News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

Women who wear burkhas and niqabs on the street in France face fines of £750
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1241293/Women-wear-burkhas-street-France-face-fines-700.html

but what if i wear the french flag burqas?

rygD

Then those bastards would fine you, as Islam is not an authorised religion in France, even if you are patriotic (perhaps more so than they are).
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

-Kel-

I'm going to buy one for my ex husband (french dude)

The Johnny

I recall this started out in schools some years ago, i didnt think they wouldnt accept it even on the streets.

Its very convenient, because its a restriction that doesnt affect all the christian assholes.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

rygD

Quote from: -Kel- on January 07, 2010, 11:04:01 PM
I'm going to buy one for my ex husband (french dude)

The question is, will he wear it?  And make sure to warn him that if he wears it in France that he will be fined:

"He said the fine would apply to 'all people on the public street whose face is entirely covered'."

Also, I will look for one here, as we have a French presence in this area, so they may be selling them cheaper.

rygD

Also, I can see the eyes of the woman in the picture with the article.  She shouldn't get fined, as her face isn't entirely covered.

Cain

I told you guys Europe doesn't have a handle on this "freedom of religion" thing.

You think over a hundred years of sectarian provoked warfare might've taught us something, but nooooooooooo....

rygD

Quote from: Cain on January 07, 2010, 11:10:41 PM
I told you guys Europe doesn't have a handle on this "freedom of religion" thing.

You think over a hundred years of sectarian provoked warfare might've taught us something, but nooooooooooo....

Obviously it isn't a war on religion in France, it is them fighting for equal rights for women.

The Johnny

Quote from: rygD on January 07, 2010, 11:13:17 PM

Obviously it isn't a war on religion in France, it is them fighting for equal rights for women.

:troll:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

the last yatto

Quote from: rygD on January 07, 2010, 11:07:35 PM
"He said the fine would apply to 'all people on the public street whose face is entirely covered'."

point of policy not woman's rights thats just the veil :fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

-Kel-

a woman should have the right to wear one if she wants, and the right to flash her boobies if she wants. im just saying......

The Johnny

Focusing on supressing the aesthetic and superficial parts of an ideology doesnt ever make a big change.

If you dont allow the Ku Klux Klan to wear their hoods in public... does that not make them racist anymore?

And Islam isnt the Ku Klux Klan either.

1. Its not about women's rights.
2. Its a conveniently designed law that targets Muslims.

-B.F. Skinner

rygD

Quote from: -Kel- on January 07, 2010, 11:20:17 PM

a woman should have the right to wear one if she wants, and the right to flash her boobies if she wants. im just saying......

The way it seems to be going in France, they will tell you that you MUST flash your tits...

The Johnny

One significant difference between Islam and the KKK is that one is something that is broad and cultural manifestation that its central point isnt the "keeping down of women" while the other is merely a racist ideology.

And its also xenophobic and racist, because even do i think these women have fewer rights, they seem to be content with them; its assuming everyone should conform to occidentalized ideas as the norm/law/truth.

-B.F. Skinner

rygD

Quote from: JohNyx on January 07, 2010, 11:21:24 PM
Focusing on supressing the aesthetic and superficial parts of an ideology doesnt ever make a big change.

If you dont allow the Ku Klux Klan to wear their hoods in public... does that not make them racist anymore?

And Islam isnt the Ku Klux Klan either.

1. Its not about women's rights.
2. Its a conveniently designed law that targets Muslims.

I am pretty sure we all know that, but the quotes in the article claim it is to protect the women's rights, such as:
"President Sarkozy has called them 'a sign of subservience and debasement that imprison women', saying they are 'not welcome in France'."

As kel said, the woman should be the one to decide what she wears.