News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

I HAS A SILLY QUESTION

Started by Nast, February 10, 2010, 06:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

So how does one gain weight?

For me, it isn't a body image issue or any of that crap, it's just that currently I'm 1 bmi point underweight and would not like to feel so waiflike that I have to tie myself down in gusty weather. Currently I'd say that gaining another 10 pounds is my goal.

I've always been a skinny kid. I also try to keep myself fed, eat breakfast and all, and I always follow a healthy diet. I was just wondering if there were any calorically dense foods I could be consuming. Much obliged!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jasper

Nast

I could get behind that.

Nast,
Kills bunnies for some tom kha.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jasper

If there's an inexpensive asian supermarket nearby, the cans of it are super cheap, too.

Nast

Unfortunately the nearest Asian market is a town away (I'd be so happy if there was one nearby. Ah, how I dream)
But there is an Indian market within walking distance, and that might just do the trick.

Bu🤠ns

Get older.  Marry a good cook.

Sir Squid Diddimus

NotPublished

You like eating fish? If so eat more. Omega-3 fat is good and health.
Increase your intake of Protein. Tuna seems to be a wonder-fish. (I hate eating it though :()
And eat more carbs also, so fruit and vegetables.

If this doesn't work then you may need to take it a step-further you can try take Protein supplements also.

Also its you may need to get into weight-lifting, this will help you build up mass.

So for breakfast, cereal + full cream milk, and whole grain toast (With some fruit + honey if you will .. I think banana and honey is nice on toast)
For lunch, fruit juices / Water (Sometimes you can't take too much sugar) .. and anything really - I'd probably could go for a whole-grain sandwich with some chicken or the likes since thats easy and quick to make.
Dinner, judging from the recipes you've posted you make awesome things! If you combine protein and carbs you'll probably gain weight fast.

BUT you dont want to over-do it, balance is always going to be important and I am sure your aware of that. I probably did miss something ... I'm gonna go eat now  :lulz:

Thats doing it healthy though.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

NotPublished

resistance training will guarantee mass-building =[ and its healthy!
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Nast

Quote from: NotPublished on February 10, 2010, 07:21:23 AM
You like eating fish? If so eat more. Omega-3 fat is good and health.
Increase your intake of Protein. Tuna seems to be a wonder-fish. (I hate eating it though :()
And eat more carbs also, so fruit and vegetables.

If this doesn't work then you may need to take it a step-further you can try take Protein supplements also.

Also its you may need to get into weight-lifting, this will help you build up mass.

So for breakfast, cereal + full cream milk, and whole grain toast (With some fruit + honey if you will .. I think banana and honey is nice on toast)
For lunch, fruit juices / Water (Sometimes you can't take too much sugar) .. and anything really - I'd probably could go for a whole-grain sandwich with some chicken or the likes since thats easy and quick to make.
Dinner, judging from the recipes you've posted you make awesome things! If you combine protein and carbs you'll probably gain weight fast.

BUT you dont want to over-do it, balance is always going to be important and I am sure your aware of that. I probably did miss something ... I'm gonna go eat now  :lulz:

Thats doing it healthy though.

Fish makes me feel guilty. Not because of their little beady eyes, but rather that I have access to it extremely fresh and I still don't eat enough of it. But I'm sure there at least some recipes that I'll like.
I like rice, and I end up eating alot of it. Long grain, short grain, it's all good. I could probably focus on eating it more in combination with pulses and legumes, and in its whole grain form, for the protein and carbs.
Thanks for the advice.

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 10, 2010, 07:34:15 AM
make a concerted effort not to exercise AT ALL if possible, and take a couple of Ensure drinks with your regular foods.

The thing is I've got to walk a mile and back to the bus station on school days. It's okay though, because I'd rather not get into the habit of being sedentary.

Triple Zero

also, if you're supposed to believe all those people saying BMI is crap because they're a couple of points above "overweight" because they're "just heavy built like that", being just one point below "optimal weight" can't be too bad either.

otherwise, what the spage here say. if you walk a lot, you're probably exercising your leg muscles a lot. if you eat lots of protein and add some exercise in your upper body to that, you will increase (muscle) mass there, and get heavier.

great to hear you do care about eating healthy, though. please to keep that up, better to eat healthy and be one point below optimal, than to eat lots of greasy shit just to get to the "correct" amount of kilograms.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Beer.

Or, you could start lifting weights.  Muscle tends to weigh more than fat.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on February 10, 2010, 02:29:18 PM
Beer.

Or, you could start lifting weights.  Muscle tends to weigh more than fat.

I approve of this.
Drink beer. Lift weights.

Freeky

Or instead of beer, any of the recipes I've posted. i don't go in for healthy cooking, but neither are mah foods empty of nutrition.