News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Staring at an Abstract Painting

Started by ThisIsMyName.StopAsking, February 07, 2010, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Salty

Dear god! Don't let a little thing like starving children keep you from living a 24/7 Unicorn-laced Joyfest. *confetti*
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

Quote from: NotPublished on February 08, 2010, 01:12:03 AM
LEAVE CHRIS CROCKER ALONE~!!!!

WE CAN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE, WE MUST MAKE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD AS MISERABLE AS WE OURSELVES ARE!

Salty

Stop it all of you. Start playing sink and making outlandish cookie recipes.

Salty

Jesus. Is everyone else as drunk as I am?

Storebrand

Freeky

NotPublished

No, I'm being depressing .. its such joy!

And I was 2 days ago also :D

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ThisIsMyName.StopAsking on February 07, 2010, 11:05:02 PM
It has been awhile since I came here.  But now, I realize why I left: there is no purpose.

You all talk of how sucky the world is, moaning about your lives and constantly re-itterating how terrible the world is.  You're trapped in a web of Pragmaticism, looking at the big concept of "The World" through a microscope which is your life.  You know, when I first came here, I was truly intrigued by what seemed to be a genius school of thought.

But the truth is: you're pointlessly hurting yourselves.  Popping an instinctive bubble your brain has made to make life wonderful-seeming.  But if your personal life is good, you'll find a problem in your country, or the world, or something.  Searching for another problem you can't fix just to remind everybody, you were right and Logic is all there is.

If Logic is truly all there is, you might as well kill yourself-- you'll find no solace in it, real or not.  My only real advice being: scrap everything but the pinealism and the recipes on here.  The Principia Discordia was written as a joke, as "how to escape whatever you want", not as a political dogma nor as a guide to living.  You can eat hot dogs on Fridays-- but the original concept Mal-2 was probably aiming for has been so far distorted, and it's modern-day replacement is rehashed so often on here, there's no discussion.  "This is the truth-- if you don't like it, suck it. " 

But-- Idealism and dreams are lost.  You  :horrormirth:abandon any hope for a better future, whining about how bad things are on this site which considerably few people know of.  So please.  Life is an abstract painting: stop looking for the goat you were told about.

We didn't actually ask for your advice, come to think of it.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

It has been awhile since I came here.  But now, I realize why I left: there is no purpose.

You all talk of how sucky the world is, moaning about your lives and constantly re-itterating how terrible the world is.  You're trapped in a web of Pragmaticism, looking at the big concept of "The World" through a microscope which is your life.  You know, when I first came here, I was truly intrigued by what seemed to be a genius school of thought.

But the truth is: you're pointlessly hurting yourselves.  Popping an instinctive bubble your brain has made to make life wonderful-seeming.  But if your personal life is good, you'll find a problem in your country, or the world, or something.  Searching for another problem you can't fix just to remind everybody, you were right and Logic is all there is.

If Logic is truly all there is, you might as well kill yourself-- you'll find no solace in it, real or not.  My only real advice being: scrap everything but the pinealism and the recipes on here.  The Principia Discordia was written as a joke, as "how to escape whatever you want", not as a political dogma nor as a guide to living.  You can eat hot dogs on Fridays-- but the original concept Mal-2 was probably aiming for has been so far distorted, and it's modern-day replacement is rehashed so often on here, there's no discussion.  "This is the truth-- if you don't like it, suck it. "  

But-- Idealism and dreams are lost.  You  :horrormirth:abandon any hope for a better future, whining about how bad things are on this site which considerably few people know of.  So please.  Life is an abstract painting: stop looking for the goat you were told about.

If you come here and get the idea that Discordianism is about logic, then you should revisit gradeschool English classes.

I was once like you. I thought this place was full of meanspirited, washed-up, bitter old people with nothing better to do than sit at a computer and bemoan the sorry state of the world. But I was wrong, and so are you.

See, like it or not, THE WORLD IS A SHITTY PLACE. Everybody you meet, anywhere, will tell you that's true if you press them hard enough. They will always disagree on why it is shitty, and what can be done to fix it (and these disagreements are a large part of what makes the world continue to be shitty). But the simple fact that life sucks and the world is shit (and getting worse!) is probably one of the few things that all of Humanity can agree on. So in a way, here at PD, we are celebrating the accidental unity we all share as Humans.

But on a much deeper and more important level, what you find here is that people aren't just pissing themselves with dread over the next legislation that's gonna come barreling down the tracks as we are tied to them or the next great adventure in tragedy Humankind is on the brink of. We just take not of those things, talk about it over tea or whatever, and then we SCREAM with LAUGHTER.

We recognize that, although subjectively life might induce a sane person to cringe and snap, it is ultimately the most hilarious thing that has ever, ever crept across the black starscape of the Cosmos. We are incredibly lucky to witness Life, especially Humanity. For example: the way Nature strives and strives for millions of years to achieve perfection, only to end up with us... how can you not find that hilarious? And every day, the punchline grows and becomes more profound and maddening.

Most things in the universe aren't even aware of their own existence! We, on the other hand, have the opportunity not only to be aware of what is going on, but to sit back and watch it unfold. And -- and -- to actually help it along! It's an incredible gift!

So what you see as a blind, stale community full of bitter misanthropes, is actually a thriving community full of people who are overwhelmed by the sheer delight of living in this Modern Age. But, you are an asshole, so we couldn't really expect anything else. Not that we would want anything else anyway, since you're just adding to the fun.

Cheerio!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Freeky

NotPublished

It took me a good two reads to fully appreciate and understand what vex wrote :mittens: Very beautiful!!

hooplala

It has been awhile since I came here.  But now, I realize why I left: there is no purpose.

You all talk of how sucky the world is, moaning about your lives and constantly re-itterating how terrible the world is.  You're trapped in a web of Pragmaticism, looking at the big concept of "The World" through a microscope which is your life.  You know, when I first came here, I was truly intrigued by what seemed to be a genius school of thought.

But the truth is: you're pointlessly hurting yourselves.  Popping an instinctive bubble your brain has made to make life wonderful-seeming.  But if your personal life is good, you'll find a problem in your country, or the world, or something.  Searching for another problem you can't fix just to remind everybody, you were right and Logic is all there is.

If Logic is truly all there is, you might as well kill yourself-- you'll find no solace in it, real or not.  My only real advice being: scrap everything but the pinealism and the recipes on here.  The Principia Discordia was written as a joke, as "how to escape whatever you want", not as a political dogma nor as a guide to living.  You can eat hot dogs on Fridays-- but the original concept Mal-2 was probably aiming for has been so far distorted, and it's modern-day replacement is rehashed so often on here, there's no discussion.  "This is the truth-- if you don't like it, suck it. "  

But-- Idealism and dreams are lost.  You  :horrormirth:abandon any hope for a better future, whining about how bad things are on this site which considerably few people know of.  So please.  Life is an abstract painting: stop looking for the goat you were told about.

Hey thanks for painting the entire board, full of about a billion posts, into one lame rant.  Nothing you wrote about applies to me, you don't know me, and would be smarter to not pretend you did, so thanks for nothing, you bag full of douche.

Did you actually read any of the posts on this forum before typing up your verbal barf?  Or do you just like the sound of your two fingers mashing pointless keys?  

Don't talk to ME about looking at an abstract painting... turn that mirror back on yourself, amigo.

Go away.  Read a book.  Be better.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Salty

Speaking of mirrors. You may want to use those provided by INTERACTION with INDIVIDUALS instead of projecting your fail onto a some figment of a collective.