News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

ATTN, WOMPSPAGS: Why is nobody saving isolated faces at WOMPcabal anymore?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 19, 2010, 02:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I should not have to reinvent the wheel every time I wish to mock one of you.   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

I know what you mean.. plenty of WOMPs I've aborted just because of the pain of finding the right face.

I'm planning to do something with the archive that Burns put out of ~1400 images.  By "something" I mean just set up the infrastructure to host both the original source images and for people to attach the cut-outs to handles.  I guess I'll just throw down what I was thinking so far and if anyone wants to help and/or has any suggestions then great -- after all, there's no point creating something no-one wants to use.  Nothing is set in stone though.

* GAE using Java - I had a great time using GAE with Python, and I think it'd be even better under Java.  I have server+CPU to donate if that doesn't sit well though.
* GAE ties into existing Google accounts - only the xxxx@gmail.com part is shared though - no other account details or passwords are made available to the application.
* Authentication (e.g. using Google accounts) would be required to enable editing and uploading.  Since PD is open to the public, I don't think an archive of the images should require a login to view content and use.
* Multiple handles for individuals -- e.g. "000" and "Triple Zero" should both be valid search terms.  Not sure what to do about conflicts or duplicates, although perhaps it's not fatal if it happens.
* I don't think there would be a problem if people wanted to use a group Google account - sharing the password amongst multiple trusted people.

I think a few folk might have their own face archives?  If they'd be willing to donate to the cause that'd be really sweet.

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Cramulus

for ref, the WOMP cabal used to capture faces and store them indefinitely in our facial vault.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 02:04:21 AM
I should not have to reinvent the wheel every time I wish to mock one of you.   :argh!:

I dunno, I haven't really felt like it. Payne and I used to stay on top of it when we were making silly MS paint images every 20 minutes. Lately, I've been spending my time on other stuff.

you have the login info, right?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 19, 2010, 06:25:20 PM
for ref, the WOMP cabal used to capture faces and store them indefinitely in our facial vault.

I dunno, I haven't really felt like it. Payne and I used to stay on top of it when we were making silly MS paint images every 20 minutes. Lately, I've been spending my time on other stuff.

you have the login info, right?

Yep.  I'm going to take some time this weekend and move all my WOMP stuff over, including faces.

Not that it matters, of course, since photobucket deletes all the funnier shit, and nobody seems to care about WOMPing anymore, anyway, and will look down their noses at you when you bother.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:27:14 PM
Not that it matters, of course, since photobucket deletes all the funnier shit, and nobody seems to care about WOMPing anymore, anyway, and will look down their noses at you when you bother.

:?

Richter

Saved it all locally. 
When they finally come to their senses and cart me away, there are at least 3 case studies is WTF before they even get to my WOMP folder. 

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:27:14 PM

Apparently our WOMP's don't have the right Values.

and ARAGAGQEferfgrgddghhh!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit