News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

Any Atlanta Discordians here?

Started by Lord Quantum, January 27, 2010, 03:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Quantum

So yeah, a friend and I are going to start a cabal and I was wondering if anyone else here is also in Atlanta.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Shibboleet The Annihilator

hooplala

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on February 04, 2010, 02:47:23 PM
Start what?

Atlanta, obviously.

Yeah, get it started soon, I want to check out those 1996 Olympics!  I hear OJ Simpson bombs a building...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Lord Quantum

We're planning on starting a cabal. Or a Calvinball team. Or a band. Or an interfaith committee with a local Satanist priest we ran into at school. Whatever we get around to first.
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Jasper

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Lord Quantum

I'm not sure if you can have posses this far east. I'd always be wonderin' where the sheriff is. As for the gang thing, meh. We've got too many of those in this area. Including the epic thugs who "rep" bus numbers.

Jasper

Not that I'm near Atlanta or have any Atlantean contacts, but I am wondering what constitutes a cabal.

I mean it's really not a secret society or anything, and that's almost never the point.

Lord Quantum

I just like using the word cabal. Also, a cabal is a group of people united in a common purpose. I was just planning on using it in that sense.

Jasper

Quote from: Lord Quantum on February 05, 2010, 03:55:58 AM
I just like using the word cabal. Also, a cabal is a group of people united in a common purpose. I was just planning on using it in that sense.

It has conspiratorial/clandestine connotations, check any book of word definitions.   That's why it was chosen instead of other group types.

Lord Quantum

Is there any particular reason you're pretending to be a dictionary?

Jasper

Mostly boredom.  I'm working on a thread that might be interesting to some folks, but in the interim I'm entertaining myself by being senselessly pedantic.

Sigma,
Hey, points for self-awareness at least?

Lord Quantum

Ah, I see. Myself, I'm working on a re-write of the Principia in Q&A style. What's your post about?

Q,
Indeed.

Jasper

PD dialogues?  Could be kinda bad or very good, depending on the originality of the answers.  Interesting though.

I'm just working on a design contest thing.  OP posits a certain situation, we design stuff for it.

Lord Quantum

I hope it'll be good but I'm not trying to be funny or anything like that. The idea is to imagine what it would look like if Discordianism was a "serious" religion. What's OP?