News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

The comments astound me. And people bitch about the US being racist? Fuck. They don't hold a candle to the British.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Especially about South Asians.  Racism against blacks doesn't seem very common - I know it still exists, of course, but I'm much more shocked to hear anti-black sentiment than, say, anti-Pakistani sentiment.

Suu

In all honesty, if someone even mentioned outlawing the birqa or hijab over here, they'd be lynched on it violating the 1st Amendment (unless they are, of course, a group of minor Muslim kids from Detroit with sweatshirts.) If anything, I'm usually like, "Oooohhhh...pretty fabric!" when I see them anyway.

Just as a Jewish man has a right to wear a yarmulke, Islamic woman should be able to wear the hijab without questioning. And as I mentioned before, shit, up until ohh...the 1900s, good Christian folk ALWAYS wore hats of some sort when outdoors, and up through the Renaissance it was REQUIRED. It's a sign of piety and modesty.

In fact, I think it's going to be required now within the SPoK that all Discordians wear Kansas City Royals baseball caps.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Suu on January 08, 2010, 06:04:56 AM
In fact, I think it's going to be required now within the SPoK that all Discordians wear Kansas City Royals baseball caps.

Please, please don't do this.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Quote from: The Omnipotent Grinner on January 08, 2010, 06:06:56 AM

I'm sorry, but it's the most random and humiliating team I can think of outside of the sacred AL East.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 08, 2010, 03:53:06 AM
I have to wonder if France and Switzerland are trying to create their own terrorism problem by doing shit like this so it can make its own PATRIOT act.

sad truth though it may be, you might very well win the thread. governments need enemies to distract the populace in times of economic downturn.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

E.O.T.

In all honesty, if someone even mentioned outlawing the birqa or hijab over here, they'd be lynched on it violating the 1st Amendment (unless they are, of course, a group of minor Muslim kids from Detroit with sweatshirts.) If anything, I'm usually like, "Oooohhhh...pretty fabric!" when I see them anyway.

Just as a Jewish man has a right to wear a yarmulke, Islamic woman should be able to wear the hijab without questioning. And as I mentioned before, shit, up until ohh...the 1900s, good Christian folk ALWAYS wore hats of some sort when outdoors, and up through the Renaissance it was REQUIRED. It's a sign of piety and modesty.

EITHER

I agree with your sentiment SUU. I have to say however, that the U.S. is the land of "freedom fries"  and innumerable other subtle social reform. Although surrounded by confusion of media goal and twists given to perception, the U.S. / Mexican border is currently patrolled by active forces of the organized "minute men".  Most Americans don't remember at this point in time, what life was like in America before the current (911 & POST) "WAR ON TERROR". Civilizations' substance is rumbling and transforming. Think of how sick your gut was at the thought of "W" being "President" and all of the effects. "Obama" may be yet an altered deception, deeper into the same sick betrayal of humanity.
FRANCE has had hard-core shit going on for a loong time now, tension-wise, and there are complex elements to consider. I'm certainly not supporting any established government decision. We can't point fingers at FRANCE. Our current "Administration" is totally O.K. with the idea that there are burqa donned terrorists. Take your shoes off and dispense of all liquids, my friend. If necessary, the government has loads of back up discs, you're on file.  In America, you are the enemy too. But because there's so many of you fuckers we don't discriminate, we just "disappear" 'ya.

OR

I'm opening a private club, only for burqa wearers. And their admirers.

"a good fight justifies any cause"

Richter

... and Richter was the Heretics

Again.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Sorry to intrude, but I'm sure I read that -kel- was going to show off her boobs in the name of liberty and freedom.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Suu on January 08, 2010, 06:09:30 AM

I'm sorry, but it's the most random and humiliating team I can think of outside of the sacred AL East.
This would be more humiliating:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Suu

Quote from: E.O.T. on January 08, 2010, 09:53:59 AM

EITHER

I agree with your sentiment SUU. I have to say however, that the U.S. is the land of "freedom fries"  and innumerable other subtle social reform. Although surrounded by confusion of media goal and twists given to perception, the U.S. / Mexican border is currently patrolled by active forces of the organized "minute men".  Most Americans don't remember at this point in time, what life was like in America before the current (911 & POST) "WAR ON TERROR". Civilizations' substance is rumbling and transforming. Think of how sick your gut was at the thought of "W" being "President" and all of the effects. "Obama" may be yet an altered deception, deeper into the same sick betrayal of humanity.
FRANCE has had hard-core shit going on for a loong time now, tension-wise, and there are complex elements to consider. I'm certainly not supporting any established government decision. We can't point fingers at FRANCE. Our current "Administration" is totally O.K. with the idea that there are burqa donned terrorists. Take your shoes off and dispense of all liquids, my friend. If necessary, the government has loads of back up discs, you're on file.  In America, you are the enemy too. But because there's so many of you fuckers we don't discriminate, we just "disappear" 'ya.

OR

I'm opening a private club, only for burqa wearers. And their admirers.

Yeah yeah, down with the system and all that jazz, right?

Suu

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 08, 2010, 05:21:40 PM
Quote from: Suu on January 08, 2010, 06:09:30 AM

This would be more humiliating:

Is that a classic Pittsburgh hat? That's AWESOME.

-Kel-

Quote from: LMNO on January 08, 2010, 02:04:08 PM
Sorry to intrude, but I'm sure I read that -kel- was going to show off her boobs in the name of liberty and freedom.

Already have, and will again. There are pics on the interwebs as well.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't like Burqas, either.

But I don't want to outlaw them.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on January 08, 2010, 05:19:58 AM
The comments astound me. And people bitch about the US being racist? Fuck. They don't hold a candle to the British.

In all fairness, it IS The Daily Mail we're looking at.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.