News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I still want to get you in an Obi-Wan costume.  :oops:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Suu on April 28, 2010, 04:29:25 PM
I still want to get you in an Obi-Wan costume.  :oops:

If you make it, i will wear!  :D
(beard season starts in Sept/Oct, though)

hooplala

Me, at a wedding, this past Saturday night.... I really need to get on that diet you posted Dok.

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Lookin' dapper, Hoops!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Iptuous on April 28, 2010, 12:34:46 AM
i was thinking he was going to say the Ben Gesserit

also, thx Nigel/Badge/NP.  If only i were all muscley...  (i've begun to work on that for the first time in my life lately.  my goal is to make my wife swoon daily.  :) but i can't even do a single freaking pull up yet.  :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it wouldn't fit the look.
Besides, nothin wrong with a slim dude.
Meatheads are over rated IMO

Lookin good Hoops :) I still think your frames are pretty swote.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on April 28, 2010, 06:28:13 PM
Me, at a wedding, this past Saturday night.... I really need to get on that diet you posted Dok.

There's no point waiting.  Pick a day in the next 5 days, and begin.

Or you can wait til you go to the cardiac ward, like I did.  The first way doesn't hurt as much.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on April 28, 2010, 06:43:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it wouldn't fit the look.
Besides, nothin wrong with a slim dude.
Meatheads are over rated IMO

I'm talkin' Spiderman, not Hulk...
i couldn't really get big if'n i wanted to.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I jumped back on the hardcore diet/workout wagon because when I do the half-assed version I lose interest/forget/cheat and then I just end up maintaining, and I have ten more pounds to lose that I want to be rid of by summer.

So, 1217 calories/day, unless I work out like a motherfucker. So I'm riding my bike everywhere just so I can have a drink on my birthday. :x
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 06:57:43 PM
I jumped back on the hardcore diet/workout wagon because when I do the half-assed version I lose interest/forget/cheat and then I just end up maintaining, and I have ten more pounds to lose that I want to be rid of by summer.

So, 1217 calories/day, unless I work out like a motherfucker. So I'm riding my bike everywhere just so I can have a drink on my birthday. :x

1512, here.   :horrormirth:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2010, 07:02:06 PM

Jesus, how can your base calorie requirement be so close to mine? You must be twice my size! You must be aiming for more than 2 lbs/week. I should be eating over 2100 calories/day to maintain. I am pretty active though.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 07:29:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2010, 07:02:06 PM

Jesus, how can your base calorie requirement be so close to mine? You must be twice my size! You must be aiming for more than 2 lbs/week. I should be eating over 2100 calories/day to maintain. I am pretty active though.

I'm going 4 pounds a week.  I plugged in "low/moderate exercise" (desk job) and "maintain weight", then subtract 500 calories from the result, and go to the gym 6 days a week (4 days treadmill, 2 days weights).

It's working.  I'm wearing size 34 jeans now, having been at a tight size 42 at the worst of my laziness.

Currently 6', 235LBs, aiming for 6' 240 LBS.  Fat goes first, replace muscle later.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

damn!
good job, man!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on April 28, 2010, 07:33:58 PM
damn!
good job, man!

Thanks.

In my first podcasts, I was 268.  A bad 268.  My face was literally a third larger than it is now.

What's funny is that I was in great shape until about 2006.  It only took 3 years to go from cut to complete lard.  It's taken a year of self-torture to lose 35 pounds of blubber.  I have about 15 more to go, then it's time to start adding mass back.
Molon Lube