News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Terrible Ideas that sound awesome

Started by Jasper, January 10, 2010, 08:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 28, 2010, 05:39:29 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 28, 2010, 11:03:48 AM
Taking a new job closer to home thinking it is going to be awesome instead of not-awesome which it turns out to be. 

What's wrong with the new job?

The Director is a dumb-ass, unqualified hippy from Vermont.  I've asked him 4 times now to find out what my Employee ID number is so I can fill out some forms for the hospital.  Clearly he doesn't know how to work the phone or follow up, or something.  Also, it's pretty clear he doesn't really understand what it is I'm supposed to do for this grant, fortunately, the project director for the initiative does, and so I can work around him. 

I'm also fairly certain that I am going to be horribly bored in this job compared to my last one.  The workplan is anemic at best, and I'm not sure how much impact it will really have.  But, I've got a job right?  I shouldn't complain too much. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 29, 2010, 01:17:15 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 28, 2010, 05:39:29 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 28, 2010, 11:03:48 AM
Taking a new job closer to home thinking it is going to be awesome instead of not-awesome which it turns out to be. 

What's wrong with the new job?

The Director is a dumb-ass, unqualified hippy from Vermont.  I've asked him 4 times now to find out what my Employee ID number is so I can fill out some forms for the hospital.  Clearly he doesn't know how to work the phone or follow up, or something.  Also, it's pretty clear he doesn't really understand what it is I'm supposed to do for this grant, fortunately, the project director for the initiative does, and so I can work around him. 

I'm also fairly certain that I am going to be horribly bored in this job compared to my last one.  The workplan is anemic at best, and I'm not sure how much impact it will really have.  But, I've got a job right?  I shouldn't complain too much. 

Yep.  And you can use this job to stay alive while you find something more exciting.  This is important, because in this economy, that could take a very, very long time.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

NEW ENTRY

posting on pd from a public toilet.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 29, 2010, 07:05:02 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 29, 2010, 11:26:28 AM
Quote from: Felix on January 29, 2010, 01:55:04 AM
NEW ENTRY

Isn't that redundant?

:rimshot:

don't you mean re-dung-dant?

:rimshot: :rimshot:

I don't know what kind of mood urine, but that was a shitty pun.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Jasper

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 29, 2010, 07:57:56 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on January 29, 2010, 07:05:02 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 29, 2010, 11:26:28 AM
Quote from: Felix on January 29, 2010, 01:55:04 AM
NEW ENTRY

Isn't that redundant?

:rimshot:

don't you mean re-dung-dant?

:rimshot: :rimshot:

I don't know what kind of mood urine, but that was a shitty pun.

You two just wipe that smell off your faeces.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dating.

Wait, have I already posted that in this thread?

It doesn't matter. Still a terrible idea that sounded awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."