News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Death Coffee

Started by Mork, February 13, 2010, 03:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

98F? That's about 37C?

Cause what I always read is that, as opposed to tea, you should pour the water on as hot as possible (99-100C).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 10, 2011, 08:18:10 PM
98F? That's about 37C?

Cause what I always read is that, as opposed to tea, you should pour the water on as hot as possible (99-100C).

It tastes better when it's screaming hot, but IIRC, you lose caffiene.
Molon Lube

Luna

Waking up isn't an issue, these days.  Most nights, I get three or four hours, and I'm up and moving. 

Tasted pretty horrible, but, dump enough stuff in it, it's not so bad.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on October 10, 2011, 08:25:30 PM
Waking up isn't an issue, these days.  Most nights, I get three or four hours, and I'm up and moving. 

Tasted pretty horrible, but, dump enough stuff in it, it's not so bad.

Dump what in it?

You aren't one of those Goddamn infidels that contaminates your coffee with sugar and dairy products, are you?

:jihaad:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

98F? That's about 37C?

No, not boiling hot because you lose too many of the aromatic oils that way. That's one of the reasons cold-processed coffee tastes better.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2011, 05:04:32 PM
98F? That's about 37C?

No, not boiling hot because you lose too many of the aromatic oils that way. That's one of the reasons cold-processed coffee tastes better.

I've read conflicting things about this. I'll have to research it a bit further. (if you got any links handy, that'd be cool otherwise I'll hit google myself)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 11, 2011, 08:30:37 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2011, 05:04:32 PM
98F? That's about 37C?

I've read conflicting things about this. I'll have to research it a bit further. (if you got any links handy, that'd be cool otherwise I'll hit google myself)

I don't have any links, I just worked for a roaster for five years and that's what they taught me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

(It's also why boiling coffee makes it taste terrible)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

98f is too cool to be effective without steeping for a long time, though, and would probably result in rather bland coffee due to inadequate extraction of acids. Some people like it that way though.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2011, 08:50:49 PM
98f is too cool to be effective without steeping for a long time, though, and would probably result in rather bland coffee due to inadequate extraction of acids. Some people like it that way though.

That's why we use a barrel roller.  FORCE those fucking beans into the water.
Molon Lube

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

I LIKE MY COFFEE COLD AND FULL OF SUGAR WHAT NOW DOK WHAT NOOWWWWWWWW

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 08:27:31 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 11, 2011, 08:50:49 PM

That's why we use a barrel roller.  FORCE those fucking beans into the water.

:lulz: