News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

A New Art, In and of Itself: The Horrible Review

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 23, 2010, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on January 26, 2010, 05:59:59 AM
THE UNICORN IS ACTUALLY NAMED AMBIEN?!?!?!

I used to know that guy.  He drove me to work every morning.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 31, 2010, 06:17:12 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 27, 2010, 04:29:27 PM
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 27, 2010, 07:26:43 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2010, 05:09:49 PM
Quote from: Suu on January 26, 2010, 05:59:59 AM
THE UNICORN IS ACTUALLY NAMED AMBIEN?!?!?!

I used to know that guy.  He drove me to work every morning.

Was he an insomniac?

No, I am.

I imagine the book isn't helping.

You know whats odd, I was really tired, and while I waited for Monkey to fall asleep I read Twilight. Now I don't thnk I could fall asleep for hours...

There is something to what you said.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK, drive-by post here (I was just outside adjusting my propane and had to check in on the Delgotha reviews), it looks like, A: the bastard got a bunch of his hilariously semi-literate friends to review the book, and B: some other people have caught on and are leaving it satirical five-star reviews.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/delgotha-book-i-the-kings-of-war/4819573#reviewSection

:lulz:

I absolutely agree that this is the second-worst book ever written. It's so bad that I am considering buying a copy, for posterity. It's AMAZING. It's the three-wolf-moon T-shirt of the literary world. EVERYONE should know about this book.

I dare you to get to page 31. Seriously, I dare you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
They banned my account on Lulu.com. I'm laughing so hard right now. They didn't IP ban though.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: v=1/3πr²h on February 03, 2010, 12:35:03 AM
OK, drive-by post here (I was just outside adjusting my propane and had to check in on the Delgotha reviews), it looks like, A: the bastard got a bunch of his hilariously semi-literate friends to review the book, and B: some other people have caught on and are leaving it satirical five-star reviews.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/delgotha-book-i-the-kings-of-war/4819573#reviewSection

:lulz:

I absolutely agree that this is the second-worst book ever written. It's so bad that I am considering buying a copy, for posterity. It's AMAZING. It's the three-wolf-moon T-shirt of the literary world. EVERYONE should know about this book.

I dare you to get to page 31. Seriously, I dare you.
All by Americans :( can't read from euroland.
xpost please.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

Personally, it took me years to learn how to properly congregate a sentence. 

I mean, they never want to be in the same place at the same time, you know?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is mine:
QuoteI really don't know where to begin. This book injured my sensibilities to the extent that it actually caused physical pain. From the stilted descriptions to the clumsy conjunctions to an overabundance of adjectives that would make Tom Robbins recoil, the author's writing skills are such that they make Dan Brown look like the Samuel Clemens of suspense by comparison. Here, my friends, is a passage from the beginning of the book, and I am not even making this up:

"On his dead sickly pale looking horse, with parts of insides and a skeleton face showing, rides lord Graven who firmly grasps the old black leather straps that have been sewn into the flaps of flesh that over time have peeled back and has been exposed to the elements of speed and the rushing of wind."

This is only the beginning. It gets worse from there... much, much worse. The staggering overuse of passive voice alone would make even a New York Times editor seize up. I am praying, right now, that the author is twelve. This would be sheer genius, coming from a twelve year old who has not yet had the opportunity to learn the most fundamental elements of creative writing. I am also praying that this twelve-year-old goes on to take some college English courses and maybe a writing class or two.

Although the premise of the book was - maybe - kind of promising, I must confess that the wretched prose so bruised my literary aesthetic that I was unable to finish it. I have no doubt that at some point I will, if only for the humor potential. This brings me to why I gave it two stars. Do you remember "My Immortal"? Widely deemed the worst fanfiction, and possibly the worst novel of any kind ever written? Well, for the sheer painful amusement this book has brought me, I had to give it something, as it will live on in my memory forever alongside My Immortal.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I suggest we crosspost this horrible thing everywhere possible and see if we an make it go viral. Mr. Delzer has clearly earned some amount of fame.

The Good Reverend Roger

Pariah

QuoteBy Darrin Delzer
My Reply:
I do agree that the names of some of the characters are a bit complicated, they weren't meant to be, however I don't think it calls for attacking my character as a person.
I ask that you keep the reviews about the book, honestly about the book and not how I was born wrong, or whatever.
Be professional, be respectful, and above all leave the bad language to the unwritten page of the imagination.

Thank You For Your Time.

:cry:
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!