News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rygD

I think he is saying he will wear a burqa at your place if he wants to.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

hooplala

I wouldn't care, personally.

BUT, I think someone has the right to refuse him entry to their property, if they so choose.

Does that answer the question?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

Personal homes i can get down with that.

But companies and stuff like that...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 12:13:03 AM

Personal homes i can get down with that.

But companies and stuff like that...

Well, if its a privately owned company, why should that be different?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

Do you think it would be ok for a private company as Wal Mart to declare "we do not hire blacks or women"?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 12:16:31 AM

Do you think it would be ok for a private company as Wal Mart to declare "we do not hire blacks or women"?

Yes, as unpopular as I know that opinion is; HOWEVER, I wouldn't buy anything there.  

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

Well, for me, i dont think that kind of discrimination should be allowed.

And i draw parallels between the WalMart example and the actions of the frenchies.

Just that the frenchies is even worse, because its the public government bashing on Muslims, when they toot their horns of being so progressive.

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

the last yatto

there are already laws on the books about discrimination based on a set criteria
eta: or in countries where there isnt, im sure that kinda policy is a curse

you can disallow someone entry as long as its not because of the protected status

no shirts no shoes no service OK

no Towelheads NOT OK

English only OK but  :horrormirth:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

rygD

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 12:23:32 AM

And i draw parallels between the WalMart example and the actions of the frenchies.

Just that the frenchies is even worse, because its the public government bashing on Muslims, when they toot their horns of being so progressive.

I think Wal-Mart could do that, if they wanted.  But Hoopla had it right, and they will lose many customers, and probably be out of business fairly quickly due to such a policy.  I am sure many of us here are disgusted by knowing that a government would put such a policy into effect, but things that I thought most of the world was moving away from are now becoming laws.  The shit I see in my home country  tends to make me ashamed to call myself American.  It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to take my citizenship away because I said that.  

Governments and corporations are corrupt and they will both do what the fuck they want as long as it gives them more power/money and control.

Cain

On the other hand, most people are cool with torture now, so they'd probably be down with casual racism and sexism too, so long as there was no social stigma.

The Johnny

Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 12:32:12 AM

I think Wal-Mart could do that, if they wanted.  But Hoopla had it right, and they will lose many customers, and probably be out of business fairly quickly due to such a policy.  I am sure many of us here are disgusted by knowing that a government would put such a policy into effect, but things that I thought most of the world was moving away from are now becoming laws.  The shit I see in my home country  tends to make me ashamed to call myself American.  It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to take my citizenship away because I said that.  

Governments and corporations are corrupt and they will both do what the fuck they want as long as it gives them more power/money and control.

They could even create a huge niche-market compromised of the middle and south-east fundies and keep making loads of money

I know everyone is corrupt and all that, but for me, that doesnt make it an ok practice.

-B.F. Skinner

rygD

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2010, 12:38:10 AM
On the other hand, most people are cool with torture now, so they'd probably be down with casual racism and sexism too, so long as there was no social stigma.

Seems like France is open for religious persecution.  Do you think that shit will fly in the US and UK?

rygD

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 12:39:29 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 12:32:12 AM

They could even create a huge niche-market compromised of the middle and south-east fundies and keep making loads of money

I know everyone is corrupt and all that, but for me, that doesnt make it an ok practice.

I agree that it isn't ok, but until the masses get off their lazy asses and do something about it, or at least speak out about it, things will progressively get worse.  If people do try to do something they may very well find themselves imprisoned, or may just vanish, and that is why it seems that the masses approve of such policies, as only small groups seem to give a fuck about it.  I am not to knowledgeable of the politics involved though, it seems Europe hates Islam to me.

Brotep

Quote from: -Kel- on January 07, 2010, 11:20:17 PM
a woman should have the right to wear one if she wants, and the right to flash her boobies if she wants. im just saying......

And I'm just saying, hellz yeah.   :fap:

Quote from: JohNyx on January 07, 2010, 11:07:12 PM

I recall this started out in schools some years ago, i didnt think they wouldnt accept it even on the streets.

Its very convenient, because its a restriction that doesnt affect all the christian assholes.

You guys are right: this is some bullshit legislation.  However, I'm not sure we're reading the subtext properly.  From what I know of France, it's not a "Christians vs. Muslims" thing so much as a "secular nationalists vs. anyone who displays a nonsecular identity" thing.  Atheists vs. unassimilated theists.  France doesn't want to get rid of the Muslims; France just wants them to act like everybody else.

It's still bullshit, but slightly less heinous bullshit, or at least different bullshit.