News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Videogames as Interactive Art, the "Death of Linearity"

Started by Telarus, October 07, 2010, 06:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

The games of Nifflas, Within a Deep Forest, Knytt and Knytt Stories. Very beautiful games with engaging gameplay. I'd mention his Night Game too, but that's only for wii-ware and so I haven't been able to play it. I especially like the Knytt series.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: Cain on October 08, 2010, 02:56:48 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 08, 2010, 02:34:13 PM
I'd play a video game developed by Guillermo del Toro in a heartbeat.

Damn right.  He's co-written a couple of horror books as well, which I bought because...well, I liked his movies.  Haven't read them yet though.

The Strain had a 2 year long waiting list at my old library... so I haven't had a chance to read it yet.
My old library probably hates me because I moved, and I havent had the chance to return a couple of their books for ... well, several months. I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point, either that, or they'll sick the library police on me.

I'd be really excited to play a lovecraftian horror game developed by Del Toro.

Quote from: Kai on October 10, 2010, 01:45:03 PM
The games of Nifflas, Within a Deep Forest, Knytt and Knytt Stories. Very beautiful games with engaging gameplay. I'd mention his Night Game too, but that's only for wii-ware and so I haven't been able to play it. I especially like the Knytt series.

Within a Deep Forest and Knytt are absolutely phenomenal.

EDIT:
Also wanted to add that "... isnt ART" is a classic trolling technique