News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 05, 2010, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Good plan, BAI.

Ooooh, kobolds! In the game Roger was running, I had just leveled enough to take my kobold pet as my cohort. 5th level sorc, bitch. Eat it in the face.

Freeky

Also, max gold according to your class (unless you took the Rich Parents trait, which is 900 gold) for starting gold.

Oh, yes. He's a great DM. Too bad he's under doctor supervision now... I guess we'll have to get another of our group to continue the campaign.

Cain

Yeah, Roger hasn't exactly made it a secret he's a DM before now.  I'm surprised you missed that info.

He plays a level 6 lawful good halfling Paladin.

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Freeky

As long as we get some fighter classes playing, you'll live.  :lulz:

Freeky

Also, I won't be here this afternoon or tomorrow, and possibly not Sunday either. My mom has been going apeshit over the amount of time I'm on the internet.  :kingmeh: So you'll have plenty of time to decide.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on February 05, 2010, 06:54:21 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on February 05, 2010, 06:43:22 PM
FWIW I like D&D roleplaying a lot but wouldn't it get real tedious to play over a forum? I personally also really enjoy the face to face interactions in it.

I agree, I'm skeptical. But there must be a format of game which is perfect for forums.

People were talking about the difference between Forum and IRC. Wouldn't .. *cough* *hack* Google Wave be a perfect intermediary for this? Maybe? Not that I ever used it, so maybe some of the people here that have tried it out could shed light upon that?

Quoteone day it might be fun to play KOBOLDS ATE MY BABIES.. that's a very silly game, and we'd all get to die in numerous horrible ways.

Yeah I love that game. You would probably have most luck with something similarly silly and short duration.

I loathe the rulebook for that one though, it's short, but soo obtuse and written in all caps and the actual rulings are hidden in paragraphs of jokes that are really only funny the first three times you try to find a rule. Not that the rules matter a lot in this game, but just a little quick reference now and then would be nice.

Quoteif we don't like how the game's going, we can vote out the current mayor (GM). But here's the thing - nobody "runs" for mayor, the next mayor is chosen BY DIE ROLL.

this is also a good rule. the game dying because the GM not doing their thing or nobody being up for doing the job is something I'd expect to happen in an online forum game as well.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

It's more that there isn't much for a wizard to do at level 1.

Freeky

I like sorcerer better, myself. The bloodlines rule is the shit!

Multiclass, then. Go Rogue/whatever or Fighter/whatever.

Or do a divine spellcaster/arcane spellcaster multiclass.

Though if you guys don't have a full time healer, I'm gonna laugh myself silly.

Suu

Okay...

I'm a fucking nerd. I dress in Star Wars costumes...but one thing I can't fucking stand is tabletop and pen and paper gaming. Christ.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Quote from: Suu on February 05, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Okay...

I'm a fucking nerd. I dress in Star Wars costumes...but one thing I can't fucking stand is tabletop and pen and paper gaming. Christ.

Suu

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 05, 2010, 07:58:39 PM
Quote from: Suu on February 05, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Okay...

D'AWW.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

Requia ☣

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 05, 2010, 07:47:29 PM
Though if you guys don't have a full time healer, I'm gonna laugh myself silly.

Cleric it is.

Freeky

Ok, cool. Keep in mind that I won't make you have a god if you can make up a good story for just taking two domains. As long as they aren't evil of course.