News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

lunch time! story time! another adventure at toxic hell aka taco bell drivethrew

Started by -Kel-, February 10, 2010, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: -Kel- on February 10, 2010, 07:56:52 PM
i was eating with my fam at a higher end restaurant and i saw a full family of 5 do a dine and ditch. The poor waitress walked up and saw what they had done and walked off in tears.

A family of 5? I would fucking kill a motherfucker. I've chased kids through the mall before for money, so don't think I wouldn't dropkick some trashy ass parents to the curb and throw their check in their faces and break fingers until it was paid. That is NOT beyond me.

Larceny is larceny, even at Taco Bell. They WILL throw you in jail for that.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hangshai on February 10, 2010, 08:01:43 PM
  That job is why you are so angry.

Hear that, Suu?  Hangshai will explain any other emotions you may experience, as well, if you ask nicely.
Molon Lube

Salty

Hangshai: It was not funny. And trust me, I know from not funny.

It's not about social statements. It's just lame to steal.

Alty,
HATES liars, thieves, cheats. With few exceptions.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

And, suu, Im sorry if you would have to pay for it.  My GF waited tables at a pretty popular downtown restaurant, and it was fucking hell.  The owner/manager was a fucking dick, and they overworked the girls.  Only girls, which he would regularly harass and yell at in front of customers, to the point where even customers would complain on behalf of the girls.  Its fucked and needless to say, after 2 years I convinced her to quit and go back to school where she is now in the nursing program.  And she no longer has to wait tables.  That job is why you are so angry.

Yes. I am an angry individual because I choose to wait tables for a living, you should have seen me 2 years ago when I was working a "real job". Rhode Island imploded economically last year and I lost my job at the TV station. Gee whiz, fuck me sideways for trying to make ends me and standing up for other people in the food service industry who have to get shafted by little immature shits like you who think it's funny to drive off without paying for even crappy fast food. I like my restaurant, I like my bosses and the people I work with and even most of the customers that come in. I can make more money in a week there (on days when we aren't supposed to get a foot of fucking snow) than I did working for CW anyway.

Oh right, I do have a college degree, and I am working on going back for my 2nd undergrad in the fall. So don't assume I'm uneducated either.

You didn't just tell us a funny story, you just told us what kind of a douchebag you are and greatly lowered everyone's opinion of you. No phonecalls or excuses you make now can save you. Sorry.

-Suu
Thinks it should be required for EVERYONE to work in food service, retail, and a shit office job before going to college, so they understand the true value of working before they assume they can get away with being jackasses.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Kel is amazing.  She could start a thread about stereo instructions, and it would end in a mushroom cloud.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

-Kel-

Suu, if someone does a dine and dash at your restaurant, do you have to pay for it as the waitress? (already been replied to as I wrote this) And LMNO, have you ever even worked at a fast food place?  There have been many times where I have been broke and hungry so I called a local fast food joint and said, 'hey, I just went through there and you forgot my burger/taco/milkshake' whatever, and they just tell me to roll on by and pick it up.  No receipt, nothing.  Besides maybe a scolding for being dumb (Im sure they covered it the first day on taco bell training, 'Get the money BEFORE you give the food).  TBH, the girl at the window was smiling, almost laughing, because she knew she fucked up.  Personally, although I have no way to prove this, I think she thought it was funny...  Oh, and finally, I just got off the phone with my local Taco Bell, in which I posed this situation as a hypothetical one to the manager on duty, and guess what...  The person would get a stern 'talking to', but NO money taken out of their check.

But, I doubt that redeemed me in any way in your eyes.

Anyway, it was just supposed to be a stupid/funny story about taco bell to make someone laugh. lighten up.  Im not trying to make some sort of social statement.

And, suu, Im sorry if you would have to pay for it.  My GF waited tables at a pretty popular downtown restaurant, and it was fucking hell.  The owner/manager was a fucking dick, and they overworked the girls.  Only girls, which he would regularly harass and yell at in front of customers, to the point where even customers would complain on behalf of the girls.  Its fucked and needless to say, after 2 years I convinced her to quit and go back to school where she is now in the nursing program.  And she no longer has to wait tables.  That job is why you are so angry.

When I was younger, I did a couple dine and dashes, sure.  But now that I am older, and self-employed, I pay for stuff.  This was, you know, a night coming home after a concert, I mean, its not like Im some criminal mastermind that specializes in stealing fucking FOOD for chrissakes.

I mean, can I not even tell a funny story without creating a fucking existential crisis on this forum?

whoa there, turn the flames down. Satre wouldn't be happy.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 10, 2010, 08:25:56 PM
Kel is amazing.  She could start a thread about stereo instructions, and it would end in a mushroom cloud.

YOU'RE WIRING IT FUCKING WRONG.  

GODDAMN.  WHAT THE FUCK?  RED TO RED, BLACK TO BLACK.  YOU WANT PHASE CANCELLATIONS, OR SOMETHING?

Salty

Kel: "Hey guize, so about metabolic degeneration..."

PD.Com: "NOOOOOOO....*gurgle* *die*."
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on February 10, 2010, 08:28:06 PM

GODDAMN.  WHAT THE FUCK?  RED TO RED, BLACK TO BLACK.  YOU WANT PHASE CANCELLATIONS, OR SOMETHING?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 10, 2010, 08:28:06 PM

:lulz::potd::lulz:
Molon Lube

-Kel-

-Kel-

quick point, Hanghai

I JUST WANTED TO TELL MY STORY.

*sniffle* *pout* *thread derailer*

Doktor Howl

Quote from: -Kel- on February 10, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
quick point, Hanghai

I kinda liked your story.

I think you under-reacted, though.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: -Kel- on February 10, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
quick point, Hanghai

Aww...Now look what you've done, Hangshai, you went and hurt Kel's feelings!

*hugs Kel*

There there...

Doktor Howl

At roughly the same time, I got a PM in which he "corrected" the numbers in my sig, to 14.3/14.6.

Because, you know, only people in America count.
Molon Lube