News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Brotep on January 09, 2010, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 09, 2010, 03:12:46 AM
Mine will say "FUCK FRANCE" on it.

:lulz:

million burqa march!

If I had the moneys, I'd get me a camo one! Because nothing says anonymity like a camoflague burqa in the middle of Tucson. :lulz:

rygD

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 09, 2010, 07:01:13 AM
What we really need are police cameras on every street and ID chips, so that no one can ever be anonymous in public, ever, ever. So that we can have Safety™ everywhere we go.

Forget about only having such rules in private establishments and public transportation. It needs to be EVERYWHERE.

Please don't joke like that.  I think they will be pushing for all of these very soon.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

rygD

Quote from: Suu on January 09, 2010, 03:30:04 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on January 09, 2010, 07:14:29 AM

I was commenting on your altruistic, if not delusional opinion of the goodwill of your fellow Americans.

WHY YOU BEING SO UNPATRIOTIC?!!!

:amurrica:

America LOVES YOU, because we are charitable LOVING people who embrace ALL RACES AND RELIGIONS. I mean, I live in Rhode Island! Where some of the NICEST people in the world live because the colony was founded by expelled Puritans who thought for themselves! Our governor was drunk when he signed the Declaration of Independence! WHAT CHEER? HOPE!!!

Surely you jest, m'lady.  I have found people in your region to be rather rude.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 09, 2010, 11:32:47 AM
EOT I dont care whether you are Daruko or not, if you don't want people to treat you like a fucking annoying troll, stop the EITHER/OR thing. It's fucking annoying and unnecessary.

then you can talk about whether or not you "don't exactly appreciate the disrespectful attitude" and expect one to actually give a flying fuck.

I am mildly bemused that it gets to you that much.

Isn't there some guy here who posts everything in poem format, with no punctuation?

That seems much more annoying. The only thing this is doing to me is making me compulsively want to type "OR" before every afterthought.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rygD on January 09, 2010, 06:18:12 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 09, 2010, 07:01:13 AM
What we really need are police cameras on every street and ID chips, so that no one can ever be anonymous in public, ever, ever. So that we can have Safety™ everywhere we go.

Forget about only having such rules in private establishments and public transportation. It needs to be EVERYWHERE.

Please don't joke like that.  I think they will be pushing for all of these very soon.

Oh, I know.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

re:nigel

as far as I know, he left?

and yes it does, it took me until today to figure out the bit he actually means is the first part. it makes me feel i can't talk to him normally.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

E.O.T.

EITHER

Quit reading my posts, it's annoying me.

OR

I'm economizing, because these are such hard times. A post 2 in 1.

OR,OR

I'm not good with one liners.

OR,OR,OR

If there's anything to be said about anything, there's an absurd, or hysterical, or prudent, or simply possible, alternate. I like to exhaust my options.

"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm not gonna go berserk on E.O.T., but he really makes me wish we had the ignore function enabled.

I really detest affectations in speech.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

-Kel-

Quote from: E.O.T. on January 11, 2010, 03:03:14 AM
EITHER

Quit reading my posts, it's annoying me.

OR

I'm economizing, because these are such hard times. A post 2 in 1.

OR,OR

I'm not good with one liners.

OR,OR,OR

If there's anything to be said about anything, there's an absurd, or hysterical, or prudent, or simply possible, alternate. I like to exhaust my options.

EITHER

I shit my pants from reading this while I slowly bleed out of each of my bodily orifices (yes, i know, poo and blood from the same place AT the same time, a modern marvel and quite possibly the pinnacle of human evolution)

OR

I completely lose faith that EOT is not a bot.

OR

Roger and I go after him with the Pink Slipper (plunger with an apple-corer epoxied to the middle inside the bowl)

AND

We all have a good laugh.

-Kel-

Hoser McRhizzy

Bump for ban and the first two arrests.

Quote from: -Kel- on January 11, 2010, 03:06:37 AM
Quote from: Brotep on January 09, 2010, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 09, 2010, 03:12:46 AM
Mine will say "FUCK FRANCE" on it.

:lulz:

million burqa march!

awesome idea!

^ love this! ^

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/972656--2-arrested-as-france-bans-face-covering-islamic-veil?bn=1

The people who think they're making western civilization say they just want to save muslim women!  What could possibly go wrong???

QuoteTwo of the veiled women were taken away by police for taking part in an unauthorized demonstration, Paris police authority said. They were released later Monday after questioning. Amnesty International condemned the detention of the two women and others at the protest.

It was unclear whether the women were also fined for wearing a veil.

The law says veiled women risk a €150 ($215) fine or special citizenship classes, though not jail. People who force women to don a veil are subject to up to a year in prison and a €30,000 fine ($43,000), and possibly twice that if the veiled person is a minor. The ban affects women who wear the niqab and the burqa.

The law is worded to skate safely through legal minefields: The words "women," ''Muslim" and "veil" are not even mentioned. The law says it is illegal to hide the face in the public space, but makes exceptions to allow for motorcycle helmets, traditional ceremonies such as weddings or Carnival costumes.

While Italy also has a law against concealing the face for security reasons, France's law was the first conceived to target veil-wearers. Sarkozy said he wanted a ban, and that the veils are not welcome in France.

:asplode:
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Thurnez Isa

I would laugh if French Muslim woman start to walk the streets in bicycle helmets.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jenne

I've got a fucking brilliant idea; if people want to ban Muslim "cultural practices," with force, they need to fucking start with excision, and how it still happens on the dining room and kitchen tables to young girls WORLDWIDE.  That shit's NOT in the Qu'ran.

But it's so much fucking easier to attack the thing on the outside than the ugliness that's deep within.

I think I've just been reading too much fucking Ayaan Hirsi Ali lately.