News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Some kind of fried chicken with terriyaki orange sauce

Started by Freeky, January 25, 2010, 03:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Didn't take pictures until I was sitting down at the puter, by which time it is a finished dish. Oh well.

You will need:

Chicken thighs, skinned and boned. The amount should be enough to feed four people.
Four packs of Roast Chicken Ramen.
Oil (for frying)
Flour (lots)
Spices
Milk
2 to 3 oranges, for garnish

Also for sauce,

Orange juice (the no pulp kind works best)
Terriyaki juice (not the sauce that is a marinade by itself)
Honey
Soy Sauce

Step 1. in a medium size sauce pan, add about 2 cups of orange juice, 3 TBSP terriyaki, 2 TBSP soy sauce, and 1 TBSP honey (more if you like). Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and reduce heat to medium low. Reduce until it is a bit syruppy.

Step 2. Skin and debone your chicken thighs (if it is necessary). Cut up into chunks.

Step 3. Take about 3 cups of flour, and season well with your favorites. I used ground thyme, seasoned meat tenderizer, ground ginger, and black pepper. Add milk to flour until mixture is slightly runny, about a cup and a half(?).

Step 4. Heat oil to 350 - 400 degrees.

Step 5. Begin boiling a large pot of water, for the ramen.

Step 6. Coat chicken chunks well in flour batter. When putting chunks into the oil, be careful, that shit burns if it splashes you.

Step 8. If  you remembered to put the ramen blocks in the boiling water, and they've finished cooking, drain. add packets of seasoning that came with the ramen.

Step 9. Serve chicken over Ramen. Add orange slices for garnish.

7. Oh shit! did you remember the sauce? Better turn it off. Coat cooked chicken pieces lightly in yummy sauce.

Step 10. Consume with relish!

Jenne

Hm, I think I'd like to  try this but without the ramen and instead calrose rice (my husband's more of a rice than a noodle fan).

Freeky

I tried it with rice before, I much prefer the ramen with it. But let me know how you like it.

Rumckle

Sounds pretty good, though I am also a rice fan.
Perhaps, also adding some carrot to it might be nice?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Freeky

I think I originally meant to, the first time I made this, but preparing the chicken and making sure the noodles and sauce were cooked kind of made me forget about them.