News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

a

Started by no name, January 19, 2010, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 06:16:03 PM
just out of curiosity has anyone come across a discordian that claims to worship one of the "legitimate" gods (yahweh, god, jesus, allah, etc)?

Yup. Hang around Discordians long enough and you will hear as more claims of worship than you can shake a stick at. Many of them will be blatant lies, however, and about as many will be half-truths.

The Good Reverend Roger

just out of curiosity has anyone come across a discordian that claims to worship one of the "legitimate" gods (yahweh, god, jesus, allah, etc)?

All the time.  However, most tend to either move into agnosticism or leave.  Not all, though.

For example, Cainad is a raging Mennonite who beats the shit out of anyone he catches with anything more complicated than a belt loop on their person.  He posts using a Commodore Vic 20, strictly for the purpose of evangelizing.  Even then he has to do a penance that involves a hair shirt and one of those poison lizards they have in New Mexico.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:41:43 PM

All the time.  However, most tend to either move into agnosticism or leave.  Not all, though.

For example, Cainad is a raging Mennonite who beats the shit out of anyone he catches with anything more complicated than a belt loop on their person.  He posts using a Commodore Vic 20, strictly for the purpose of evangelizing.  Even then he has to do a penance that involves a hair shirt and one of those poison lizards they have in New Mexico.

It's a hard life. Do you have any idea what they made me do in penance for setting up the website (http://www.mennoniteusa.org/)? To this very day I am still picking out shards of I-don't-know-what that my skin pushes out every once in a while, and we had to install an industrial ventilator in the bathroom. Which I had to do yet more penance for.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 06:47:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:41:43 PM

It's a hard life. Do you have any idea what they made me do in penance for setting up the website (http://www.mennoniteusa.org/)? To this very day I am still picking out shards of I-don't-know-what that my skin pushes out every once in a while, and we had to install an industrial ventilator in the bathroom. Which I had to do yet more penance for.

Yeah, well, you deserve it for that horrible Jihad against the Amish.  A few lines of scripture didn't justify THAT.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 07:05:17 PM

Yeah, well, you deserve it for that horrible Jihad against the Amish.  A few lines of scripture didn't justify THAT.

I was provoked, and they were totally asking for it. I mean, did you SEE the way they were dressed? Horrible, horrible.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 07:09:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 07:05:17 PM

I was provoked, and they were totally asking for it. I mean, did you SEE the way they were dressed? Horrible, horrible.

Yes, those harlots have been known to show a little ankle to get their way.  You did the right thing.

Cainad (dec.)

And I totally swiped one of their sweet hats while I was at it. Considered taking a beard too, but that's a little much, even for a man with as much ecclesiastical privilege as I.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 07:15:51 PM
And I totally swiped one of their sweet hats while I was at it. Considered taking a beard too, but that's a little much, even for a man with as much ecclesiastical privilege as I.

This is why they don't respect you, Cainad.  You're too soft on them.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 07:16:31 PM

You're probably right. I'm gonna be getting myself a cassock sooner or later; hopefully having the proper uniform while I do my dirty work will put a little bit of the Fear into them. That, or some woad and the kilt. Nothing more terrifying than a 145 lbs scarecrow shrieking at you in a man-skirt.

I may be making some sacrifices in the near future; I expect a good downpour (maybe a little thunder and lightning too) to go with my sermons.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 07:20:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 07:16:31 PM

You're probably right. I'm gonna be getting myself a cassock sooner or later; hopefully having the proper uniform while I do my dirty work will put a little bit of the Fear into them. That, or some woad and the kilt. Nothing more terrifying than a 145 lbs scarecrow shrieking at you in a man-skirt.

I may be making some sacrifices in the near future; I expect a good downpour (maybe a little thunder and lightning too) to go with my sermons.

I'll see what I can do.  I'm busy dumping all over the American West right now, though.

Cain

"Sarcasm for the Sarcasm God!"

Cuz yeah, like that'll ever catch on as a war cry.

Triple Zero

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:07:34 PM
for those that dont know hes the god of sarcasm and mockery...

you saying the mormons are just fucking with us?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 19, 2010, 08:37:03 PM
Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:07:34 PM
for those that dont know hes the god of sarcasm and mockery...

you saying the mormons are just fucking with us?

THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

Joe Smith was just taking the piss!

Cain

I thought that was given.  Any religion that steals rituals from Freemasons, at a time when anti-Freemason hysteria is at an all time high has got to be one audacious motherfucker.

And wasn't Thornley (or was it Hill) a Mormon as well?  The prosecution rests its case.

Chairman Risus

Weird. I've been spreading around Momus stuff around my school before seeing this thread.