News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

In Memoriam: TGRR 2002-2010

Started by Doktor Howl, February 06, 2010, 03:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonsai Ent

We'd have known if TGRR had died physically.

Heaven and Hell would consider it an act of war, instigated by the mortal plane, and unite against us in a horrific retaliation...

With that said.

Howdy Dok
"sanity is just psychopathology in vogue"

Storebrand

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on February 06, 2010, 06:39:58 PM
wait, what? when did my dad go to the hospital???  :? :x

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

Seriously, this is not the right way for a kid to find out something bad has happened.  Even if it wasn't that bad.

Jasper

This is interesting.

I am at once bemused, sad, excited, pleased, and pensive.

Will the good Doktor be inheriting TGRR's mod status?

Faust

Is the good docktor a subgenuis too?
because I'm fairly certain that bad habit was giving him the heart trouble.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2010, 03:12:29 PM
Good morning, my little exploding anal beads of corruption.  It seems The Good Reverend Roger has "lost his shit" in a big way, and died of his own stupidity in Oro Valley Hospital, some time over the last day and a half.  But fear not, for I have been reborn, like unto a buzzard rising from its own poop.

First order of business:  As I am now out of the Holy ManTM business, I bequeath my Rain God title and all other holy offices, vestments, and/or Horrorsex equipment unto Payne, for the conversion of the heathens in Scotland.  America has no use for Holy MenTM.  Trust me on this...We Doktors know a hopeless case when we see one.  As such, I am retiring the TGRR moniker for good.  I needed to change my outlook anyway, as the one I had was no longer big enough.

Second order of business:  I'd like to offer a heartfelt and public apology to Nigel, concerning the accusations of "betrayal" I had made.  This was nothing more than an exhaustion-driven paranoia that caused me to read some drivel in a PM from Yatto, and interpret it as details of a plot to make me miserable.  This was obviously not the case, and I am very sorry.  Nigel didn't deserve that.

Third order of business:  The bickering.  Okay, everyone's pissed and howling.  I kind of like that.  But consider that you are howling at the wrong people.  Your aim is sloppy, and there's no excuse for that.  After all, it's not like any of you get along with normal people...If you did, you wouldn't be a Discordian.  So why shit in your own nest?  Because you're bored?  Because content stagnated?  Because you need the attention?  Because it's February, and you don't know what else to do?  That's monkey behavior.  You are not a robot, so stop operating off of programming.  Consider:  You have a limited time on this planet, and you will only find so many people that you can get along with...and it's always later than you think.  Time is fucking short.  It took dying for me to figure that out, but there's no need for you to re-invent the wheel.

So, that's that.  But where do things go from here? 

Well, I'd like to learn how to use Radio Free Discordia, because I have some things to say, and I am no longer satisfied with the written word as a medium.  Nurse Mayhem and I will be putting up some new artwork - including spiffy new avatars to reflect our Mad Scientist approach to things, and possibly - if you ask Nursey very nicely - making avatars for people who agree with the things we're about to yell.  Oh, yes...and finding a practical way to destroy the city of Tucson, Arizona, because that's the sort of thing cartoon villians do. 

Who's afraid of Doktor Howl?  Fucking nobody.

Stuff it in your stuffhole, noob. IF I were you, I'd just lurk for 6 months and then post nothing but mittens and variations on "IAWTC" for your first thousand posts. If you want to be really cool, you can try to jump right in to telling us what's wrong in your life and who you are fapping over. That's what the cool kids do, and if you don't find yourself in lockstep pretty fucking soon, mister, you're gonna be on the outside looking in at a bunch of outsiders, and you can't IMAGINE what THAT will do to your precious little ideas about what a special snowflake you are.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

eight posts and already trying to tell us how to be really real discordians for realnessz.

in be4 "sociological experiment" !!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

:lol: 

Post count.  Serious business.

East Coast Hustle

and for those who are wondering if Doc Howl will be retaining TGRR's position as an admin, the answer is yes. I have already transferred admin access to the Doc Howl account and the TGRR account, if it is ever used again, will be just another yahoo.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Eater of Clowns

Oh so this is the former TGRR for sure then.  Internet identity skepticism FTL.

Welcome back, and it's good to see you're alright.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Well, as for TGRR, thank gawd that old bastard finally snuffed it.

And, welcome Doc Howl, I can't wait for your visit this spring.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pariah

Well. . .welcome I suppose
I am no longer satisfied with the written word as a medium.  
:sad:
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Jasper

Quote from: Pariarrhea on February 06, 2010, 09:15:38 PM
Well. . .welcome I suppose
I am no longer satisfied with the written word as a medium. 
:sad:

It's not exactly bad news, you know.  It just means we get radio free discordia rants and dialogues.

I think.

Right?

Requia ☣

Am I still supposed to be trying to kill you, or do I try to kill Payne now that he's the new Holy Man?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Kai

Give me a call sometime Doc. I still want to hear from you. :)

And here you were telling /me/ not to work too hard.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish