News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

ATTN: PROFESSOR CRAMULUS. I CHANGED MY MIND.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 16, 2010, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had an epiphany last night. I no longer oppose Discordian evangelism; in fact, I support it wholeheartedly.

Because I realized that it's funny.

Congratulations, sir. You have made a convert out of me. I am now an evangelical Discordian.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Remington

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 07:23:47 PM
I had an epiphany last night. I no longer oppose Discovangelism; in fact, I support it wholeheartedly.

Congratulations, sir. You have made a convert out of me. I am now an Discovangelist.
We must, of course, endeavor to use the proper terminology.

EVERYBODY PRAY NOW
DUM
DUM DUM DUM DUM
DUM DUM DUM

EVERYBODY PRAY NOW

*Music trails off into the distance*
Is it plugged in?

Cramulus

that's the fuckin' ticket!

because yo, preaching at people is a gas. Just ask any southern baptist. Usually, only really religious types get to do it. But fuck that! I want to get all high and mighty at random pedestrians.

I used to hand out these dada sheets on the street corner in downtown stamford CT. Met a lot of interesting people that way. Some of the reactions were priceless. I'll never forget this one bearded dude who was reading the Frobnosticator Instructions and kept saying "This doesn't make any sense! Why the fuck are you doing this?" We wouldn't give him an explanation. He eventually left, sort of annoyed, but giggling nonstop. He just didn't know how to process it! I was a tickled pink.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on February 16, 2010, 07:57:37 PM
What lead to the epiphany, Nigel?

Going back over my evening, it doesn't seem to relate to anything at all. I was going to dinner at my friend's house, and then I got a call from EOT that he was going stir-crazy and had left the house to go hang at a local watering hole, so I met him there and had a couple of drinks. Whatever we were talking about right before the epiphany wasn't even related. It was just BAM, Cram's in my head handing out pamphlets.

I guess it's like one of those religious Jesus-came-to-me-in-a-vision moments that makes people join the priesthood. Only instead of Jesus, I got Cramulus.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 09:28:05 PM

Going back over my evening, it doesn't seem to relate to anything at all. I was going to dinner at my friend's house, and then I got a call from EOT that he was going stir-crazy and had left the house to go hang at a local watering hole, so I met him there and had a couple of drinks. Whatever we were talking about right before the epiphany wasn't even related. It was just BAM, Cram's in my head handing out pamphlets.

I guess it's like one of those religious Jesus-came-to-me-in-a-vision moments that makes people join the priesthood. Only instead of Jesus, I got Cramulus.

this sounds like a good bumpersticker.

"I GOT CRAMMED"

"CRAM IS MY CO-PILOT"

"CRAM BLESS AMERICA...AND NOWHERE ELSE!"
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Hey if my mental health sabbatical continues boredom may force me to start preaching the Erisian word in my dad's dull as shit little town. Being delightfully mad means I have a primo get out clause too for when the really stuck up people start asking what I'm up to!

Shai Hulud

Best thread ever!  Glad to hear about your miraculous conversion, Nigel, I'm intrigued to see how you direct your energies now:)  Since I just learned what QFT means, the following are QFT:

Quote from: Cramulus on February 16, 2010, 07:46:40 PM

because yo, preaching at people is a gas. Just ask any southern baptist. Usually, only really religious types get to do it. But fuck that! I want to get all high and mighty at random pedestrians.

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 16, 2010, 09:46:10 PM
"I GOT CRAMMED"

"CRAM IS MY CO-PILOT"
:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I GOT CRAMMED"

"CRAM IS MY CO-PILOT"

"No Cram, no peace
Know Cram, know peace"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 07:23:47 PM
I had an epiphany last night. I no longer oppose Discordian evangelism; in fact, I support it wholeheartedly.

I totally agree, as long as it's somebody else preaching.

Kai

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 16, 2010, 09:53:04 PM

"I GOT CRAMMED"

"CRAM IS MY CO-PILOT"

"No Cram, no peace
Know Cram, know peace"

"No Cram, no piece (of pie)
Know Cram, know piece (of pie (carnally))"
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"