News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Introducing: The Spider Project

Started by LMNO, February 01, 2010, 04:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangshai

I like the first one with roger the best.  It reminds me of a Slint song, which is a very good thing.  Its got a little more of almost a movie score feel to it too, though, so it doesn't end up sounding derivative or anything.  Did roger phone in his part, or did you just add some reverb, because the vox sounds pretty rad.  Good stuff, mang!

Do more!!
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hangshai on February 03, 2010, 05:41:26 PM
I like the first one with roger the best.  It reminds me of a Slint song, which is a very good thing.  Its got a little more of almost a movie score feel to it too, though, so it doesn't end up sounding derivative or anything.  Did roger phone in his part, or did you just add some reverb, because the vox sounds pretty rad.  Good stuff, mang!

Do more!!

I sent him an MP3.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Hangshai

When I was very very young I remember watching Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2" video on MTV.  This was back when they use to do 'closet classics' and play videos by led zepplin and Floyd and other old rock acts.  Anyway, I remember vividly to this day how utterly freaked out I got at the part with all the scary no-face zombie kids get dropped into the meat grinder.

Roger, the way you describe the no-face spider people made me think of THAT face, you know, the whole 2 eyes and a tube for a mouth.  Fucking freaky.  I kept having the same freaked out feeling I would get as a child watching that video when I would think of your spiderweb-people.

Oh, and I dont think I mentioned it in the hey lmno thread, but the two pieces that LMNO used are definitely a cut above your usual stuff.  They don't have that acerbic quality that some of your rants have.  Like i said before, good shit.
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

LMNO

Due to logistical snafus, I have temporarily skipped rant 5, and gone straight to rant 6 - Richter's "All you need".

All you who mentioned you might help, feel free to jump in any time.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: LMNO on February 01, 2010, 04:40:07 PM
Also, I contacted a few people behind the scenes a few months ago, and I wanted to light a fire under their feet (you know who you are, no blame).

guilty regardless.  in the future i am better.

Roaring Biscuit!

so yeh, this is my interpretation of miss freeky's spiders work:

http://www.filedropper.com/msfreekyspiders

enjoy, i suppose

Freeky

RB, that cookie is too fucking cute.

Also, :mittens:

President Television

I'd like to try my hand at writing one of these. You're accepting new submissions (assuming I can make it good enough, of course), right?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

LMNO

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on February 23, 2010, 12:57:34 AM
so yeh, this is my interpretation of miss freeky's spiders work:

http://www.filedropper.com/msfreekyspiders

enjoy, i suppose

I am going to check this out tonight when I get home.

Cap'n Usa, knock yourself out.  However, you might want to look at starting a brand new Letter and kick the whole thing off in another direction?

I mean, this thread was started with no idea that it would get this far.  I think you should take the risk and do something new.

President Television

Quote from: LMNO on February 24, 2010, 01:00:49 PM
Cap'n Usa, knock yourself out.  However, you might want to look at starting a brand new Letter and kick the whole thing off in another direction?

I mean, this thread was started with no idea that it would get this far.  I think you should take the risk and do something new.

Funny you should say this, I started writing something yesterday that I think could develop into a decent rant. Not much of a letter, though. CREATIVE POWERS GO!
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

LMNO

The beauty of the late TGRR's letter idea was that it was open ended; instead of a conclusion, it ended with "to be continued", so anyone willing to pick it up and run with it has full license to do so.

A rant ends - a letter starts a conversation.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 18, 2010, 12:07:52 AM
Due to logistical snafus, I have temporarily skipped rant 5, and gone straight to rant 6 - Richter's "All you need".

All you who mentioned you might help, feel free to jump in any time.

What's due from me?  I think I'm okay to do something tomorrow or Friday.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I recall you outsourced the "And the strands are all colorful" piece to Richeter.

Or, I may have been hallucinating.

If that's still the plan, your next one after that is the "It's hard to say what things used to be like" piece.

I really, really need to get back to my computer and do more work.  That damn vacation threw off my schedule.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 24, 2010, 03:56:50 PM
I recall you outsourced the "And the strands are all colorful" piece to Richeter.

Or, I may have been hallucinating.

If that's still the plan, your next one after that is the "It's hard to say what things used to be like" piece.

I really, really need to get back to my computer and do more work.  That damn vacation threw off my schedule.

That's still the plan, but I am very bored and may steal it back.  I am, it seems, bedridden...so anything, ANYTHING besides reading and sleeping would be nice.
Molon Lube

LMNO