News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Kopyleft Principia Discordia Audiobook (Can such a thing be done?)

Started by Rev.Spade, January 17, 2010, 11:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclearcabbage

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 18, 2010, 04:33:06 AM
Quote from: The Fundamentalist on January 18, 2010, 04:24:55 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 18, 2010, 12:54:04 AM
A fair amount of what is in the Principia is visual art so obviously we'd need to leave that out.

Perhaps this is a bit ambitious, but could auditory art (music) be substituted?

I had thought about that.  I make what I consider to be fairly Discordant music.  The only problem I see there is an excess of pinealism and/or noize.  However as long as we keep a limit on how much audio art any one person contributes it could work.

It also means we are expanding on the original PD considerably, but that isn't really a bad thing.

you make pinealist noize?

can i take a gander at it somehow/somewhere ?
><><><><><><

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Pēleus on January 18, 2010, 09:55:15 AM
id rather hear a podcast of some of the BIP material personally

Then make some. Welcome to the Internets.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: nuclearcabbage on February 14, 2010, 05:52:53 AM
A fair amount of what is in the Principia is visual art so obviously we'd need to leave that out.

I had thought about that.  I make what I consider to be fairly Discordant music.  The only problem I see there is an excess of pinealism and/or noize.  However as long as we keep a limit on how much audio art any one person contributes it could work.

It also means we are expanding on the original PD considerably, but that isn't really a bad thing.

http://www.soundclick.com/babylonhoruv
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

nuclearcabbage

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 12:31:02 AM

cool man!
this is some fucking triptastic stuff!

noizy stuff is good stuff

><><><><><><

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: nuclearcabbage on February 15, 2010, 08:22:51 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 12:31:02 AM

cool man!
this is some fucking triptastic stuff!

noizy stuff is good stuff

Glad you enjoyed.  I am working on getting a print run of CD's together, a friend is making the album cover for me.  I plan on hawking it down  on Venice Beach once my wife and I move out to California.

-Dok Howl

nuclearcabbage

im not trying to sound pessimistic or anything, but, how sure are you of the venice crowd getting into your music?

im sure you would make some sales nonetheless, im just wondering because im sure you realize that not many people listen to ambient/noise/industrial.

p.s.
FUCKING DO IT ANYWAY :D

><><><><><><

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: nuclearcabbage on February 15, 2010, 09:11:45 PM
im not trying to sound pessimistic or anything, but, how sure are you of the venice crowd getting into your music?

im sure you would make some sales nonetheless, im just wondering because im sure you realize that not many people listen to ambient/noise/industrial.

p.s.

I picked up some Ambient dub when I was down there, hopefully I find the one or two people in the same headspace.  Also a cool looking cover is going to sell a fair amount of the albums anyways and then people can find out that it isn't what they wanted to hear later.  I had that experience myself a few times.  Fortunately most of the people hawking CD's sell them fairly cheap ( I would too, $5-10) so it is not a painful purchase even if it is not what you were looking for.

-Dok Howl

nuclearcabbage

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 09:21:58 PM
Quote from: nuclearcabbage on February 15, 2010, 09:11:45 PM

p.s.

I picked up some Ambient dub when I was down there, hopefully I find the one or two people in the same headspace.  Also a cool looking cover is going to sell a fair amount of the albums anyways and then people can find out that it isn't what they wanted to hear later.  I had that experience myself a few times.  Fortunately most of the people hawking CD's sell them fairly cheap ( I would too, $5-10) so it is not a painful purchase even if it is not what you were looking for.

hence the, "FUCKING DO IT ANYWAY"!

i wish you expected success!
><><><><><><

bds

Damn, I wish I could afford my decent mic already.

... Would stuff recorded off a semi-crap laptop mic be okay, or are you guys looking for good quality voice audio? If any of you have ever heard me in SpagSpeak you'll know what my mic sounds like, if not I can do a sample tomorrow for quality checking.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 16, 2010, 11:28:52 AM
Ambient Dub? WHICH ONE

loves teh psydub/ambient dub

I don't know.  Whichever artist it was was not very good at marketing because what I got was a CD full of music with "Peace and Love" written on it in marker.  Clearly the work of one artist or group as the songs are all similar and what vocals there are are the same person, but no idea the artist's name, or the album name or the song names for that matter.

-Dok Howl

LMNO

Is it a commercially released CD?  If so, google "shazam" and see if you have any technology that might be compatible with it.

nuclearcabbage

you will most likely never learn anything new regarding that artist
><><><><><><

Triple Zero

Yeah, or install Exact Audio Copy and let it search for it on FreeDB.

You wanna rip it to MP3s anyway unless you like taking a plastic box, opening and waiting for your CD tray to open and close and for the drive to spin up and play while putting the previous disc back into its plastic box and place it on the shelves, every single time you want to skip to listen to a different album!! at least a good 10 seconds wasted, that gets tedious !!

Really sometimes I wonder how people used to manage, back in the days.

Last CDs I bought spent over a year in their plastic wrapping just because I couldn't be arsed to fuck around with those silly things.

Really, nearly 5 inch in diameter and only fits 700MB? For fuck's sake ...

But I digress :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

nuclearcabbage

><><><><><><