News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Spagbook

Started by Cramulus, January 22, 2010, 02:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 04:32:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80AYAiA30WE

Bad quality. Lol cellphones.

Not too shabby, actually.

I also heard that nasty rumor about German swords. 
Molon Lube

Suu

You support the blade with your off-hand. It's from the Talhoffer manual from the late 1400s. It's also called Italian longsword.

A lot of the older folks in the Society do NOT take kindly to us following the manuals. Why? Because they learned to fight with foil and epee back in the 80s and 90s, but the rules changed and now we fight with the real deal. They don't like getting hit, and they don't like losing to a bunch of punk kids who are reading the very books that were written to teach how to kill.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 04:43:51 AM
You support the blade with your off-hand. It's from the Talhoffer manual from the late 1400s. It's also called Italian longsword.

A lot of the older folks in the Society do NOT take kindly to us following the manuals. Why? Because they learned to fight with foil and epee back in the 80s and 90s, but the rules changed and now we fight with the real deal. They don't like getting hit, and they don't like losing to a bunch of punk kids who are reading the very books that were written to teach how to kill.

Well, that's good.  The SCA back in the 80s was nothing but a bunch of fat guys endlessly quoting Monty Python, anyway.
Molon Lube

Suu

We still have those, but we just kill them as they tell us that we'll never amount to anything.

-Suu
12 years running, still no Award of Arms. She should be a fucking Laurel by now.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 04:49:46 AM
We still have those, but we just kill them as they tell us that we'll never amount to anything.

-Suu
12 years running, still no Award of Arms. She should be a fucking Laurel by now.

FIGHT THE POWER!

Can't you put ground glass in their venison or some shit?  It worked in Italy.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 03, 2010, 04:50:26 AM
Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 04:49:46 AM

-Suu

FIGHT THE POWER!

Can't you put ground glass in their venison or some shit?  It worked in Italy.

So did arsenic, but the Borgias didn't go to jail when they controlled them. I don't have that luxury when it's a game of make believe. :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Suu, yer pretty.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 03, 2010, 04:14:53 AM
Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 04:13:47 AM
I think he was squinting from the sun...or wincing after a bad pun was made, because there were a lot of those all day.

Okay, but that really looks like cactus face.

I mean, the variety of cactus face that doesn't involve barfing over the rail or trying to hide under the bed.

Spending a day running around heavily armed, socializing, feasting/drinking, and living up to the nickname "The Bastard", makes me insanely happy.  Suu, Leln, GS and Co. shouting "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" before filming again only kicked it up a notch.

The lady marshalling the fight nearly called paramedics when I hammed up getting killed.  She's not quite comfortable with our kind of fun.  (She'd also instructed us to make a better show for the crod, FFS.)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: Richter on May 03, 2010, 01:02:06 PM
I think he was squinting from the sun...or wincing after a bad pun was made, because there were a lot of those all day.

I mean, the variety of cactus face that doesn't involve barfing over the rail or trying to hide under the bed.

Spending a day running around heavily armed, socializing, feasting/drinking, and living up to the nickname "The Bastard", makes me insanely happy.  Suu, Leln, GS and Co. shouting "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" before filming again only kicked it up a notch.

The lady marshalling the fight nearly called paramedics when I hammed up getting killed.  She's not quite comfortable with our kind of fun.  (She'd also instructed us to make a better show for the crod, FFS.)

She's not quite comfortable with our academy either. That was your first experience with...THOSE kind of fencers, wasn't it?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

This leln person looks attractive. Does she come here?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Richter

Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 01:45:56 PM
Quote from: Richter on May 03, 2010, 01:02:06 PM

She's not quite comfortable with our academy either. That was your first experience with...THOSE kind of fencers, wasn't it?

I've played with them a bit before. 
Some were OK, if formal.  Some I wondered if they were having any FUN with it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

...That would be Richter's sister, and she will rip you to shreds.

And yes, she's a lurker here.

leln

Quote from: Suu on May 03, 2010, 02:45:27 PM
...That would be Richter's sister, and she will rip you to shreds.

And yes, she's a lurker here.

Aww, you're as bad as Richter. I keep telling you people, I punched that furry by accident.

(it's true, but no one believes me)

Quote from: E. A. Waterhaus II on May 03, 2010, 02:12:14 PM
This leln person looks attractive. Does she come here?

Yes, I lurk, there tends to be a six month interval between each of my posts. But thanks for the compliment, it's unusual for me to be ranked among the pretty Discordians.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Jasper

Save it for the jury.  :lulz: