News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Anderson Copper is all that is man

Started by -Kel-, January 19, 2010, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Cool.  I rarely get to hear good news about public figures.

Jenne

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on January 20, 2010, 02:06:31 AM
Does he go to these places by choice?  Because if not, it really seems like he pissed someone off at the network, and now they are trying to kill him by sending him to all these war-torn places. 

Nah, back before reporting was about your white smile and cute coif, this was how journalists earned their "stars"--going to battlezones and getting mortar fire in the background.

I do like Anderson Cooper.  I have to say he's way less bullshitty than his counterparts on NBC.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 09:20:52 PM
Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on January 19, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
As much as I hate talking heads, Cooper is an alright guy. I think he's the only broadcaster I've ever seen that wasn't a conceited dick.

This gained him a few points in my book.

Yeah. He's always right there when everything happens. He's not afraid and really works hard for his job.
Quote from: General Stuart on January 19, 2010, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: Suu on January 19, 2010, 06:57:06 PM
Still want to play hero, General Stuart?

Honestly, yes. It's a terrible thing that happened and if I could i would jump at a chance to help in a way other than just writing a check so that supplies can be loaded on to a plane and then bottlenecked.

I have my own theory on natural disasters and people being in the way of them. You know this.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: Suu on January 20, 2010, 04:02:24 AM
As much as I hate talking heads, Cooper is an alright guy. I think he's the only broadcaster I've ever seen that wasn't a conceited dick.

Yeah. He's always right there when everything happens. He's not afraid and really works hard for his job.

Honestly, yes. It's a terrible thing that happened and if I could i would jump at a chance to help in a way other than just writing a check so that supplies can be loaded on to a plane and then bottlenecked.

I have my own theory on natural disasters and people being in the way of them. You know this.

REMEMBER THOSE ASIAN KIDS IN TENENBAUM SQUARE THAT TRIED TO STOP THE TANK?!

Suu

Quote from: General Stuart on January 20, 2010, 05:04:17 AM
Quote from: Suu on January 20, 2010, 04:02:24 AM

REMEMBER THOSE ASIAN KIDS IN TENENBAUM SQUARE THAT TRIED TO STOP THE TANK?!

WASN'T THAT THE TENT OFFENSIVE?!

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Does he go to these places by choice?  Because if not, it really seems like he pissed someone off at the network, and now they are trying to kill him by sending him to all these war-torn places.  

Nope, Cooper is an actual journalist and an all-around nice guy AFAIK. He actually does a good chunk of his own work from what little I've seen. Most TV "journalists" have underlings do all the journalism (and sometimes they don't actually do this) and then they just show up read what has been written for them, then they leave.

Generally broadcast journalists seem to be a bunch of shitheads who don't really give a shit about news value or understand it, but not all of them are like this. I have known some that are really fucking awesome. I don't know Anderson Cooper personally but I've met him a couple of times (once while journalisming and once at some photo-op PR-type speaking event) and he seems like he's genuinely a decent person.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 01:44:33 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on January 19, 2010, 11:22:02 PM
still, writing a check does help somewhat, right?

- triple zero
for the first time in his life considering going to donate to charity because he wants to help, instead of social pressure. guess I'm growing up or something.
but there's still a cynic in me that says the money is basically lost, logistics will waste everything, does it even matter when my government is already sending money and help, is it even my place, or aren't these international aid organisations all just as corrupt as the next corporation?

Yes.  It helps.

Material is still important.  It's just that you have to remember that logistics trains are always fucked up even when you have months to plan them.  This was entirely predictable.

Good. I needed some affirmation on that point, thanks. Just gave them €35, which should buy them 10 water buckets according to the giro555 website :) [that's including distribution]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysnomia

OIC, well glad to know anyone isn't trying to off him at the network (well at least by sending him to places where he may die).  I like him.  :)
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

-Kel-

Quote from: Jenne on January 20, 2010, 03:53:07 AM
Does he go to these places by choice?  Because if not, it really seems like he pissed someone off at the network, and now they are trying to kill him by sending him to all these war-torn places. 

Nah, back before reporting was about your white smile and cute coif, this was how journalists earned their "stars"--going to battlezones and getting mortar fire in the background.

I do like Anderson Cooper.  I have to say he's way less bullshitty than his counterparts on NBC.

He moved to NBC? when did this happen?!??!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: -Kel- on January 20, 2010, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: Jenne on January 20, 2010, 03:53:07 AM

He moved to NBC? when did this happen?!??!

Um..."counterparts".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

-Kel-