News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 09, 2010, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 04:58:13 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 09, 2010, 04:56:05 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 09, 2010, 03:55:37 PM
I'm telling you, it's a way for the government to get YOU to pay THEM to put you on a watchlist.

No one likes their mail being opened.

Jenne,

Speaks from experience here, too

Piss on 'em.  They can watch me all they like.  I mean, if they LIKE what they see, than they're sicker than I am.

:lulz:

True, it just made me way more paranoid than I needed to be at the time. 

Sometimes I call my pervert friends and freak out entirely, just in case someone is listening.

When my dad's out, and they can't use shit against him, we'll probably be into similar shinanigans.

Wait, no we won't.  Too many fuckers coming back and forth from Afghanistan and my house.

Never mind.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on February 09, 2010, 05:01:43 PM
I'm telling you, it's a way for the government to get YOU to pay THEM to put you on a watchlist.

Jenne,

Piss on 'em.  They can watch me all they like.  I mean, if they LIKE what they see, than they're sicker than I am.

Sometimes I call my pervert friends and freak out entirely, just in case someone is listening.

When my dad's out, and they can't use shit against him, we'll probably be into similar shinanigans.

Wait, no we won't.  Too many fuckers coming back and forth from Afghanistan and my house.

Never mind.

Then they're already watching you.

Like I said, don't say illegal things, just say warped and perverted things.

But, yeah, wait for the old man to get out of the slammer.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Yeah, I figure they have had a bead on us for a while.  *shrug*  Not much I can do about it, esp if my husband insists and bringing more and more cousins over.  :lulz:

The last one that came over was a bajillionaire though, so he was able to slip in and out with the TSA kissing his ass.  The wad of cashola that guy carried around scared the shit outta me.  Guys don't CARRY that kind of CASH like that...unless they have a REASON.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 04:54:43 PM
Military budget, including black ops funding, now stands at $1 trillion.

It is also, almost all, entirely useless and as related to military purposes as the fancy uniforms European soldiers used to wear into battle.  I mean, come on, if the military cared more about winning than pointlessly accumulating crap, American soldiers would be armed with Kalashnikovs and RPGs.  Guerrillas, in contrast to highly funded first world armies (which almost all fail hideously) only care about shit that works.

And that is why America, the UK, France, Germany etc are all fucked.

Gary Brecher wrote a good column comparing the Merkava IV and it's "protected" passengers, vs a teenager - in a tee shirt with an AK47 - standing on a pile of rubble and yelling "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!".

Sometimes the hardware just gets in the way.

Yeah, I think I read that one.  John Ralston Saul, who I'm currently reading, goes really in depth into the failure of the modern military in Voltaire's Bastards, too.  Helicoptors, for example, are utterly useless in a war.  Yet the modern military is obsessed with them.  There are nearly 10,000 aircraft in the US military which cannot be sustained at military readiness.  They also didn't have fuel, ammunition or any sort of logistical support at all, so they literally couldn't be deployed in Europe during the Cold War.  Swollen officer corps, useless accumulation, lack of strategic insight, no desire to win, managerialist "systems" thinking replacing any original thought and anyone both capable of dissenting and commanding shipped off to where they can do least harm, instead of being given critical command posts.  And this isn't just an American problem, it is common to most modern militaries, especially Britain and France, where training methods for the officer corps and general staff originated.

Been the same sad story since WWI.  Practically every war we've won since then has been to either the other side breaking first, or luck.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 05:16:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 04:54:43 PM
Military budget, including black ops funding, now stands at $1 trillion.

It is also, almost all, entirely useless and as related to military purposes as the fancy uniforms European soldiers used to wear into battle.  I mean, come on, if the military cared more about winning than pointlessly accumulating crap, American soldiers would be armed with Kalashnikovs and RPGs.  Guerrillas, in contrast to highly funded first world armies (which almost all fail hideously) only care about shit that works.

And that is why America, the UK, France, Germany etc are all fucked.

Gary Brecher wrote a good column comparing the Merkava IV and it's "protected" passengers, vs a teenager - in a tee shirt with an AK47 - standing on a pile of rubble and yelling "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!".

Sometimes the hardware just gets in the way.

Yeah, I think I read that one.  John Ralston Saul, who I'm currently reading, goes really in depth into the failure of the modern military in Voltaire's Bastards, too.  Helicoptors, for example, are utterly useless in a war.  Yet the modern military is obsessed with them.  There are nearly 10,000 aircraft in the US military which cannot be sustained at military readiness.  They also didn't have fuel, ammunition or any sort of logistical support at all, so they literally couldn't be deployed in Europe during the Cold War.  Swollen officer corps, useless accumulation, lack of strategic insight, no desire to win, managerialist "systems" thinking replacing any original thought and anyone both capable of dissenting and commanding shipped off to where they can do least harm, instead of being given critical command posts.  And this isn't just an American problem, it is common to most modern militaries, especially Britain and France, where training methods for the officer corps and general staff originated.

Been the same sad story since WWI.  Practically every war we've won since then has been to either the other side breaking first, or luck.

We can beat anyone dumb enough to play by our rules, as witnessed by the gulf war and the initial invasion of Iraq.

On the other hand, KEEPING what you take is a bitch, and so is a country like Afghanistan, where the enemy WANTS you there.
Molon Lube

Richter

Jenne,

I've been doing this since 9/11.  I have a chat with someone that's absolutely LOUSY with buzz words, subversive ideas, terrorist name dropping, and then we pitch our resumes. 

No responses yet.  Bastards have NO humor.  :crankey:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

Well, dumb enough to play by our rules and with 1% of our capabilities.  After all, if a war was fought against someone with long range missiles and a decent air force...well, it'd be the Battle of Britain all over again.  And God forbid a capable, modern commander implemented some of the ideas suggested in the Unrestricted Warfare manual...most of which are extremely cheap on a national budget.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 05:42:03 PM
Well, dumb enough to play by our rules and with 1% of our capabilities.  After all, if a war was fought against someone with long range missiles and a decent air force...well, it'd be the Battle of Britain all over again.  And God forbid a capable, modern commander implemented some of the ideas suggested in the Unrestricted Warfare manual...most of which are extremely cheap on a national budget.

But how many countries have that capability, Cain?  The ones that do typically have nice stuff, and don't want to risk losing it.

For example, I don't see Russia or Germany picking a fight with England or the USA anytime soon.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh no.  I'm just pointing out how hilariously inept we are.  And yet we're convinced now we're better than ever before.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 09, 2010, 05:47:25 PM
Oh no.  I'm just pointing out how hilariously inept we are.  And yet we're convinced now we're better than ever before.

The high point of American military might was 1990-1991.  If we'd been more careful after that, we'd still have an aura of invincibility.
Molon Lube

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 09, 2010, 02:29:45 PM
QuoteFive-dollar registration fee for persons planning to overthrow US government

Terrorists who want to overthrow the United States government must now register with South Carolina's Secretary of State and declare their intentions -- or face a $25,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.

The state's "Subversive Activities Registration Act," passed last year and now officially on the books, states that "every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States ... shall register with the Secretary of State."

http://rawstory.com/2010/02/south-carolinas-subversive-activities-registration-act-force/

bwaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

so what happens when if you do decide to 'fess up and pay your 5$?  :lol: Your ok to get back to your sinister plotting then?

:?

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Requia ☣

Jenne,

Or its a way to have whoever you claim you are on the form put onto a watchlist.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Amendment V?  We don't need no steenking amendment V.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Template

I've seen this joke before: taxing illegal activities while they're still illegal.  For a while, pimping profits were defined as taxable, so any undeclared (ie, normal) pimping was automatically tax fraud.

LMNO

Yeah, it looks like a case of Arson Murder And Jaywalking, where if you get bagged for a "terrorist act", they can immediately hit you with a prison sentence and fine, even if you haven't committed any illegal activity.