News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Anderson Copper is all that is man

Started by -Kel-, January 19, 2010, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Kel-

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/18/anderson-in-the-midst-of-looting-chaos/?hpt=T2

QuoteI was in the midst of the melee with Charlie Moore, my producer, Neil Hallsworth my cameraman, Vlad Duthiers, my translator, and there was a still photographer from Getty Images with us, photojournalist Jonathan Torgovnik. As things got really out of control, I saw a looter on the roof of the store they'd broken into throw what I think was part of a concrete block into the crowd. It hit a small boy in the head.

I saw him collapse. More chunks of concrete were being thrown at the looters on the roof. The injured boy couldn't get up. He'd try and then collapse again. Blood was pouring from his head. He was conscious but had no control over his body. I was afraid someone on the roof would see him lying there and throw another cinder block piece onto him. I was afraid he'd get killed. No one seemed to be helping him.

I ran to where he was struggling, and picked him up off the ground. I brought him to a spot about a hundred feet away. I could feel his warm blood on my arms. I stood him up, but he was clearly unable to walk. He wiped his bloody face, and I tried to reassure him. He had no idea where he was, and he clearly couldn't walk, so I picked him up again and handed him over to someone behind that makeshift barricade. Tony, the American businessman, gave the boy a wet towel. He was then taken away by someone else. We don't know what happened to him.

Suu

Still want to play hero, General Stuart?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Xila31

I really hope that boy is okay. I'm so glad Anderson Cooper was there and obviously has enough heart and soul to be a hero to that kid.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

As much as I hate talking heads, Cooper is an alright guy. I think he's the only broadcaster I've ever seen that wasn't a conceited dick.

hooplala

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on January 19, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
As much as I hate talking heads, Cooper is an alright guy. I think he's the only broadcaster I've ever seen that wasn't a conceited dick.

Yup.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on January 19, 2010, 09:17:56 PM

This gained him a few points in my book.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

How Cain read this post, while skimming over the thread:

QuoteI ran to where he was struggling, and picked him up off the ground. I brought him to a spot about a hundred feet away. I could feel his warm blood on my anus.

Which totally changed the tone of this thread, let me tell you.

President Television

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2010, 09:22:27 PM
How Cain read this post, while skimming over the thread:

QuoteI ran to where he was struggling, and picked him up off the ground. I brought him to a spot about a hundred feet away. I could feel his warm blood on my anus.

Which totally changed the tone of this thread, let me tell you.

Damn you, Cain, I can't stop giggling now.  :argh!:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Quote from: Suu on January 19, 2010, 06:57:06 PM

Honestly, yes. It's a terrible thing that happened and if I could i would jump at a chance to help in a way other than just writing a check so that supplies can be loaded on to a plane and then bottlenecked.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: General Stuart on January 19, 2010, 10:20:11 PM
Quote from: Suu on January 19, 2010, 06:57:06 PM

Honestly, yes. It's a terrible thing that happened and if I could i would jump at a chance to help in a way other than just writing a check so that supplies can be loaded on to a plane and then bottlenecked.

That always happens.  Logistics are a stone bitch, unless you happen to be a talking head 2000 miles away.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

still, writing a check does help somewhat, right?

- triple zero
for the first time in his life considering going to donate to charity because he wants to help, instead of social pressure. guess I'm growing up or something.
but there's still a cynic in me that says the money is basically lost, logistics will waste everything, does it even matter when my government is already sending money and help, is it even my place, or aren't these international aid organisations all just as corrupt as the next corporation?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Xila31

If you do not have a check, I also saw Michelle Obama on a comercial last night giving out a text number for the Red Cross to automatically send $10. Although I am anti-texting, I am okay with it being used in this way.

Triple Zero

I'm in the Netherlands. I just gotta log onto my internet bank account thingy and transfer some euros to account number 555, which is the national aid collective cooperation of Oxfam Novib, Terre des Hommes, Dutch Red Cross, Unicef Netherlands and a bunch of other organisations.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 19, 2010, 11:22:02 PM
still, writing a check does help somewhat, right?

- triple zero
for the first time in his life considering going to donate to charity because he wants to help, instead of social pressure. guess I'm growing up or something.
but there's still a cynic in me that says the money is basically lost, logistics will waste everything, does it even matter when my government is already sending money and help, is it even my place, or aren't these international aid organisations all just as corrupt as the next corporation?

Yes.  It helps.

Material is still important.  It's just that you have to remember that logistics trains are always fucked up even when you have months to plan them.  This was entirely predictable.

Dysnomia

Does he go to these places by choice?  Because if not, it really seems like he pissed someone off at the network, and now they are trying to kill him by sending him to all these war-torn places. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif