News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Pot/drugs: An all-encompassing explanation.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 15, 2010, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokinGLX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 15, 2010, 10:22:17 PM
The funniest thing:  TokinGwhatever was posting in this thread, and now he's viewing it, with no message posted.

I HAVE A GREAT IDEA.

UM.

WHERE ARE MY CHEETOHS?
\
:hippie:
oh, i feel so special that somebody is watching my every move here.
here, i will give you a better play by play on things-
was posting, got a phone call, went downstairs, let the cat out, checked messages on youtube, checked posts on another forums, decided to see if there was more posts in this thread, found out there was, read them, read your new post about what ive been up to, decided to reply instead to this new post, started replying to your post, clicked preview....saw the message "Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.," reviewed those three new replies, clicked post.
...then bob said, "let there be slack," and there was.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rumckle on February 15, 2010, 10:25:41 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:21:17 PM
I think that drugs, although they aren't going to make you more creative, can help in being creative in different ways than you are used to.  They can certainly help with looking at everything in a different way.

I as about to say that, kinda.

The thing is, if you have no talent or creativity to begin with, you are not going to get it taking drugs.

And while you may get some creative inspiration, maybe even writing/playing/whatever while high, you are going to need to edit the fuck out of that shit when you get sober.

Absolutely.  It is also a good idea to document as much as possible if you plan on using drugs as a creative catalyst because pretty much all of them fuck up your short term memory.  Document the stuff that seems profound and the other stuff too, because your judgement as to what is profound is definitely impaired.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

tokinGLX

that reminds me, i have to let the cat in now.
and take another hit.
of weed.

Bella

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:28:53 PM
Quote from: Rumckle on February 15, 2010, 10:25:41 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 15, 2010, 10:21:17 PM
I think that drugs, although they aren't going to make you more creative, can help in being creative in different ways than you are used to.  They can certainly help with looking at everything in a different way.

I as about to say that, kinda.

The thing is, if you have no talent or creativity to begin with, you are not going to get it taking drugs.

And while you may get some creative inspiration, maybe even writing/playing/whatever while high, you are going to need to edit the fuck out of that shit when you get sober.

Absolutely. It is also a good idea to document as much as possible if you plan on using drugs as a creative catalyst because pretty much all of them fuck up your short term memory. Document the stuff that seems profound and the other stuff too, because your judgement as to what is profound is definitely impaired.

No kidding. Pot messes up my short term memory like crazy, but so did the drug store prescription pain meds. At least the pot doesn't make me jittery and mean and send me on crying jags like the other stuff did.

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Cramulus

Quote from: Pēleus on February 15, 2010, 10:26:48 PM
Ecstasy was originally a medical drug, if i recall
tho they found it let out too much happy so wasnt good outside controlled settings.
cant remember how it got banned, probably stupid teenagers or political fear of

MDMA is relatively safe if taken in responsible dosages and frequencies. Like cocaine, it was originally used medicinally, and burns itself out of your system pretty quick. Studies being done in nordic countries (where they can actually do drug research without their results being compromised by political forces), are finding it works wonders in treating PSTD and other stress related disorders.

Ecstasy, on the other hand, is basically MDMA with a lot of "filler" in it, and you don't really know what that shit is. A lot of e is made in a trailer by rednecks with no chem training. Again, it's usually pretty safe. When you see an MRI full of black holes, you're probably looking at somebody who uses E in the 3-5 times a week range. If you look at the group that does it once a month, their MRI looks identical to a normal brain. This is one of those facts that the FDA does not want you to know.

Richter

:mittens:

I especially liked the bit about people who use drugs to "Forget their problems".  Psychological addiction in a nutshell.

Any drug, I tell people what I tell myself; "Can you relax the same without it as with?".  If yes, then you might be OK with your intoxicants.  Have fun.

If no, or even uncertain, take a step back.  Think it over, see how you feel going without, etc.  (Or cave, and admit you can only control yourself by putting things in.  I'm a control fiend, so I want to make sure I can bend the brain with only the house brand tools.)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

NotPublished

Quote from: tokinGLX on February 15, 2010, 10:28:21 PM

was posting, got a phone call, went downstairs, let the cat out, checked messages on youtube, checked posts on another forums, decided to see if there was more posts in this thread, found out there was, read them, read your new post about what ive been up to, decided to reply instead to this new post, started replying to your post, clicked preview....saw the message "Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.," reviewed those three new replies, clicked post.

Why did this leave me sick in the stomach???
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cramulus on February 15, 2010, 10:34:07 PM
Quote from: Pēleus on February 15, 2010, 10:26:48 PM
Ecstasy was originally a medical drug, if i recall
tho they found it let out too much happy so wasnt good outside controlled settings.
cant remember how it got banned, probably stupid teenagers or political fear of

MDMA is relatively safe if taken in responsible dosages and frequencies. Like cocaine, it was originally used medicinally, and burns itself out of your system pretty quick. Studies being done in nordic countries (where they can actually do drug research without their results being compromised by political forces), are finding it works wonders in treating PSTD and other stress related disorders.

Ecstasy, on the other hand, is basically MDMA with a lot of "filler" in it, and you don't really know what that shit is. A lot of e is made in a trailer by rednecks with no chem training. Again, it's usually pretty safe. When you see an MRI full of black holes, you're probably looking at somebody who uses E in the 3-5 times a week range. If you look at the group that does it once a month, their MRI looks identical to a normal brain. This is one of those facts that the FDA does not want you to know.

Yeah,  MDMA is expensive and difficult to make, Methamphetemine is easy and cheap, so when possible they subsitute.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cramulus

Chef: I just want to tell you that drugs are bad.

Stan: We know, we know, that’s what everybody says.

Chef: Right, but do you know why they’re bad?

Kyle (like a robot): Because they’re an addictive solution to a greater problem causing disease of both body and mind with consequences far outweighing their supposed benefits.

Chef: And do you have any idea what that means?

Kyle: No.

Cartman: I know. Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you’re a hippy, and hippies suck.

Chef: Look children: this is all I’m gonna say about drugs. Stay away from them. There’s a time and a place for everything and it’s called college.

tokinGLX

Ecstasy, on the other hand, is basically MDMA with a lot of "filler" in it, and you don't really know what that shit is. A lot of e is made in a trailer by rednecks with no chem training. Again, it's usually pretty safe.

absolutely correct.  i do not condone the use of e, but people will use it. those who do must be wary of the conditions in which it was made and understand that 9 times out of 10 it was not in the most sanitary of conditions.  
QuoteWhen you see an MRI full of black holes, you're probably looking at somebody who uses E in the 3-5 times a week range. If you look at the group that does it once a month, their MRI looks identical to a normal brain. This is one of those facts that the FDA does not want you to know.
well, that is one of those "facts" that isnt actually a fact.  the study that you are referencing has been thoroughly debunked.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_neurotoxicity3.shtml
QuoteStephen Kish's article in "Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behaviour" published in April, 2002 investigates the reliability of the PET brain scanning showing damage. He concludes that the studies completed to date include serious methodological flaws, huge variations between individuals tested, use of non-serotonin specific tests, lack of test-retest reliability data, and other invalidating assumptions about the types of tests used. He says that, based on the brain scan research to date, "it cannot be assumed that ecstasy exposure [causes] a chronic serotonin deficiency condition."
QuoteAs one PET researcher described to us, the Ricaurte team didn't have the necessary skills required to competently analyse the data. They were undertrained in the technically demanding field of PET Scanning and their results reflect both a lack of ability and a failure to notice when their results were coming back wrong.
like the substance or not, there is no reason to continue spreading lies about it.

Kai

Hey, POTHEAD, thanks for ruining the joke. Fucker.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like doing drugs, I just don't have the time for them. They require so much commitment.

Also, back when I was a kid, Ecstasy used to just the street name for MDMA. People cutting it with meth, they're doin' it wrong. Kids today, I swear.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 15, 2010, 10:58:54 PM
I like doing drugs, I just don't have the time for them. They require so much commitment.

Also, back when I was a kid, Ecstasy used to just the street name for MDMA. People cutting it with meth, they're doin' it wrong. Kids today, I swear.

I blame the internet.

Cramulus

Quote from: tokinGLX on February 15, 2010, 10:46:12 PM
When you see an MRI full of black holes, you're probably looking at somebody who uses E in the 3-5 times a week range. If you look at the group that does it once a month, their MRI looks identical to a normal brain. This is one of those facts that the FDA does not want you to know.
well, that is one of those "facts" that isnt actually a fact.  the study that you are referencing has been thoroughly debunked.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_neurotoxicity3.shtml
QuoteStephen Kish's article in "Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behaviour" published in April, 2002 investigates the reliability of the PET brain scanning showing damage. He concludes that the studies completed to date include serious methodological flaws, huge variations between individuals tested, use of non-serotonin specific tests, lack of test-retest reliability data, and other invalidating assumptions about the types of tests used. He says that, based on the brain scan research to date, "it cannot be assumed that ecstasy exposure [causes] a chronic serotonin deficiency condition."
QuoteAs one PET researcher described to us, the Ricaurte team didn't have the necessary skills required to competently analyse the data. They were undertrained in the technically demanding field of PET Scanning and their results reflect both a lack of ability and a failure to notice when their results were coming back wrong.
like the substance or not, there is no reason to continue spreading lies about it.

The McCann and Ricaurte study is only one study to have examined the degenerative effects of MDMA use. And none of the controversy surrounding that article contradicts what I said - if you do ecstasy 3-5 times a week, you're probably the type which is prone to staying up all night dancing and doing weird drugs, and you probably do have an unusually high degree of seratonin toxicity.

I thought that my post was in support of e - if you do it somewhat responsibly, there is little chance of long term side effects. Quit spreading lies that I am lying.

Doktor Howl

PEEDEE, NOW BIG BROTHER.

Naw, I was checking a couple of "guest" IPs, and noticed you posting, then not posting.

Relax.  I was just yanking your chain.
Molon Lube