Sorry Anne Frank, and I'ma let you finish...

Started by Dysnomia, January 30, 2010, 02:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on February 02, 2010, 03:17:17 AM
Well, that's no good. Shall we start a riot?  :lulz:

No, then they just lock you up forever and use you as an example on Fox News.

The correct course of action is to take a big crap in your local postal drop off box.

SPECIAL DELIVERY!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

ThatGreenGentleman

Because you're best at them, and you like to eat burritos with extra beans. Now that would be some smelly business.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on February 02, 2010, 03:26:00 AM
Because you're best at them, and you like to eat burritos with extra beans. Now that would be some smelly business.  :lulz:

Not for the US Postal service.  That would be rude.

For them, I eat Thai food.   :)

ThatGreenGentleman

Freeky

Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 02, 2010, 01:45:18 AM
Mine never did, not that there weren't umpteen other holocaust novels (and a complete lack of discussing anything else that went on under/in the leadup to the Third Reich)

I read Anne Frank in elementary school, when we were doing some sort of placement thingy. It was only an excerpt, and I wanted to read more (and then promptly forgot about it, being all of 7 years old). But we never read it in my highschool.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Suu on February 02, 2010, 03:18:25 AM
Mine never did, not that there weren't umpteen other holocaust novels (and a complete lack of discussing anything else that went on under/in the leadup to the Third Reich)

I read another diary as well, I forgot what, but the girl and her family traveled around a lot between Switzerland, France, and Belgium I believe.
We had to read "Number the Stars". Probably not the book you are thinking of, because it took place in Denmark.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Requia ☣

Quote from: Suu on February 02, 2010, 03:18:25 AM

I read another diary as well, I forgot what, but the girl and her family traveled around a lot between Switzerland, France, and Belgium I believe.

No see, that's not about concentration camps or fighting the Japanese, therefore it didn't happen according to all but one of my teachers.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

We never read any diaries.  The only primary sources we used were government records of the time, German and British.

Then again, for those of us who did A Level History, we spent three damn years studying the Nazis, on and off.  I think we got the message that Nazism was bad and not to try it at home by that point, though the message does not seem to have been clearly communicated elsewhere in the country.

Requia ☣

No see, its only fascism if you want to kill Jews.

I am impressed you actually had primary sources though.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Well, copies of primary sources.  You could probably make a case for selection bias or whatever, not to mention translation error with some German words (though I knew a lot more German back then), but it was nice to know what Germany thought its industrial output was, or what Alfred Rosenberg really felt about Christianity.

Suu

If it makes you feel better, we learned way too much about Nazis AND those bad communists instead of paying attention to important things in American History like the Japanese concentration camps and the continuation of the slave trade through parts of the country (*cough*RHODEISLAND*cough*) after abolitionism went into effect.

Everyone knows American History is just a series wars with boring spaces between them.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on February 02, 2010, 03:12:15 PM
If it makes you feel better, we learned way too much about Nazis AND those bad communists instead of paying attention to important things in American History like the Japanese concentration camps and the continuation of the slave trade through parts of the country (*cough*RHODEISLAND*cough*) after abolitionism went into effect.

Everyone knows American History is just a series wars with boring spaces between them.

I think I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Nazi camps were a little more important than the camps in the USA.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2010, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: Suu on February 02, 2010, 03:12:15 PM

I think I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the Nazi camps were a little more important than the camps in the USA.

YOU JEW-LOVING JAP-HATER!
   \
:mccain: