News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Human sacrifice on the rise in Uganda....allegedly

Started by Cain, January 09, 2010, 02:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/uganda/6944292/Human-sacrifices-on-the-rise-in-Uganda-as-witch-doctors-admit-to-rituals.html

QuoteOne man said he had clients who had captured children and taken their blood and body parts to his shrine, while another confessed to killing at least 70 people including his own son.

The latter has now given up the ritual and is campaigning to stamp it out, according to BBC News.

The African country's government claimed human sacrifice was on the increase.

According to officials trying to tackle it, the crime is directly linked to rising levels of development and prosperity - and an increasing belief that witchcraft can help people get rich quickly.

During its investigation, to be broadcast on Thursday on Radio 4 and Newsnight, the BBC team witnessed anti-sacrifice campaigners torching the shrine of a witch-doctor in northern Uganda, who agreed to give up the practice.

He said clients came to him in search of wealth.

"They go and capture other people's children. They bring the heart and the blood directly here to take to the spirits," he said.

"They bring them in small tins and they place these objects under the tree from which the voices of the spirits are coming."

The witch doctor, who said he was paid 500,000 Ugandan shillings (around £160) for a consultation, denied any direct involvement in murder or incitement to murder, saying his spirits spoke directly to clients.

Moses Binoga, the assistant police commissioner who is head of the Ugandan anti-human sacrifice and trafficking task force, said there were 26 murders thought to be part of ritual sacrifice last year compared with three cases in 2007.

"We also have about 120 children and adults reported missing whose fate we have not traced," he added. "From the experience of those whom we recovered, we cannot rule out that they may be victims of human sacrifice."

While I'm not the sort of person to deny horrible shit is going on in order to preserve my view of the world as a nice and fluffy place where bad things only happen to bad people, I would like to point out this is the same fundamentalist Christian government that is planning on putting HIV positive homosexuals to death, and therefore there may be an element of confirmation bias going on here.

maphdet

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2010, 02:04:40 AM

While I'm not the sort of person to deny horrible shit is going on in order to preserve my view of the world as a nice and fluffy place where bad things only happen to bad people, I would like to point out this is the same fundamentalist Christian government that is planning on putting HIV positive homosexuals to death, and therefore there may be an element of confirmation bias going on here.

Wait, are you saying that the African government is considering putting people who sleep with the same sex and have a HIV to death??

Holy shit-wtf?

I thought Africa was all about Kwanzaa and shit, and not Christian. (?)

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

The Johnny

Quote from: maphdet on January 09, 2010, 03:17:00 AM

Wait, are you saying that the African government is considering putting people who sleep with the same sex and have a HIV to death??

Holy shit-wtf?

As far as i know, at least 75% of Africa has been colonialized by Euros. And Euros are/were christian.

AND THEY TAUGHT THEM THE WAY OF VIRTUE!!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

East Coast Hustle

Holy shit-wtf?

Kwanzaa was made up in the 60's by Americans.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

maphdet

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 09, 2010, 09:01:15 PM

Holy shit-wtf?

Kwanzaa was made up in the 60's by Americans.

Go figure.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.