News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Masterchef: Cain style

Started by Cain, January 21, 2010, 05:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2010, 05:38:52 PM
I just burnt some boiled eggs.  Boiled eggs.  I dread to think what I would do with a microwave meal.

:x

also, FWIW, I've done this, and it is the 3rd worst smell I've ever created in a kitchen.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 22, 2010, 07:45:25 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2010, 05:38:52 PM
I just burnt some boiled eggs.  Boiled eggs.  I dread to think what I would do with a microwave meal.

:x

also, FWIW, I've done this, and it is the 3rd worst smell I've ever created in a kitchen.

You've shat twice in a kitchen?

East Coast Hustle

2nd worst was the time I burned mussels and the shells actually melted to the pan.

worst was the time I quit my job at McDonalds when I was 18 (I only worked there so I could sell weed from the drive-thru window). I took off my hat and shirt (both made of polyester), tossed them onto one of the clamshell grills that had just been loaded up with burger patties, and closed the lid (clamshell grill grills from both sides simultaneously). THAT was a fucking stinky mess.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 22, 2010, 08:13:27 PM
2nd worst was the time I burned mussels and the shells actually melted to the pan.

worst was the time I quit my job at McDonalds when I was 18 (I only worked there so I could sell weed from the drive-thru window). I took off my hat and shirt (both made of polyester), tossed them onto one of the clamshell grills that had just been loaded up with burger patties, and closed the lid (clamshell grill grills from both sides simultaneously). THAT was a fucking stinky mess.

:lulz:

I ran a manager's polyester parka through a pizza oven, back in the day.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The smell actually wasn't too bad. The sausages I have in the freezer actually smell worse when cooked, regardless of how well cooked they are.  Then again, given the quality of that meat, that probably doesn't mean much...

LMNO

Ah, are they CMOT Dibbler brand?

Cain

Essentially.  They're from Lidl.  I know this means nothing to an American, but anyone from Europe is right now recoiling in horror, let me assure you.

Payne

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2010, 08:33:28 PM
Essentially.  They're from Lidl.  I know this means nothing to an American, but anyone from Europe is right now recoiling in horror, let me assure you.

In fact I used to call all Lidl meat "Cut Me Own Throat Meat". There was a time when I survived off of Lidls food, I am not proud.

Triple Zero

you don't buy meat at Lidl and live.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.