Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have FUN on a regular basis?

Yes.  I'm up for ANY program.
42 (89.4%)
No. The world is a terrible place.
5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

LMNO

Looks like we've gotten another smattering of people who think that what we write means we are all doomsaying depressives who can't see the joy and sparkle of life, and who mope around and sulk.

So: Do you have fun?

I know I do.  I have more honest fun than almost anyone I know.  I also have a hell of a lot of dishonest fun, as well.

To all the critics, you can kiss my whole asshole; if you don't like the lyrics, you can press fast forward.

[/Jay-Z]

hooplala

I was trying to think of a witty answer, but I got nothing. 

The simple truth is, I have so much fun.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Not to mention, you stare at tits the entire day; which can't be that much of a bad thing, even if you were gay.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on February 08, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
Not to mention, you stare at tits the entire day

Yeah, that helps too.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 08, 2010, 07:18:13 PM
The answer is not binary.

Ok, that's very true.  The world is a terrible place, and I have fun.

E.O.T.

WELL

I guess that if I had a clearer idea of the particulars, the who and the what, I'd be able to comment.

AND YES

I spend too much time with my kids to be doing anything aside from total fun
"a good fight justifies any cause"

hooplala

"It's a sad and beautiful world."

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Pointing out flaws in a system does not imply that the system is worthless...I have no interest in explaining that in great detail to drones who couldn't figure it out on their own.  Suffice it to say that fun is all there is worth doing, and I do a bit more than I probably should.
Molon Lube

Captain Utopia

My answer doesn't fit -- I don't personally have fun on a regular basis, but I hold full responsibility for that, and as such I don't think the world is a terrible place.

Quote from: LMNO on February 08, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
Not to mention, you stare at tits the entire day; which can't be that much of a bad thing, even if you were gay.

:?  What do you do Hoopla?  And are they downtown and hiring?

Richter

Having the fun easily trumps the misery of not. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 08, 2010, 07:23:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 08, 2010, 07:21:16 PM
fun is all there is worth doing.

memebomb.

I think memebombs might have been a mistake, at least as far as I am concerned.  The world has enough soundbites, and I am no longer interested in grabbing the brains of those who can't be bothered reading more than a blurb.  I have a special word for people like that.
Molon Lube

Jasper

Fun?  Hell yes.  My most recent weekend was of myriad gentlemanly pleasures.  Drinking, shooting, gaming, carousing, fine dining, and bull sessions.

Yet the world is deeply flawed.  Physiological misery in the third world, intellectual poverty in the first world, and monkey politics all around.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The world is a terrible place,

I have a lot of fun,

I am not up for any program,

The world is a shockingly beautiful place,

Sometimes I want to drive off a bridge.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."