News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

You know somethings wrong with you when you seek medical advice from PD

Started by Pariah, February 10, 2010, 02:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on February 11, 2010, 01:13:46 PM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 11, 2010, 01:23:03 AM
Quote from: NotPublished on February 11, 2010, 01:01:42 AM
Aswell as that, a little bit of sun and playing in the dirt can help

HELL yes.

My beloved Surfer Boy has severe depression, and that's one of the reasons he surfs. After hours interacting with the water, in the sun, moving his (unbelievably beautiful :fap:) body, he feels just fine. For a while, at least. Winter is really hard on him.

I'm sure LMNO could recomend a see - through wetsuit provider for him.

I don't think it's the temperature.  In the North Pacific, winter is when the dolphins go bad.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: E.O.T. on February 11, 2010, 08:32:07 AM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 11, 2010, 06:10:59 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on February 11, 2010, 05:44:44 AM
The gun thing only applies if you actually get committed to a mental facility (even if it was voluntary).

Oh, how interesting! That means my ex can't own guns. I never knew that.

WEll, it's mostly because his penis is soo small, any firearm he MAY/ WOULD choose to own, would in itself be illegal.

Hey now

I'm talking about the other ex. Who is, despite being a self-declared asshole, a dedicated pacifist.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HELL yes.

My beloved Surfer Boy has severe depression, and that's one of the reasons he surfs. After hours interacting with the water, in the sun, moving his (unbelievably beautiful :fap:) body, he feels just fine. For a while, at least. Winter is really hard on him.

Anyone who came up with see-through wetsuits would make a fortune!  :fap:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 05:06:06 PM

HELL yes.

I don't think it's the temperature.  In the North Pacific, winter is when the dolphins go bad.

Not to mention that the waters are teeming with sharks.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 11, 2010, 05:31:11 PM

HELL yes.

Yes, but when the dolphins put on leather jackets and white t-shirts and join The Sharks for the season, look out.

Also, I just downloaded the quick form for gun purchases, and Requiem is correct.  It is a stay in an institution that gets you.

So I retract my earlier argument, and I'm off to see where I've left my long term memory, who used to be a guy I trusted.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 05:33:49 PM

HELL yes.

Yes, but when the dolphins put on leather jackets and white t-shirts and join The Sharks for the season, look out.

Also, I just downloaded the quick form for gun purchases, and Requiem is correct.  It is a stay in an institution that gets you.

So I retract my earlier argument, and I'm off to see where I've left my long term memory, who used to be a guy I trusted.

The memory thing is a real bitch, isn't it? Because I can remember random trivia from 15 years ago that nobody gives a shit about, but conversations from yesterday are just lost in the aether.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 11, 2010, 08:10:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 05:33:49 PM

HELL yes.

The memory thing is a real bitch, isn't it? Because I can remember random trivia from 15 years ago that nobody gives a shit about, but conversations from yesterday are just lost in the aether.

This.  I am no longer a young man, and my brain is trying to be in the "cool crowd" that consists of my circulatory system and right knee.
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: gin on February 10, 2010, 04:49:32 PM
Plus exercise.  mmmm endorphines. 

This.

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 10, 2010, 04:47:38 PM
fuck antidepressants. unless you have SEVERE depression (and I doubt you'd be unsure of that), they're likely to do way more harm than good. What's your diet like? In many cases, mild depression can be relieved or eliminated entirely by, you know, actually eating food that's GOOD for you and that your body is meant to eat rather than stuffing your face with overprocessed, sugar-filled, nutrient-free crap.

...and this.

While you're at it, take an honest look at your life and evaluate what you don't like about it. Set some goals to change those things and start working towards the goals.

If doing these things don't help, then you should consider talking to a doctor.