News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexi

Quote from: altered on March 15, 2022, 01:14:38 PM
More like it's working on me, but yeah.

I'm worse than I've ever been these days, and "worse than I've ever been" when housed and with enough money to eat and smoke cigarettes by my standards is fucking abysmal.

Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that. You still have basic needs not met though? Feel free to send me a message.

Quote from: altered on March 15, 2022, 01:14:38 PM
So ... the photo series. The only outlet I have that is ... safe, for some values of safe.

Then thank you so much for sharing.

I don't expect the parts which are hurting to start healing until they feel they are understood and accepted.

altered

I'm fine for now. I think I've burned a lot of bridges and lost most of my friends for good because I'm not whole and healthy right now, but I'm alive. I don't "need" anything, not really anyway.

I have passing desires, but they're expensive and pointless. They'd be nothing more than a golden bandaid over a festering gut wound. I'm fine. I appreciate it though.

As for sharing, well. I don't feel any special attachment to them. I just thought those two showed my face well in unusual lighting and angles. The others either don't show my face at all or aren't stuff to share with just anyone, for that person's sake more than my own. One, the new part 6, is both.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

lexi

Quote from: altered on March 17, 2022, 01:10:17 AM
I'm fine for now. I think I've burned a lot of bridges and lost most of my friends for good because I'm not whole and healthy right now,
Relatable feels. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not, and I have been pleasantly undeservedly surprised in the past, but carrying the "maybe" over time gets heavy.

Quote from: altered on March 17, 2022, 01:10:17 AMbut I'm alive.

Yay!

I don't "need" anything, not really anyway.

I have passing desires, but they're expensive and pointless. They'd be nothing more than a golden bandaid over a festering gut wound. I'm fine. I appreciate it though.

Gotcha.

As for sharing, well. I don't feel any special attachment to them. I just thought those two showed my face well in unusual lighting and angles. The others either don't show my face at all or aren't stuff to share with just anyone, for that person's sake more than my own. One, the new part 6, is both.

Now i'm curious, but I don't have anything similar yet to offer in return.

Thanks for reminding me that the purpose of this thread is to show my face :)

Taken after surviving 6 months of construction and the fires caused by and as contractors
ripped off my landlord installing ridiculously over the top levels of fire-safety lights and alarms in this
unstable tinderbox of prime downtown Hamilton real estate

lexi

i thought this would be a funny way to reclaim that old transphobic trap slur.
but when i posted it to facebook last year, all i got were care reacts :evilmad:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: purpleXi on March 17, 2022, 09:34:11 PM

Taken after surviving 6 months of construction and the fires caused by and as contractors
ripped off my landlord installing ridiculously over the top levels of fire-safety lights and alarms in this
unstable tinderbox of prime downtown Hamilton real estate

I lived in Hamilton for 3 years, and I can say with authority that there is no prime real estate anywhere near the city.
Molon Lube

lexi

I wish my landlord of the last year had that confidence, instead of the confidence to say she'd double the rent in order to add me to the lease officially.

also - the view out my front door every time it rains  :lulz:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tLCypi9uEHZ2JSTs8

lexi

this mornings whim which i posted about then promptly forgot and kept wondering why i kept getting weird looks

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: lexi on March 24, 2022, 12:20:53 PM
i thought this would be a funny way to reclaim that old transphobic trap slur.
but when i posted it to facebook last year, all i got were care reacts :evilmad:

Quote from: lexi on March 27, 2022, 02:16:03 AM
this mornings whim which i posted about then promptly forgot and kept wondering why i kept getting weird looks

Weird looks beat care reacts.
Really, those things should be reserved for dead pets and the like.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

lexi

care reacts seem to exist for when you don't "love" that someone is going through something, but you don't care enough/are unable to support beyond acknowledgement. i suppose it fills the "thoughts and prayers" gap for those who would never say those words directly?

i'm used to weird looks whenever i'm just walking down the street wearing whatever i want, but that day i was fully winterised - feeling warm, protected and anonymous - as soon as i put my glasses on, i forget they are there for the most part.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: lexi on April 12, 2022, 01:43:50 PM
care reacts seem to exist for when you don't "love" that someone is going through something, but you don't care enough/are unable to support beyond acknowledgement. i suppose it fills the "thoughts and prayers" gap for those who would never say those words directly?

That sounds about right.
"I'm sorry about your devastating event but I'm 2500 miles away, I don't have any spare money and I don't feel like talking about this."

Quotei'm used to weird looks whenever i'm just walking down the street wearing whatever i want, but that day i was fully winterised - feeling warm, protected and anonymous - as soon as i put my glasses on, i forget they are there for the most part.

People gotta see. Call it je ne sais quoi and tell 'em to pound sand.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

altered

Well I have another bomb ass pair of photos of me
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EK WAFFLR on May 24, 2022, 10:12:48 PM
Alright then.

And then waffle was the new, improved Lemmy.

Molon Lube

altered

I have gotten both Fat and Hot As Fuck, and I drive all the transbians and lesboys wild now. Also, I have the coolest pendant ever (because I'm a huge edgy nerd and I love Quake 1).