News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

A New Art, In and of Itself: The Horrible Review

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 23, 2010, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pariah

I hate when I make retarded mistakes when I write something quickly and am too lazy to proofread e.g. starting two sentences in a row with "However,"
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

President Television

Quote from: Pariah? on January 25, 2010, 11:37:30 PM
QuoteWhat first drew me to this book was the cover art, which instantly provokes deep questions. What is the meaning of life? What are those swirlies for? Is that a rune, some ancient archaic symbol, possibly the "Delgotha" of the title. The title is even more mysterious. "The Kings of War"
The
Kings

. . .

of War?
War is no geographical region I have ever heard of. However my knowledge of Medieval Political Maps is quite limited. However the book mantains this initial sense of mystery throughout. This is probably due to the deep well rounded characters Delzer can craft such as "UNDEAD GOLDEN SKELETON CHAMPION SYQUART" or the lovable War Unicorn Ambien™. But this book is much more than a fantasy epic. It is a philosophical treatise worthy of placement next to Nietzsche's  "Beyond Good and Evil" or Gray's "Fun with Dick and Jane." One quote which is provided for you in the foreword really strikes true. So true that I made a poster of it and had it printed at Kinko's. "Inside there is a dragon in all of us, but not all dragons are good, and it shows through their actions and words. So be watchful and listen well. Knowing this will keep you from suffering much heartache." Now that's something to live by.

For added effect, why not actually make that quote into a poster and provide a link to the image file in the review?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Pariah

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

LMNO

Pariah

Quote from: Pariah? on January 26, 2010, 02:46:27 PM
Well, Amyban, but close enough.

Still an unnecessarily strange name. Like he's trying to hard to make it unique.

Cain

I bet one of the characters has eyes with an unusual colour, too.  Purple is usually a favourite.

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2010, 02:54:04 PM
I bet one of the characters has eyes with an unusual colour, too.  Purple is usually a favourite.

Or silver  :lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2010, 02:54:04 PM

Indeed.

Suu

My eyes are such a pale blue, I could probably rock purple contacts to their fullest extent, otherwise, any natural color just looks unnatural anyway.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Chief Uwachiquen

As an aside based on the context of eye color: There was a stocker I worked with a year or so ago that had turquoise contacts he would wear that actually looked kind of cool.

I'm not sure if I can bring myself to read this thing. It sounds so god awful I may have to gouge my eyes out with my broaches; provided I had any. Ugh.

The Good Reverend Roger

I knew a girl that actually had purple-ish eyes.  For real.

It was crazy sexy. 

TGRR,
Unfortunately only met her once.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.