News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK, I see. I did "moderate activity" (code for "can't sit still") and "lose 2 lbs/week". That gives me a number that's roughly 900 calories below my break-even, which seems MOTHERFUCKING UNFAIR IF YOU ASK ME. :crankey:

I'm 140 according to my scale, which is actually broken and I have no idea what I weigh. But my pants are loose, so I must be heading in the right direction. I don't want to get below 130, or it's just... bad. When my stomach looks like a shar-pei's forehead I'll know it's time to stop. Thanks, motherhood! :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 07:43:04 PM
OK, I see. I did "moderate activity" (code for "can't sit still") and "lose 2 lbs/week". That gives me a number that's roughly 900 calories below my break-even, which seems MOTHERFUCKING UNFAIR IF YOU ASK ME. :crankey:

I'm 140 according to my scale, which is actually broken and I have no idea what I weigh. But my pants are loose, so I must be heading in the right direction. I don't want to get below 130, or it's just... bad. When my stomach looks like a shar-pei's forehead I'll know it's time to stop. Thanks, motherhood! :lol:

Loads of exercise WHILE losing weight will eliminate the loose skin thing, which is a very real concern for me.

Also, waist size is more relevant than weight.
Molon Lube

Jasper

You're down to a 34, Dok?  That's about what I am, and people call me skinny. 

Of course, my genetics dictate that my muscles don't get big unless working out is my life.  Fuck nature.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2010, 07:48:25 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 07:43:04 PM

Loads of exercise WHILE losing weight will eliminate the loose skin thing, which is a very real concern for me.

Also, waist size is more relevant than weight.

No amount of exercise will eliminate this loose-skin thing, as it is the result of having had three kids. t's no worry; I accepted after my first kid that the skin on my lower belly will just always be a wreckage of stretch marks. My mom's always been skinny and she has the same thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm muscular and will always be muscular. The underlying muscles in my belly are hard as fuck. 130 is the weight I should be at while packing this much muscle.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 28, 2010, 08:29:36 PM

Of course, my genetics dictate that my muscles don't get big unless working out is my life.  Fuck nature.

Problem is, for guys, the fat tends to stack in the gut and upper torso.  Waistline is a nice indicator, but there's plenty of other things to worry about.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 08:35:07 PM
No amount of exercise will eliminate this loose-skin thing, as it is the result of having had three kids. t's no worry; I accepted after my first kid that the skin on my lower belly will just always be a wreckage of stretch marks. My mom's always been skinny and she has the same thing.

honestly, i think women consider stretchmarks to be a significantly higher demerit than men do....
wife always complains about hers, but i don't even really notice unless she's pointing them out.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on April 28, 2010, 08:46:34 PM
honestly, i think women consider stretchmarks to be a significantly higher demerit than men do....

This.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It really doesn't bother me, I just use it as a barometer of when I'm at the right weight. When I hit my ideal weight, my belly looks like a topographical map of the Missoula Floodplain.

Jasper

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2010, 08:39:25 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on April 28, 2010, 08:29:36 PM

Problem is, for guys, the fat tends to stack in the gut and upper torso.  Waistline is a nice indicator, but there's plenty of other things to worry about.

Definitely.  If I lost my belly alone I might be down 6 pounds.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2010, 08:47:00 PM

This.

Yes.

Also women seem to think a completely flat stomach is desirable... I like a little something.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm 3rd stage hypertensive and I need to lose weight so as not to die. Even though my curves are nice.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Hoopla on April 28, 2010, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 28, 2010, 08:47:00 PM

This.

Yes.

Also women seem to think a completely flat stomach is desirable... I like a little something.

I like a girl with a flat stomach, but I don't mind a girl with curves either. I think it depends a lot on body type.

Sir Squid Diddimus

When I'm not bloated with beer or "girly cycle" fat/water/bloat/uncomfortableness I have a pretty cut belly. But I only had one kid.
What kills it is those damned stretch marks.
Mr Squid can say he doesn't notice till he's blue in the face but I know it's bullshit. They're a different color, and texture and I think they're fucking gross I hate em and there's nothing I can do.
Piss.

PISSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on April 29, 2010, 04:27:20 AM
Mr Squid can say he doesn't notice till he's blue in the face but I know it's bullshit.

i'd be willing to put money on it that he doesn't care about them at all....