News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Mythos

I posted about our "little guest" last week in the Open Bar Tread.

We think our little guest was a female House Sparrow, and my wife named her Bernie Birdie.

Here's a picture of Bernie Birdie, taken just before we released her to our backyard yesterday afternoon. She was flying around quite well inside our patio, so we fed her one last time, took her outside, and placed her on the lawn.

We thought she would hang around our backyard for a while, but she hopped around a little, then flew over to hide under a neighbor's deck. Then, after a few more minutes, she took off, flew all the way across the street, and disappeared into a high, thick privacy hedge.

In all, my wife took care of her for nine days.

Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

LMNO

So, you're saying that... Bernie won?

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Ari

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 27, 2017, 06:40:19 PM

We think our little guest was a female House Sparrow, and my wife named her Bernie Birdie.

Here's a picture of Bernie Birdie, taken just before we released her to our backyard yesterday afternoon. She was flying around quite well inside our patio, so we fed her one last time, took her outside, and placed her on the lawn.

We thought she would hang around our backyard for a while, but she hopped around a little, then flew over to hide under a neighbor's deck. Then, after a few more minutes, she took off, flew all the way across the street, and disappeared into a high, thick privacy hedge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpP0LiXVbEU

two years ago, i was stranded outside of kiel back in my home country.
around that time i got an old friend of mine to leave the clusterfuck that is our hometown: well the town is not the problem, it's quite pretty, but the people most certainly were... not conductive to further personal growth.

so she lived with me in this nice country side house for a few months, getting on track as i was. like a support group for misfits.

anyhow. some day she picked up a crow which had fallen out of the nest and tried to nurse it back up; ultimately she got overwhelmed (lots of poop in her room, no money for food, etc).
so we teamed up. obviously i fell in love with the bird, even though i simply tried to teach it simple survival skills where food doesn't get mushed and put into your throat and where bushes may shake during a storm. how could i not fall in love though, with everything that has happened(a different tale, long gone, so whatever)

this video is the last i saw of Edda after about six weeks of trying to teach her independence. that day i found her on the roof above my balcony, soaked by the night's rain, so i dried her in a towel as always, prepared breakfast while she sat on my shoulder as usual, fed her a bit, made her eat the rest alone, and finally ... watched her get ready to tackle the world like the crazed ball of fluffy inspiration that she was.

to this day, i miss the damn bird, but i know it was the best choice for all of us.
パンクビッチ

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Planeswalker on August 05, 2017, 01:04:06 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 27, 2017, 06:40:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpP0LiXVbEU

two years ago, i was stranded outside of kiel back in my home country.
around that time i got an old friend of mine to leave the clusterfuck that is our hometown: well the town is not the problem, it's quite pretty, but the people most certainly were... not conductive to further personal growth.

so she lived with me in this nice country side house for a few months, getting on track as i was. like a support group for misfits.

anyhow. some day she picked up a crow which had fallen out of the nest and tried to nurse it back up; ultimately she got overwhelmed (lots of poop in her room, no money for food, etc).
so we teamed up. obviously i fell in love with the bird, even though i simply tried to teach it simple survival skills where food doesn't get mushed and put into your throat and where bushes may shake during a storm. how could i not fall in love though, with everything that has happened(a different tale, long gone, so whatever)

this video is the last i saw of Edda after about six weeks of trying to teach her independence. that day i found her on the roof above my balcony, soaked by the night's rain, so i dried her in a towel as always, prepared breakfast while she sat on my shoulder as usual, fed her a bit, made her eat the rest alone, and finally ... watched her get ready to tackle the world like the crazed ball of fluffy inspiration that she was.

to this day, i miss the damn bird, but i know it was the best choice for all of us.

Nice!

Crows are quite intelligent and have relatively long lifespans. I remember my parents occasionally taking me to visit some nearby friends who had formed an "extended family" of sorts with a mating pair of crows. The crows were free to come and go, but always hung around their house. And, one of them could actually mimic human speech like a parrot.

And, my wife saw our little Bernie Birdie a couple of days ago, and she's doing quite well for herself. (My wife is sure it was Bernie, because she responded to the little call my wife used to give before she fed her. None of the other birds in the neighborhood pay any attention to that call.)
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cramulus

Cramulus and Hoopla hang out in NYC

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on August 26, 2017, 02:37:32 AM

Oh, that's bad news.  Didn't even have Nurse Rhyzome to keep you under control.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Munkustrap gives no fucks about your opinion.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2017, 04:04:02 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on August 26, 2017, 02:37:32 AM

Oh, that's bad news.  Didn't even have Nurse Rhyzome to keep you under control.

Look at those smiles...

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Me, Cainad, and Triple Zero (and some others) hanging out in Amsterdam

My new armor:

LMNO

TripZip is a sexy mofo.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 02, 2018, 08:47:59 PM
Me, Cainad, and Triple Zero (and some others) hanging out in Amsterdam

My new armor:

Why have we not seen Tripzip in years?
Molon Lube

LMNO

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube