News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Spray-on liquid glass is about to revolutionize almost everything

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, February 05, 2010, 10:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

INCLUDING YOUR FACE.

And it will revolutionize your face with "quantum forces," you turdpolishing thundercunts.

Q U A N T U M.

F O R C E S.

ATTACKING YOUR FACE!

QuoteSpray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.

The liquid glass spray (technically termed "SiO2 ultra-thin layering") consists of almost pure silicon dioxide (silica, the normal compound in glass) extracted from quartz sand. Water or ethanol is added, depending on the type of surface to be coated. There are no additives, and the nano-scale glass coating bonds to the surface because of the quantum forces involved.

http://www.physorg.com/news184310039.html
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

QuoteLiquid glass spray is perhaps the most important nanotechnology product to emerge to date. It will be available in DIY stores in Britain soon, with prices starting at around £5 ($8 US). Other outlets, such as many supermarkets, may be unwilling to stock the products because they make enormous profits from cleaning products that need to be replaced regularly, and liquid glass would make virtually all of them obsolete.

Fuck yeah!  I'm going to get some, and use it on everything.  EVERYTHING.

Even my face.

Triple Zero

like the comments say .. sounds creepy seeing that they are literally planning to coat everything in it from furniture, clothes, buildings to food plants and seeds, I wonder about the health concerns about it. as the comments say, it could very well be the next asbestos if they really did that.

yes SiO2 is glass which is non-toxic, except that the properties of nanoparticles are not just determined by their chemical formula, but also by their shape.

the fact that bacteria can't easily divide on it scares me the most, TBH. shows what kind of weird unnatural stuff this is.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reginald Ret

I prefer trusting my immune system to coating EVERY THING in glass.
Strong immune systems need practice.
That said it would be fun to experiment with.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Requia ☣

Doing some digging, it looks like the stuff can hurt the lungs, but its short term and conditions don't progress from continual exposure.

Bigger problem is that its known to make spinal injuries worse in rats, which makes me wonder why the fuck its being tested in hospitals.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

I found some more general cellular level issues with the stuff.  So yeah, toxic in high enough doses.  But toxic in that doesn't kill people but just weakens them way thats so pervasive in modern materials.

Rumckle

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on February 05, 2010, 10:19:33 AM
"quantum forces,"

:argh!:

Also, I agree with Trip Zip, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up becoming illegal in 20 years time.

But until then, imagine all the pranks you could pull with this stuff.

Though I think spraying it on your face may give you a glassy eyed look.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

First it will be a diet product.

It damaged fat cells after all.