News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Growing my beard back, I went through that really recently.  It stops itching, you know.

Although I'm not sure you'd really look quite right with a beard... :lol:

NotPublished

Damn facial hair :(

I know I don't, was kind of curious.
My friends started calling me Arab :lulz:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Triple Zero

Damnit you look good :) Not the facial hair, in general.

I usually have that same amount of facial hair as in your pic. I hate shaving to smooth, it makes my skin all red and pimply. So instead I use a hair trimmer at the shortest length to shave, which is about 1mm (1/25th inch), which is great because you don't really see the difference if I skip a day or two in shaving :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

NotPublished

Aw, oh you  :oops:

Yeah exactly! Shaving makes me pimply and I have to do it often since of my Ethnicness I grow facial hair at an expodential rate; but I tried putting Oozo on my face after I shaved.. no pimples :) I think I found a cure! (And call me a Masochist but I enjoyed the pain it gave me)

Been meaning to try a hair trimmer, that thing seems wonderous... Does it still cut however?  (I mean like make you bleed like the damn razor; 1mm is pretty close) :lol:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Triple Zero

That's just the shortest it goes. I only sometimes get a tiny cut on the neck below the chin. Cause it's weird concave shapes there. Otherwise it can't really cut skin, unless you try real hard.

And of course you need a trimmer if you want to grow sideburn. (at 12-16mm or so)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: NotPubli on April 09, 2010, 12:33:14 PM

Yeah exactly! Shaving makes me pimply and I have to do it often since of my Ethnicness I grow facial hair at an expodential rate; but I tried putting Oozo on my face after I shaved.. no pimples :) I think I found a cure! (And call me a Masochist but I enjoyed the pain it gave me)

Been meaning to try a hair trimmer, that thing seems wonderous... Does it still cut however?  (I mean like make you bleed like the damn razor; 1mm is pretty close) :lol:

exfoliate for getting spots under control. But if aniseed greek booze works...

East Coast Hustle

Ouzo has existed in one form or another for thousands of years.

I'm glad someone finally found a good use for it.

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on April 09, 2010, 09:06:57 PM
Quote from: NotPubli on April 09, 2010, 12:33:14 PM

exfoliate for getting spots under control. But if aniseed greek booze works...

Nooo.  If you have dry skin exfoliating just makes things a thousand times worse!
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Every time I use a regular razor I get zits. If I use an electric razor I'm fine. I've heard that oldschool safety razors and shaving soap also work well for your complexion.

Richter

Before I grew the beard I'd break out from daily shaving.  Since the beard gives me 1-2 days before I look unkempt, I take advantage and avoid the irritation.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Doktor Howl

I have a pith helmet.  A FUCKING PITH HELMET!

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

HARUMPH for Pith Helmets! INJUH! The jewel in the crown!

I say, quite.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on April 11, 2010, 01:50:51 AM
Every time I use a regular razor I get zits. If I use an electric razor I'm fine. I've heard that oldschool safety razors and shaving soap also work well for your complexion.

Hmm I might try the latter one day, then.

My experience with electric razors is that they don't actually really seem to shave anything. I mean, they seem unable to get the skin perfectly smooth like wet shaving, but if the hairs are too long it will get stuck or block and is annoying as well as hurts a bit. So the end result is usually something that is noticeably shorter and at places smoother than what I get with the trimmer, but it's also uneven, since some places will go nearly smooth when you try hard, but other parts will keep tiny hair stumps no matter what. So, I prefer the "everywhere 1mm" result of the trimmer to that.