News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Breaking news!! France doens't like burqas

Started by -Kel-, January 07, 2010, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

Wait I just found this.

Buying it, going down to the temple. Let's see how long it takes to get arrested.

Will be calling for bail later.

rygD

Quote from: -Kel- on January 08, 2010, 01:45:56 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 01:41:50 AM
Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 01:26:21 AM

Still, not allowing them to wear what they want on the street is completely off-the-wall, over-the-top.

What if I decided to take a stroll in front of your house wearing a big bulky jacket covering something up,  with, what is that...WIRES!?  What is this thing in my hand here with the switch on it for...
I will always find a way to be over the top in my clothes.

Oh, but you'd look so much better in this....

I am not girly enough for that.  She sure does look fuckable though...please pardon me while I go fantasize about the Borg Queen.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

The Johnny

Still, not allowing them to wear what they want on the street is completely off-the-wall, over-the-top.

What if I decided to take a stroll in front of your house wearing a big bulky jacket covering something up,  with, what is that...WIRES!?  What is this thing in my hand here with the switch on it for...

I am not comparing the wearing of a burqa with suicide bombers, but there are legitimate reasons for not allowing people to wear certain things in certain places, and if you test me, I will always find a way to be over the top in my clothes.

If you arent comparing burqa wearers to suicide bombers, then your example makes no sense.

Your right, muslims should only wear transparent ponchos so they dont blow us up.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not comparing the wearing of a burqa with suicide bombers, but there are legitimate reasons for not allowing people to wear certain things in certain places, and if you test me, I will always find a way to be over the top in my clothes.

It should totally be illegal to wear big bulky jackets. That'll teach people in Wisconsin to go outside in winter! They're all terrorists anyway.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 08, 2010, 02:23:02 AM

It should totally be illegal to wear big bulky jackets. That'll teach people in Wisconsin to go outside in winter! They're all terrorists anyway.

And backpacks! Surely they are filled with drugs, korans and C4 !!!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I do understand the security risk to not being able to identify people on private property, particularly banks and other places where surveillance is a legitimate need. But on the street, in public, there is no more excuse for telling people they must keep their face bare at all times than there is for telling people that they must be microchipped and wear a tracking device. Not only that, but unless they also outlaw full beards on men, they are discriminating against women by permitting men to obscure their faces, while women cannot.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rygD

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:18:55 AM

If you arent comparing burqa wearers to suicide bombers, then your example makes no sense.

Your right, muslims should only wear transparent ponchos so they dont blow us up.

My jacket was directed at you.  I can understand restrictions on people wearing certain clothes in certain places.  I don't see how that makes no sense.  Some things are a no-no.  If you saw me in front of your home wearing my previously described jacket, you think I should be left alone?

I still think a woman being told that she is not allowed to wear attire suiting her religious beliefs in public is fucking stupid.  Just outlaw religion and make it easier.

rygD

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 08, 2010, 02:26:46 AM
I do understand the security risk to not being able to identify people on private property, particularly banks and other places where surveillance is a legitimate need. But on the street, in public, there is no more excuse for telling people they must keep their face bare at all times than there is for telling people that they must be microchipped and wear a tracking device. Not only that, but unless they also outlaw full beards on men, they are discriminating against women by permitting men to obscure their faces, while women cannot.

No, only fully covered faces would be outlawed.  Beards would be fine.

East Coast Hustle

you should have every right to wear a vest with wires coming out of it and leading to a switch in your hand.

you do not have the right to blow yourself up in public, but legislating behavior based on what possible bad outcomes may occur is flawed and should not be encouraged.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Johnny

Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:32:00 AM

My jacket was directed at you.  I can understand restrictions on people wearing certain clothes in certain places.  I don't see how that makes no sense.  Some things are a no-no.  If you saw me in front of your home wearing my previously described jacket, you think I should be left alone?

I still think a woman being told that she is not allowed to wear attire suiting her religious beliefs in public is fucking stupid.  Just outlaw religion and make it easier.

If you were just standing there, whatever. If when i exited my apartment complex you stared at me creepily id keep an eye out for you, while i walk towards wherever im going. You could very well be covered in tar and feathers and i wouldnt mind.

Besides, suicide bombers dont wait, they just strike.

And you dont need a burqa to hide plastic explosives, it more than well fits in said backpack i mentioned.

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:33:50 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 08, 2010, 02:26:46 AM

No, only fully covered faces would be outlawed.  Beards would be fine.

A heavy beard with full moustache and sideburns covers everything a burqha covers but the nose and forehead. Add a hat and the guy might as well be wearing a burqha, inasmuch that as soon as he shaves the beard he's unrecognizable.

Ascoe

Quote from: -Kel- on January 08, 2010, 01:48:19 AM
Wait I just found this.

Buying it, going down to the temple. Let's see how long it takes to get arrested.

Will be calling for bail later.

The Johnny

And im not sure, but i think you can fit enough C4 up your rectum to kill a dozen people.

So the "banning clothing" for Safetytm doesnt make much sense to me.

-B.F. Skinner

rygD

Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 08, 2010, 02:39:20 AM

you should have every right to wear a vest with wires coming out of it and leading to a switch in your hand.

you do not have the right to blow yourself up in public, but legislating behavior based on what possible bad outcomes may occur is flawed and should not be encouraged.

This is why you are so fun to have conversations with.

rygD

Quote from: JohNyx on January 08, 2010, 02:42:27 AM
Quote from: rygD on January 08, 2010, 02:32:00 AM

If you were just standing there, whatever. If when i exited my apartment complex you stared at me creepily id keep an eye out for you, while i walk towards wherever im going. You could very well be covered in tar and feathers and i wouldnt mind.

Besides, suicide bombers dont wait, they just strike.

And you dont need a burqa to hide plastic explosives, it more than well fits in said backpack i mentioned.

As I said, I think a burqa is fine.  If I saw some asshole in my neighborhood wearing my jacket I would beat the shit out of him and take my jacket back.  If I saw someone I thought might have a bomb I would get my family out of the area, then inform the police "there was a guy walking around outside with a big bulky jacket covering something, with wires, and a switch in his hand."