News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Ask Hoopla:

Started by hooplala, January 11, 2010, 07:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 08:39:55 PM
HOOPLA:  I SWALLOWED MY LAZOR.  WHAT TO DO?

Laser pointer, or death ray laser?

Or something else?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on January 19, 2010, 08:41:53 PM

Or something else?

It's the death one.  I tried to shoop the whoop, but accidentally my lower GI tract.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on January 19, 2010, 02:09:25 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on January 19, 2010, 02:41:50 AM
EITHER

HOOPLA, My real opinion was (is), there IS nothing left to lose, shoot the bastards. If one decides not to, hey, bake up some sweet mini cheese cakes and love it. We live only once. Or twice, maybe. Either way, it's an earnest response, addressing content within the thread. No jacking, no nonsense.

RE: michael jackson in my cell phone, it was OTHER folks who threw out spiny norman , etc. I simply responded to those elements. I included the MOONWALK and A MICHAEL JACKSON cellphone. again, totally on the topic. No jacking. In my opinion, folks going out of their way to have a tizzy about my style are jacking shit more than anything. Get over it, folks.  

I stated/ asked said post(er) "why are you asking hoopla" because I don't get this pattern(here, on this board) of folks addressing the thread author when they have a question in regards to another individuals' post. I mean, HOOPLA, do you know why E.O.T. does this either/ or thing? No, of course not, why would you. Why not simply ask the post(er) themselves?! It's like calling 'mommy'.

OR

Do I rent a movie and start drinking or do I catch up on reading tonight?

Natter natter natter, blah blah blah, nobody gives a shit... or at least I don't.  

I wrote you off over a month ago, so let me repeat myself: GTFO of my thread.

Let me know if you need a thread split.

Seriously?

Over post layout?

That's fucking retarded.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 08:42:50 PM

Or something else?

It's the death one.  I tried to shoop the whoop, but accidentally my lower GI tract.

The whole tract?

In that case, wait 4 hours, then lay waste to downtown Tuscon.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 19, 2010, 08:43:24 PM
EITHER

HOOPLA, My real opinion was (is), there IS nothing left to lose, shoot the bastards. If one decides not to, hey, bake up some sweet mini cheese cakes and love it. We live only once. Or twice, maybe. Either way, it's an earnest response, addressing content within the thread. No jacking, no nonsense.

RE: michael jackson in my cell phone, it was OTHER folks who threw out spiny norman , etc. I simply responded to those elements. I included the MOONWALK and A MICHAEL JACKSON cellphone. again, totally on the topic. No jacking. In my opinion, folks going out of their way to have a tizzy about my style are jacking shit more than anything. Get over it, folks.  

I stated/ asked said post(er) "why are you asking hoopla" because I don't get this pattern(here, on this board) of folks addressing the thread author when they have a question in regards to another individuals' post. I mean, HOOPLA, do you know why E.O.T. does this either/ or thing? No, of course not, why would you. Why not simply ask the post(er) themselves?! It's like calling 'mommy'.

OR

Natter natter natter, blah blah blah, nobody gives a shit... or at least I don't.  

Seriously?

Over post layout?

That's fucking retarded.

I frequently ask people if they want a thread split if they are upset with a derail.  I have even deleted posts upon occasion (Eldora's blathering in your B&B thread, for a recent example).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 19, 2010, 08:44:42 PM

Or something else?

The whole tract?

How I wish.  How I really, really wish.

hooplala

EITHER

OR

Seriously?

Over post layout?

That's fucking retarded.

No, over none of their posts having anything to do with the thread.  The post layout is just one more added aggravation.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 08:45:59 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 19, 2010, 08:44:42 PM

Or something else?

The whole tract?

How I wish.  How I really, really wish.

I'm with LMNO on this one.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on January 19, 2010, 08:50:16 PM
EITHER

OR

Seriously?

Over post layout?

That's fucking retarded.

No, over none of their posts having anything to do with the thread.  The post layout is just one more added aggravation.

None of them struck me as being off-topic... but maybe different standards for off-topic apply if you don't like the post layout.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: E.O.T. on January 18, 2010, 05:43:28 AM
EITHER

OR

OR, 0R,

Quote from: E.O.T. on January 18, 2010, 05:54:33 AM
EITHER

OR

Quote from: E.O.T. on January 18, 2010, 06:15:23 AM
Quote from: FP on January 18, 2010, 06:05:54 AM
Hoops - WTF is this shit? ^^

EITHER

spiny norman

OR

The moonwalk

OR,0R

Dinsdale

OR.0r,OR,

Michael Jackson cellphone

OR,OR,0R,OR

DUH!

OR,OR,OR,OR,OR

Why are you asking HOOPLA?

Does any of the above seem particularly on topic to you?  Or do different standards for on-topic apply if you're in a shitty mood?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

It looks off topic to me, but what do I know?  I'm retarded.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They all referenced things people have said in this thread. I have no idea what EOT meant by that (highlighting our inane comments, maybe?) but they were ALL things referenced by other posters in this thread.

There is no denying that he/she/it is rather incomprehensible, but picking on it for referencing things already referenced by others within the thread seems just hypocritical.

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck.  Done with it.

TGRR,
Is up to his bottom lip with the goddamn board-nannying.

Captain Utopia

...and the troll wins  :sad:

hooplala

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 19, 2010, 09:02:24 PM
They all referenced things people have said in this thread. I have no idea what EOT meant by that (highlighting our inane comments, maybe?) but they were ALL things referenced by other posters in this thread.

There is no denying that he/she/it is rather incomprehensible, but picking on it for referencing things already referenced by others within the thread seems just hypocritical.

How so?  The thread was created for people to ask questions to be answered by someone who has no qualifications whatsoever, not for someone to create posts referencing other people's posts.

I fail to see the hypocrisy here.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman