News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

WEREWOLF II

Started by Remington, February 17, 2010, 12:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

Dammit BDS, I'm a doctor, not an optimist.
Insanity we trust.

bds

I think I need more silver bullets, in that case.

Captain Utopia

Urgh.  I so don't want to be another Jon'nyx.  So please bear with me.

I got a PM from one of the players here, claiming to be the psychic, asking not to be revealed.  But they also told me to pass on the result of their first guess.  My problem now is that if I do pass it on, then I become a target, and if I just quietly ignore it because I don't want the drama, then I become a target in their eyes, wasting their vote.  And if it's really a werewolf just fucking with me, then I'm fucked every which way anyway.

It confuses the heck out of me, so I'm just going to take the cowardly way out and let the village decide what I should do, but I'm not going to release the psychics name, even under secrecy of PM, so please don't ask - unless they want to reveal themselves, at which point I will confirm it.

:?

The Wizard

Well, was the guess correct or incorrect?
Insanity we trust.

Captain Utopia

NotPublished

Wait ... this either suggests FP is attempting to brain-fuck with us, or he's telling the truth.

How hard is it to make up a PM from Remington? How hard is it to feign confusement? Why am I asking these questions????

Quote from: RemingtonYou have been chosen as the psychic.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

The Wizard

But you said he told you the result of his guess. Or am I mistaken, again?
Insanity we trust.

Captain Utopia

Aw crap.  So wait, if I vote to lynch the person who PM'd me, does that count as revealing their identity?  I'm so screwed  :lulz:

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on February 17, 2010, 09:54:11 PM
But you said he told you the result of his guess. Or am I mistaken, again?
Yeah, he said that Lys wasn't a werewolf.  Doesn't matter now I guess.

The Wizard

Could be. What doth Remington say?
Insanity we trust.

The Wizard

QuoteDoesn't matter now I guess.

Could be fucking with you. Who knows?
Insanity we trust.

Triple Zero

Quote from: NotPublished on February 17, 2010, 09:51:34 PMHow hard is it to make up a PM from Remington?

as an admin, and the board's codemonkey i can tell you that this is nearly impossible.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: NotPublished on February 17, 2010, 09:51:34 PM
Wait ... this either suggests FP is attempting to brain-fuck with us, or he's telling the truth.

How hard is it to make up a PM from Remington? How hard is it to feign confusement? Why am I asking these questions????

Quote from: RemingtonYou have been chosen as the psychic.
Wait a minute!  Doesn't that make you the next target for the werewolves?

NotPublished

FP - Yes but don't you get it?

Its possible you've fallen into the trap and are trusting some identity which you possibly should not - it is possibly he's backing up Lys for being a werewolf and ensuring that by planting the seeds of doubt they'll be able to work their magic and kill the right people off.

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 17, 2010, 09:59:46 PM
Quote from: NotPublished on February 17, 2010, 09:51:34 PMHow hard is it to make up a PM from Remington?

as an admin, and the board's codemonkey i can tell you that this is nearly impossible.
But how hard is it to foward another user a message saying its the authentic from Remington, but its only something made up. How are they to know you honestly recieved a msg from Mr Remington. See where I am getting at?
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Triple Zero

plus, if possible, only an admin could do it, and it would totally be cheating. and knowing our admin team, they wouldnt do that.

reading the last post, of course making up a quote is easy as fuck and anyone could do it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.