News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Pot/drugs: An all-encompassing explanation.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 15, 2010, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

great post, rog.

is there a time when it's good to do drugs?

I've certainly had my share of third-eye opening experiences - there have been a few times when a trip has been the fulcrum which I use to reorganize my life. And I think I understand my mind a lot better having been outside of it a few times. But yeah, let's not pretend that pot is ambrosia or anything. It also seems to be a tool to make yourself complacent with things. You can totally blaze yourself into a rut.

There's an episode of South Park where all the adults are trying to tell Ike that if he smokes pot he will become a crack addict and die. Here's the conclusion:

Stan: I've been told a lot of things about pot, but I've come to find out a lot of those things aren't true! So I don't know what to believe!

Randy: Well, Stan, the truth is marijuana probably isn't gonna make you kill people, and it most likely isn't gonna fund terrorism, but, well son, pot makes you feel fine with being bored, and it's when you're bored that you should be learning some new skill or discovering some new science or being creative. If you smoke pot you may grow up to find out that you aren't good at anything.

Doktor Howl

Cram, that's fucking awesome, AND true.

Use of pot:  Not a problem in and of itself.

Identification of self with pot:  Waste of good air.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on February 15, 2010, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: Kai on February 15, 2010, 10:04:22 PM
Food is one of those drugs that I have to take three times a day or my head goes all mushy.

Um.

Actually, PD.com is my drug of choice. It neutralizes my disruptive elements, feels good, lets me forget my problems for a short while, and is something to identify with. All of which are side effects of using PD.com for legitimate medical reasons.

Lately I've been experiencing some undesirable side effects.
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on February 15, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
OH WAIT i do drink alot of caffeine....i dont really count that tho, but i will hike through snow drifts to get my coffee. that EFFORT is necessary otherwise my brain explodes.

Caffeine is definitely drugs.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:16:25 PM
OH WAIT i do drink alot of caffeine....i dont really count that tho, but i will hike through snow drifts to get my coffee. that EFFORT is necessary otherwise my brain explodes.

Yep, and a startlingly powerful one, as proven by the actual debilitating effects of death coffee.
Molon Lube

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 10:15:07 PM
Food is one of those drugs that I have to take three times a day or my head goes all mushy.

Um.

Actually, PD.com is my drug of choice. It neutralizes my disruptive elements, feels good, lets me forget my problems for a short while, and is something to identify with. All of which are side effects of using PD.com for legitimate medical reasons.

You too? Guess it's psychosomatic.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on February 15, 2010, 10:17:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 10:15:07 PM

Um.

You too? Guess it's psychosomatic.

Side effects may include:  Excessive fluff, threadjacking, (excessive) senseless bickering, Livejournal, hair loss, impotency, and anal bleeding.  As your Doktor if PEEDEE is good for you. 

PEEDEE:  The NEW purple pill.
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

I think that drugs, although they aren't going to make you more creative, can help in being creative in different ways than you are used to.  They can certainly help with looking at everything in a different way.

I don't think there is any drug that is a good idea for everyone, I think there are probably people out there who no drug is a good idea for, although I don't know who they are and I agree with the good Doktor that defining yourself by your drug use is stupid, even stupider, I'd say, than defining yourself by your sexual preference or your religion.  

I do think that there are psychological uses to many drugs (more shrooms or LSD than pot) that have not been adequately explored.  I also know that Peyote has allowed me to see things, real things that I would not have noticed otherwise (in my case the entire constellation of the great bear, rather than just the dipper, is this valuable?  Depends on who you are, it is pretty, and kind of awe inspiring cause it is a really big constellation, and if I am somewhere with a low enough ambient light level I can still see it, so it wasn't a peyote hallucination) I don't know if any of that is in contradiction to the OP, just a different take on it.

-Dok Howl

Doktor Howl

The funniest thing:  TokinGwhatever was posting in this thread, and now he's viewing it, with no message posted.

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA.

UM.

WHERE ARE MY CHEETOHS?
\
:hippie:
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:16:25 PM

Yep, and a startlingly powerful one, as proven by the actual debilitating effects of death coffee.

OD of caffeine leads to explosive diorhea, vomiting, and hallucinations.  I learned this while in counseling for marijuana usage while a teenager. (not from personal experience but from my drug counselor describing personal observations of people who had OD'd on caffeine pills)

-Dok Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:21:17 PM
I think that drugs, although they aren't going to make you more creative, can help in being creative in different ways than you are used to.  They can certainly help with looking at everything in a different way.

Yeah.  From under the couch.

I don't think there is any drug that is a good idea for everyone, I think there are probably people out there who no drug is a good idea for, although I don't know who they are and I agree with the good Doktor that defining yourself by your drug use is stupid, even stupider, I'd say, than defining yourself by your sexual preference or your religion.  

I do think that there are psychological uses to many drugs (more shrooms or LSD than pot) that have not been adequately explored.  I also know that Peyote has allowed me to see things, real things that I would not have noticed otherwise (in my case the entire constellation of the great bear, rather than just the dipper, is this valuable?  Depends on who you are, it is pretty, and kind of awe inspiring cause it is a really big constellation, and if I am somewhere with a low enough ambient light level I can still see it, so it wasn't a peyote hallucination) I don't know if any of that is in contradiction to the OP, just a different take on it.

Mostly I get all fucked up and shoot things when I do cactus.  To each his own.

But let me know when there's a peer-reviewed paper dealing with as-yet unexplored psychological uses.  Until then, it's just hippie shit.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:22:48 PM

OD of caffeine leads to explosive diorhea, vomiting, and hallucinations.  

Yeah, I know that.  Now.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Rumckle

I as about to say that, kinda.

The thing is, if you have no talent or creativity to begin with, you are not going to get it taking drugs.

And while you may get some creative inspiration, maybe even writing/playing/whatever while high, you are going to need to edit the fuck out of that shit when you get sober.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

the last yatto

Ecstasy was originally a medical drug, if i recall
tho they found it let out too much happy so wasnt good outside controlled settings.
cant remember how it got banned, probably stupid teenagers or political fear of
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Rumckle

A lot of recreational drugs were medical drugs at some point.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.