News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

This chair leg vs your cranium.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 10, 2010, 09:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on January 11, 2010, 07:52:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2010, 09:48:32 PM
You know, I made this thread to make fun of a few other threads here.

:sad:

Actually, I was referring to rong's endless spinoffs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on January 11, 2010, 09:30:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 07:54:49 PM

you don't like me, do you, rog?

I hate you on principle, due to your species, but other than that I really have no opinion.  Outside of you taking liberties with my given name.

Protip:  Unless you've known me for years, or I'm banging you, I prefer "Roger".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I bet 50 internets on the chair leg, provided it's being wielded by Spider Jerusalem.

rong

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 09:32:16 PM

I hate you on principle, due to your species, but other than that I really have no opinion.  Outside of you taking liberties with my given name.

Protip:  Unless you've known me for years, or I'm banging you, I prefer "Roger".

are you using the word "species" literally, here?

also - i promise i'll quit calling you "rog" after i ask the following question (i'd appreciate an answer, but hey - that's, like, up to you, man).  does it bother you that the spelling of "rog" looks like it should rhyme with log or dog.  the way it's pronounced, it seems like it should be "rodge" so it looks like hodge and podge.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on January 11, 2010, 11:16:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2010, 09:32:16 PM

are you using the word "species" literally, here?

Yes.  I misanthropic in a way that makes Paul of Tarsus look like Mr Rogers.  Everyone thinks I'm joking about that.  I'm not.  I really hate that I have to put up with you fucking simians, and one of the three proofs I have of a malevolent deity is that he knows I hate monkeys, and he put me on a planet with 6.75 billion of you.

Quote from: rong on January 11, 2010, 11:16:27 PM
also - i promise i'll quit calling you "rog" after i ask the following question (i'd appreciate an answer, but hey - that's, like, up to you, man).  does it bother you that the spelling of "rog" looks like it should rhyme with log or dog.  the way it's pronounced, it seems like it should be "rodge" so it looks like hodge and podge.

It's never crossed my mind.  I don't even MIND the name "Rog", except for the implied familiarity.  If I am comfortable with you as a friend or (more likely) a treasured lifetime enemy, I don't mind the familiarity.  If I don't know you from Adam, taking liberties with my name makes you come off as a used-car salesman, you know?  Kind of oily?  Frankly, it's offensive as hell, and if you're the kind of person who thinks being offensive for its own sake is desirable, then you're too stupid to bother with.

Are you that stupid?  If not, please stop being needlessly offensive.  If so, please return to chewing on paint chips.

TIA.

Doktor Howl

Note:  Since this was written, an additional billion primates have been added.
Molon Lube

Cain

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 12, 2010, 02:21:55 AM
[...]

Outside of you taking liberties with my given name.

[...]

Yes.  I misanthropic in a way that makes Paul of Tarsus look like Mr Rogers.  Everyone thinks I'm joking about that.  I'm not.  I really hate that I have to put up with you fucking simians, and one of the three proofs I have of a malevolent deity is that he knows I hate monkeys, and he put me on a planet with 6.75 billion of you.
[...]