News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

EvangeliGASM

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 16, 2010, 07:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I was sitting at a bar last night with EOT and, kind of out of the blue, the image of Cram on a streetcorner earnestly handing out Discordian pamphlets popped into my head. And it was funny. I laughed.

And then I was enlightened.

So what I would like to do here is follow through with Cram's (I think it was Cram's) idea of streetcorner Discordian evangelism... put together some little pamphlets, ones that can be printed on a single sheet of paper, then cut up, folded, and stapled... and start handing them out. I'll post them on SCRIBD as I get them done. Contributions to this project, whether in the form of ideas or pamphlets, are welcome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

awesome! I haven't actually done any street corner evangelism since I lived with the OBNOXIOUS JERK CABAL. Which is about three or four years ago at this point! It was prior to me being known as Cramulus...

here's some material:

http://23ae.com/2010/01/23-things-to-amuse-yourself-while-you-wait/
http://23ae.com/2009/12/mu-chaos-dada-sheets/
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21920.0 - I'd really love to see some of these ideas made into pamphlets

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Liv and I had some buttons made with "We occur at random among your children" with the 23cent apple stamp, and "A conclusion is simply where you've stopped thinking." with the pentagon mandala, and one with a 'word cloud' from the PD. "POEE" is the largest term in the word cloud so we've memorized how to say "Para-Theo-Ana-Meta-Mystickhood of Eris Esoteric" with a straight face and have taken to handing out buttons.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on February 16, 2010, 09:10:39 PM
Liv and I had some buttons made with "We occur at random among your children" with the 23cent apple stamp, and "A conclusion is simply where you've stopped thinking." with the pentagon mandala, and one with a 'word cloud' from the PD. "POEE" is the largest term in the word cloud so we've memorized how to say "Para-Theo-Ana-Meta-Mystickhood of Eris Esoteric" with a straight face and have taken to handing out buttons.

Oooh, that's lovely!

Dimocritus

This is cool. I've been looking for some more Meat-Space activities.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Lord Quantum

Hey! Stop stealing my unannounced ideas!  :argh!:

We've got a lot of street preachers around here and some friends and I are planning on launching a counter-evangelism campaign soon. I've got a little one page tract that I could send you. Do you want me to PM it to you or would you prefer to get the word doc in an email? The other half of the plan is creating a Discordian tele-evangelist character. I borrowed a webcam from a friend and I'm gonna debut the character on youtube soon (probably on the YouGASM profile). I've already got some ideas but if anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear 'em.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Salty

Here's this again:

Was about tp make a series of these with various spagfaces before I lost my damned mind and made a foolish asshole decision.

I thought it'd be great to have that sort of cryptic, ominous message leaving people to wonder:
"I just got...cram'd? What the hell does that mean?"

Even better if they were all business card sized, and I handed them out wearing a suit and a somber and/or professional expression.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on February 22, 2010, 02:43:27 AM
Here's this again:

Was about tp make a series of these with various spagfaces before I lost my damned mind and made a foolish asshole decision.

I thought it'd be great to have that sort of cryptic, ominous message leaving people to wonder:

Even better if they were all business card sized, and I handed them out wearing a suit and a somber and/or professional expression.

YES

VISTAPRINT, HERE I COME

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Alty on February 22, 2010, 02:43:27 AM
Here's this again:

This would make a good image to turn ASCII and randomly print on people's computers too, I don't remember the link, but I remember someone posting a link that could randomly print stuff on people's computers.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Salty

Salty

Salty

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty