News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Pot/drugs: An all-encompassing explanation.

Started by Doktor Howl, February 15, 2010, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Pots/drugs: an all encompassing explanation

No-one cares about your trip.  No-one.  Not even your mother.  Your pets actually fall asleep when you start to talk about it, and you only own sea monkeys.  Now shut up about it.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on February 22, 2010, 03:34:08 PM

No-one cares about your trip.  No-one.  Not even your mother.  Your pets actually fall asleep when you start to talk about it, and you only own sea monkeys.  Now shut up about it.

:mittens:

This is a good point Cain. Everyone's trip is their own. It's a subjective experience which MIGHT be helpful to you personally, but it seems unlikely that your personal trip recounting will help anyone else vicariously.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Doktor Howl

This beats the shit out my original post.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 03:37:16 PM

This is a good point Cain. Everyone's trip is their own. It's a subjective experience which MIGHT be helpful to you personally, but it seems unlikely that your personal trip recounting will help anyone else vicariously.

Might bore them to suicide, though.
Molon Lube

Cain

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:38:06 PM

Well in that case we should encourage more trip stories... less monkeys eating our food!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 03:39:23 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 03:38:06 PM

Well in that case we should encourage more trip stories... less monkeys eating our food!

We'd have to suffer with them.  I mean, it's about all I can take just listening to nuclearcabbage screeching about how pot is MAGICKAL.  That's about the absolute limit.
Molon Lube

Xooxe

Sometimes other people have trips that I don't want to remember. Like getting home to find two fat lesbians on pills for the first time shoving vegetables up their pussies on my fucking bed. I still don't know who they were.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Xooxe on February 22, 2010, 04:15:58 PM
Sometimes other people have trips that I don't want to remember. Like getting home to find two fat lesbians on pills for the first time shoving vegetables up their pussies on my fucking bed. I still don't know who they were.

Some people pay good money for shit like that.
Molon Lube

Xooxe

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 22, 2010, 04:16:55 PM
Quote from: Xooxe on February 22, 2010, 04:15:58 PM

Some people pay good money for shit like that.

It was probably a glitch in the Free Market.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on February 22, 2010, 10:00:55 AM
My sister has had to stop giving Eris, the cat that used to be mine catnip as the comedowns make her violent.

Your family has shitty luck with drugs.  Poor cat.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 03:18:48 PM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat on February 22, 2010, 03:10:21 PM
oh it was not anyone they even knew.  :x and that pot was off to be redistributed and probably sold by the 1/8 also. . . horror. no mirth.

As a joke? K is not cheap and its not gonna up the value of their weed... so you're sure that this happened? I mean, I'm just saying it sounds far more like the scare stories that make no sense. However, I don't doubt that stupid monkeys may well do something stupid... seems that one would make a lot more money selling K and Pot rather than K laced pot...

Is special K even active if smoked?  I know that DXM, which is chemically related, is not unless you make a freebase out of it, which is a really difficult process and the freebase usually ends up combining with acid from the air or environment pretty quickly to turn back into a salt.
(note, I am not saying making or preserving a freebase is difficult for all drugs, just DXM in particular, also I have not tried it, just going on accounts I have read)
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 21, 2010, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 21, 2010, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 21, 2010, 06:16:42 PM
QuoteNo, because I was describing my own experiences.  You would only be close-minded if you dismissed, out of hand, that any pot can play any positive role in the journey an individual takes towards a higher awareness of what it means to be a sentient creature.

But the fact that I've managed to become a fellow with a pretty open mind, able to comprehend and explore and understand that reality is as expansive as it is, without lifting a joint or doing any other kind of drug, well, that runs counter to the idea you seem to be suggesting which is that drugs are necessary to tap into , or catalyze, that kind of awareness.  So, obviously you are incorrect. 

Further, I would argue that relying upon chemicals is only circumventing the real problem.  Which is that you seem to be existing in an environment that is not conducive to you being able to consider a more expansive model of reality.  So, when the drugs wear off, those same roadblocks are there. 

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 21, 2010, 05:24:50 PM
Umm, no.  It's not that our brain has receptors made for mind altering substances.  It's that our brain was outfitted with receptors designed for our natural brain chemistry, but when you introduce foreign chemicals, you experience the highs of the drugs.  Or, the drugs breakdown into components that mimic our natural brain chemistry, and amp it up.  No matter how you slice it, it is not natural.  And no, we aren't unique.  Anything with a brain can experience the results of having that brain altered with chemicals. 
the pleasure center wins out far too often with some. 
I don't believe in intelligent design.  Your usage of "natural" is strange to me - virtually nothing about our environment is "natural" - if we used that for our yardstick then we wouldn't have even started living in caves or using tools.

I'm not talking about intelligent design.  I'm talking about the idea that humans come packaged with a certain chemistry set.  If nature believed it was beneficial for us to have these chemicals in our system, it would likely be more common than not that they were in our system.  No, indeed, nature has decided that many of these mind-altering chemicals, are actualy pretty harmful to our bodies, and have developed symptoms and side-effects to warn us of that fact.  Unfortunately,

horseshit. if that was the case, we wouldn't need to eat food to get the ESSENTIAL amino acids that our body doesn't naturally produce.

Yes, unfortunately the laws of thermodynamics do require us to acuqire sustenance.  There is no requirement for our brain to be exposed to the chemicals in illicit drugs.  If we all stop eating.  We will all die.  If we all stop using drugs, life will go on just fine. 

not what I said. regardless of our need to burn biomass as fuel for our bodies, there are ESSENTIAL amino acids that our bodies ARE NOT PHYSICALLY CAPABLE OF PRODUCING INTERNALLY. I am responding to the part of your post that I bolded in the quote. If nature believed (leaving aside the issue of how nature could even "believe" anything) that our bodies should have these amino acids present or we would die wothout them, why didn't nature have our bodies produce these amino acids internally?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on February 22, 2010, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on February 22, 2010, 03:18:48 PM
Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat on February 22, 2010, 03:10:21 PM
oh it was not anyone they even knew.  :x and that pot was off to be redistributed and probably sold by the 1/8 also. . . horror. no mirth.

As a joke? K is not cheap and its not gonna up the value of their weed... so you're sure that this happened? I mean, I'm just saying it sounds far more like the scare stories that make no sense. However, I don't doubt that stupid monkeys may well do something stupid... seems that one would make a lot more money selling K and Pot rather than K laced pot...

Is special K even active if smoked?  I know that DXM, which is chemically related, is not unless you make a freebase out of it, which is a really difficult process and the freebase usually ends up combining with acid from the air or environment pretty quickly to turn back into a salt.
(note, I am not saying making or preserving a freebase is difficult for all drugs, just DXM in particular, also I have not tried it, just going on accounts I have read)

K is definitely smokable... it wouldn't ever be mistaken for a THC high though. In fact, between the horrible taste and the dissociative state it would leave you in there would be no doubt that the pot had been laced. I bet some downstream dealers would be out for blood if they were tricked into selling/smoking something like that.

East Coast Hustle

as someone who used to sell pot, the first thing I'm gonna do if I'm buying a pound of weed (or even a QP or even an OZ) is pack a hit and try it out, probably before I even leave the dealer's house.

If I did that and got stuck in a K-hole for it, I'd be coming back to that dude's house later on that night, with my gun, and putting one in his leg. And I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I know plenty of people who would kill someone for that.

just saying.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"