News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Payne, There's Something in the Water.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 20, 2010, 06:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

:argh!:  Oh great.  I've been here 6 months and you've had at least three near-death experiences.  Chances are, you won't feel better till you're dead.

i told u i wuz hardcore

Dimocritus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 09:24:10 PM
Heard from my friend, and my worst fears are confirmed.

I'm heading out for a while.  Gonna go 4 wheeling in the mountains until I feel better.

PLEASE NO SPLATTER SELF, K?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 09:24:10 PM
Heard from my friend, and my worst fears are confirmed.

I'm heading out for a while.  Gonna go 4 wheeling in the mountains until I feel better.

You have my number.   I'll stick my phone to me like a leech/lover.  CALL.

Triple Zero

So, the general idea I'm getting from this thread is, "there is no bliss, except for ignorance" ?

I think we all need to god damn cheer the fuck up a little.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

What I take from this thread is the following pair of statements:

1)  "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?"

2) "Being human is hard work."

There ain't no rest for the blissful, folks.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on January 21, 2010, 01:00:53 PM
What I take from this thread is the following pair of statements:

1)  "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?"

2) "Being human is hard work."

There ain't no rest for the blissful, folks.

I dunno, I get the idea that a lot of us are pretty stone-set sure about their answer to question 1).
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Well, I'm pretty convinced, myself.

Which brings us to point 2).

Dysfunctional Cunt

For alll the craziness and backasswardness, they had it right in medevial times.  The tournaments, the land fights, hell maybe even the crusades, were serious ways to catch your breath.  That need to release all the pent up rage and hurt, there is nothing that satisfies that urge in this day and time, except for possibly professional fighters.  But back when, just about anyone could go kick ass and walk away breathing just fine and continue on with their lives.

That violence that so many will say "Oh that is so wrong." Was not just a result of our desire to conquer everything in sight, but a release of all the bullshit.  They didn't breathe better just because the air was still clean back then, they could breathe better because they didn't have a huge ball of bullshit stuck in their airway clogging them up.

I'm wondering these days if we have over civilized ourselves.  If we have put ourselves so high above the monkeys to distinguish ourselves from them, that we have not only made everything worse, but have bred a whole new stupid.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on January 21, 2010, 01:05:13 PM
Well, I'm pretty convinced, myself.

oh, it was a rhetorical question, I didn't catch that.

Which brings us to point 2).

Wouldn't that rather be "being happy is hard work"?

And what about our motto "things have the tendency to turn out allright" ?

LMNO

Well, some would argue that acting like a pre-programmed shit-throwing monkey isn't actually being "human".  But that's just definitions.

"Things generally will turn out OK" is a broad statement of physical existence, and a way of looking for and following positive outcomes.  It isn't necessarily a statement of behavior, or of emotional state.

At least for me, that is.

Jenne

The thread is a downer, but the OP writer was in a downer state when he wrote it.  I think the responses he got were commensurate to that general feeling.  Things do sometimes turn out for the best, and sometimes, you're just damned lucky to be alive.  Too much has happened to me and mine over the last decade for my outlook to be "La Vie en Rose" that it used to was...but then, I try very hard not to become the jaded cynic I think I'm turning out to be.

Holding strong opinions as I do has really weathered my viewpoints on a lot of things.  A lot of esoteric things, and a lot of issues that come home to roost daily.

It sucks.

But I'm alive, my kids are thriving, and my husband's still in remission.  We have a roof over our heads and clothes and food to keep us warm.

Perspective, I guess.  It's all in perspective.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Jenne on January 21, 2010, 04:46:31 PM
The thread is a downer, but the OP writer was in a downer state when he wrote it.  I think the responses he got were commensurate to that general feeling.  Things do sometimes turn out for the best, and sometimes, you're just damned lucky to be alive.  Too much has happened to me and mine over the last decade for my outlook to be "La Vie en Rose" that it used to was...but then, I try very hard not to become the jaded cynic I think I'm turning out to be.

Holding strong opinions as I do has really weathered my viewpoints on a lot of things.  A lot of esoteric things, and a lot of issues that come home to roost daily.

It sucks.

But I'm alive, my kids are thriving, and my husband's still in remission.  We have a roof over our heads and clothes and food to keep us warm.

Perspective, I guess.  It's all in perspective.

THIS!!!

You just have to make the best of what you have, change what you can and survive the rest. 

Maybe that is what it is, we are all on different levels of survival.