News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

It's your last wish.

Started by minuspace, August 23, 2018, 03:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2018, 05:19:39 PM
Especially if I asked for infinite wishes.  You'll have to reboot the genie.

Incidentally, this (along with removing the summoning cap) was how I managed to solo Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal as a Sorceror.  Project Image > Wish > repeat a half billion times until you get the "you are fully rested and recover all your spells" option.  Summon half a billion Mordenkainen's Swords to fight everything for me. Rinse, wash, repeat.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

Incidentally, this (along with removing the summoning cap) was how I managed to solo Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal as a Sorceror.  Project Image > Wish > repeat a half billion times until you get the "you are fully rested and recover all your spells" option.  Summon half a billion Mordenkainen's Swords to fight everything for me. Rinse, wash, repeat.
Mmm, porridge.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Ziegejunge on August 23, 2018, 04:21:47 PM
My indecisive ass would probably hold onto it for later, maybe even indefinitely.

And you want three wishes
One to fly the heavens, one to swim like fishes
And then one you're saving for a rainy day
If your lover ever takes her love away
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

minuspace

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 25, 2018, 02:38:30 PM
Quote from: Ziegejunge on August 23, 2018, 04:21:47 PM
My indecisive ass would probably hold onto it for later, maybe even indefinitely.

And you want three wishes
One to fly the heavens, one to swim like fishes
And then one you're saving for a rainy day
If your lover ever takes her love away

:love:

minuspace

Quote from: LuciferX on August 24, 2018, 09:40:50 AM

Mmm, porridge.
I mean, that does sound just and right, even though I don't understand the references to all those proper names. I tries to avoid the "gamification" of the experience, but it seems to be re-skinning itself like that, so.

During this last beta-test, before I could catch a star, level-up, and log-in, it MADE me trim my avatar's hair. Now that I have the credentials, how long do you think I should let the player rest before going back to the terminal? One of the biases I'm operating under is that if it's that fun, then there is a significant probability of it negatively impacting my player's recovery/health-points.

-LX

Keeper of the Bespecled Silver Fox
(total noob)

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: LuciferX on August 27, 2018, 03:29:10 AM
Quote from: LuciferX on August 24, 2018, 09:40:50 AM

Mmm, porridge.
I mean, that does sound just and right, even though I don't understand the references to all those proper names. I tries to avoid the "gamification" of the experience, but it seems to be re-skinning itself like that, so.

During this last beta-test, before I could catch a star, level-up, and log-in, it MADE me trim my avatar's hair. Now that I have the credentials, how long do you think I should let the player rest before going back to the terminal? One of the biases I'm operating under is that if it's that fun, then there is a significant probability of it negatively impacting my player's recovery/health-points.

-LX

Keeper of the Bespecled Silver Fox
(total noob)

Unfortunately, the game itself gives you a randomly generated "list" of wishes each time you cast the spell, the quality of which is determined by your Wisdom stat.  Even with Wisdom 18, it seems like there is only a 20% chance of getting that option on any given cast.  In actual D&D I could just make the wish once and assuming the DM wasn't being completely obstinate, get all my spells back.

And then I could use all my Projected Images to make a clone army to do all my fighting for me.