News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

The "I don't want to derail the thread, but FUCK THAT'S AWESOME" thread.

Started by LMNO, January 13, 2010, 06:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

This thread is for giving praise without derailing the thread(S) in question.

Mine:

YOU GUYS, THE FUCKING BUZZARD THREAD KICKS MAJOR ASS.  GOOD TO SEE THIS SHIT IS ALWAYS BUBBLING UNDER THE SURFACE.

The Good Reverend Roger

30+ hours without sleep yesterday, so I knuckled under and took one of my old Ambien tablets last night.  45 minutes later God showed up and beat me unconcious with a sock full of quarters.  Now I feel like my body is going 120MPH, without an oil change.  But it helps with the writing, so I guess it's not all bad.  But boy, do I feel like shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Payne

I think I'm getting to the point now where I just do a stream of consciousness kind of thing, riffing off of the images that pop into my head when I read through threads like that. It's bound to be a little hit and miss, but the actual writing itself seems to be okay, so I'm going to go with it for a while longer.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on January 13, 2010, 07:11:15 PM
I think I'm getting to the point now where I just do a stream of consciousness kind of thing, riffing off of the images that pop into my head when I read through threads like that. It's bound to be a little hit and miss, but the actual writing itself seems to be okay, so I'm going to go with it for a while longer.

It's what I do.

But then again, the inside of my head is like Love Canal.  It's filthy as hell, and I don't like having it attached to my neck.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

One of the things I love is when each person picks up on some element, and runs with it, creating a cohesive little world where nobody got together beforehand, but everyone just knows the reality we're running with.

It's like a collective improvisation, and we're all in the right key.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 13, 2010, 07:15:25 PM
One of the things I love is when each person picks up on some element, and runs with it, creating a cohesive little world where nobody got together beforehand, but everyone just knows the reality we're running with.

It's like a collective improvisation, and we're all in the right key.

Gets better with practice, too.

Jasper

One day we'll be like a philosophical version of the oompaloompas.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on January 13, 2010, 07:25:33 PM

You kind of disapprove of PD now, don't you, Felix?

Jasper

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Felix on January 13, 2010, 07:25:33 PM

From the book or the movie?

Cause I liked the little hairy guys living in the trees in the book....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE CITY IS DOOMED?
   \

GO HIT THE ROAD WITH A HANDFUL OF 'SHROOMS.
  \

BEAT BACK THE SPIDERS WITH STOLEN HUBCAPS!
    \

WHILE YOU WATCH THE WORLD COLLAPSE!
    \

Jasper

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO