News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Death Coffee

Started by Mork, February 13, 2010, 03:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Mork

Richter

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 05:45:09 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 15, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 03:12:38 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 15, 2010, 02:53:02 PM
I have no chocolate BARS per se, so I will have to try this either with 1) Truffles we got from step-monster-in-law for Xmas or 2) chocolate chips.  Oh shit, we're out of espresso, too, dammit, I forgot.  So trip to store is in order before Death Coffee commences Chez Jenne.  Boomaire.

Use semi-sweetened chocolate chips for best results.  The first sip will taste like Ron Jeremy's ass.  The second sip, and you're addicted.

oh, good.  I have yet to sample Ron Jeremy's ass, so this is a good experiement for science!

Also, is a small bit of cream allowed?  For the easement into my bowels?  (pretty please?)

Melt the chocolate with a bit of milk.  Anything other than that, and you're cheating.

By the way, this will not be a uniformly pleasurable experience, especially if you have more than one cup.  The gag about "the whole world falling out of your ass" is kidding on the square, and if you have high blood pressure, DON'T do this.

The same caveats as for the high test espresso should likely apply.  ANY heart condition, including arythmia, weak blood vessels in the brain, or any psychotic symptoms you do not find amusing should make you count the stuff right out.

Or maybe you WANT your head to go "pop" like it threw a rod, and watch the world accelerate naurseously to a raw bloody final thump.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Quote from: Mork on February 15, 2010, 12:09:46 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on February 14, 2010, 11:42:47 PM
Don't do it, Mork! It's a trap!

*Runs off to make himself a pot of Death Coffee" Muhahahaha!  :fap:

And he was never seen again. :x

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Richter on February 16, 2010, 12:57:19 PM
I have no chocolate BARS per se, so I will have to try this either with 1) Truffles we got from step-monster-in-law for Xmas or 2) chocolate chips.  Oh shit, we're out of espresso, too, dammit, I forgot.  So trip to store is in order before Death Coffee commences Chez Jenne.  Boomaire.

Use semi-sweetened chocolate chips for best results.  The first sip will taste like Ron Jeremy's ass.  The second sip, and you're addicted.

oh, good.  I have yet to sample Ron Jeremy's ass, so this is a good experiement for science!

Also, is a small bit of cream allowed?  For the easement into my bowels?  (pretty please?)

Melt the chocolate with a bit of milk.  Anything other than that, and you're cheating.

By the way, this will not be a uniformly pleasurable experience, especially if you have more than one cup.  The gag about "the whole world falling out of your ass" is kidding on the square, and if you have high blood pressure, DON'T do this.

The same caveats as for the high test espresso should likely apply.  ANY heart condition, including arythmia, weak blood vessels in the brain, or any psychotic symptoms you do not find amusing should make you count the stuff right out.

Or maybe you WANT your head to go "pop" like it threw a rod, and watch the world accelerate naurseously to a raw bloody final thump.

The problem with weak blood vessels in the brain is that no one knows they have one until it pops.

Even perfectly healthy people are screwing with their health if they actually consume eight shots of espresso in one sitting. That's about 800 mg of caffeine.

Because caffeine suppresses adenosine, the list of people who shouldn't consume it at all, even early in the day, includes not only anyone with any kind of heart or circulatory problem, but also anyone with any kind of stress, panic, or anxiety disorder, and anyone with a sleep disorder. Like insomnia.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 06:46:04 PM

The problem with weak blood vessels in the brain is that no one knows they have one until it pops.

Even perfectly healthy people are screwing with their health if they actually consume eight shots of espresso in one sitting. That's about 800 mg of caffeine.

Because caffeine suppresses adenosine, the list of people who shouldn't consume it at all, even early in the day, includes not only anyone with any kind of heart or circulatory problem, but also anyone with any kind of stress, panic, or anxiety disorder, and anyone with a sleep disorder. Like insomnia.

Whoa, Nigel...8 shots of expresso are what go into the whole pot, with the other ingredients.  It is not intended that someone actually drink a whole pot.  That's to be served out.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's good.

However, what I said about caffeine still applies. Healthy people shouldn't have more than 300 mg per day, and people with heart conditions, circulatory conditions, and any kind of stress, panic, anxiety, or sleep disorder should really not have any. At all. Because even small amounts suppress adenosine and trigger or exacerbate those conditions.

Not that I'm not a bad example, myself. I drink one cup of black tea or 2-3 cups of green tea per day, and that's more caffeine than I ought to have, and I know it.

Assuming a typical-sized coffeepot (10/12 cups, actually translates to about 6 12-oz mugs) your death coffee probably has about 433 mg per 12-oz mug. That's not really too much for a healthy person to do on an occasional recreational basis.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 07:06:42 PM
That's good.

However, what I said about caffeine still applies. Healthy people shouldn't have more than 300 mg per day, and people with heart conditions, circulatory conditions, and any kind of stress, panic, anxiety, or sleep disorder should really not have any. At all. Because even small amounts suppress adenosine and trigger or exacerbate those conditions.

Not that I'm not a bad example, myself. I drink one cup of black tea or 2-3 cups of green tea per day, and that's more caffeine than I ought to have, and I know it.

Hrm.  I drink about 2-3 pots of regular coffee each morning, with maybe 2 cups in the afternoon.  Occasionally I will replace one pot of that coffee with 1 cup of death coffee.
Molon Lube

Richter

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2010, 06:48:53 PM

Whoa, Nigel...8 shots of expresso are what go into the whole pot, with the other ingredients.  It is not intended that someone actually drink a whole pot.  That's to be served out.

oops.

Guess my head is structurally sound, for the moment.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on February 16, 2010, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2010, 06:48:53 PM

oops.

Guess my head is structurally sound, for the moment.

Dang, dude.

One cup of that shit is worth more than a full pot of coffee, and it hits you in a much shorter amount of time.
Molon Lube

Richter

In retrospect, I'm surprised it didn't make me nauseous.
I was SHARP, but utterly useless in a group.  I focused in on reading everyone's body language and interactions.

LMNO

Um.

This was funny, until someone brought up potential health risks.

As was explored in 2005 or so, espresso has equal or less caffeine in it than regular coffee: The longer beans are roasted, the less caffeine, although it does get richer and more bitter.

So, by combining one pot of coffee, one chocolate bar, and (essentially) one pot of expresso, you have basically made TWO POTS OF BITTER MOCHA.

Sorry to be a "buzz" kill.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2010, 07:45:47 PM
Um.

As was explored in 2005 or so, espresso has equal or less caffeine in it than regular coffee: The longer beans are roasted, the less caffeine, although it does get richer and more bitter.

So, by combining one pot of coffee, one chocolate bar, and (essentially) one pot of expresso, you have basically made TWO POTS OF BITTER MOCHA.

Hey, all I know is I can type about 200WPM on this shit, then I fall over.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2010, 07:08:13 PM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 07:06:42 PM
That's good.

Hrm.  I drink about 2-3 pots of regular coffee each morning, with maybe 2 cups in the afternoon.  Occasionally I will replace one pot of that coffee with 1 cup of death coffee.

Jesus fuck. Do you know how much caffeine is in a pot of coffee?

I'm just saying, that seems like it might be a slight indicator for why you can't sleep without tranquilizers. Does your doctor know how much caffeine you drink? Did your doctor even ASK? Because prescribing benzos for insomnia without first ruling out caffeine is way beyond irresponsible.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2010, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 16, 2010, 07:45:47 PM
Um.

Hey, all I know is I can type about 200WPM on this shit, then I fall over.

Call me cruel, but I really want to see a video of that.