News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

WEREWOLF II

Started by Remington, February 17, 2010, 12:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storebrand

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on February 26, 2010, 03:29:20 AM
We gonna do another round? If so, then I'm definitely in.

Ditto.  Even if I don't participate that much I really enjoy watching the game unfold.

Remington

So, I had an idea for adding another dynamic to the game, hopefully without breaking the existing ones.

Siblings

This version of the game would include the same players that the normal version does, with one minor exception:
One of the wolves and one of the villagers will become brother/sister, a secret known only to them.

Should one sibling die, so will the other: they must protect each other. The goal for the siblings is different from the Werewolf goal or Villager goal: their objective is to kill off their fellow villagers and werewolves until only they survive. Therefore, each faction will have a traitor in their midst: this helps to add paranoia and suspicion even within the wolf pack. After all, why should the villagers have all the fear?

-if one dies, both die
-The sibling match is known only to the siblings
-The condition is not detectable via Psychic-Scan

Do you think this sounds good? I'm fairly certain it would work to augment the dynamics already present, and it would help introduce some new elements for those who have already played once or twice.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Liam Stoat on February 26, 2010, 07:17:42 AM
Yeah, I'd liek to play, just like I PM'd you last time and got failed.  :?
Orly? Sorry about that.
Is it plugged in?

Captain Utopia

The siblings idea looks interesting.  Although, it's not really a penalty for the wolves since the wolves don't need to kill every last villager to win.  Maybe a wolf who eats the sibling gets to win the game as an individual, rather than as part of a team?  Lone-wolf?

The only thing I didn't like about the game, was the creation of private forums where dead people could post during the day with PMs.  I understand the only way to combat that would be via the honour-system, but otherwise, what is the point of having that restriction on the main thread?  Maybe if the psychic wasn't revealed upon death, and dead people weren't automatically more trustworthy (necromancer amongst villagers?), then that would balance out.

ThatGreenGentleman

I WANNA PLAY IF THERE'S A THIRD ROUND!!!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Remington

Quote from: FP on February 26, 2010, 03:08:18 PM
The siblings idea looks interesting.  Although, it's not really a penalty for the wolves since the wolves don't need to kill every last villager to win.  Maybe a wolf who eats the sibling gets to win the game as an individual, rather than as part of a team?  Lone-wolf?

The only thing I didn't like about the game, was the creation of private forums where dead people could post during the day with PMs.  I understand the only way to combat that would be via the honour-system, but otherwise, what is the point of having that restriction on the main thread?  Maybe if the psychic wasn't revealed upon death, and dead people weren't automatically more trustworthy (necromancer amongst villagers?), then that would balance out.
There's 2 regular wolves and one sibling'ed wolf. The sibling wolf needs to kill all the villagers and backstab his fellow lycanthropes. The two regular wolves need to kill the traitor (or their sibling) and get the ratio down to a certain level.

I'm not quite sure that would work. The psychic is the greatest advantage to villagers have, as well as one of their only sources of reliable information. This game went rather quickly because AtD is just that damn good, but usually the psychic makes tons of wrong guesses.
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

If there will be siblings, then there perhaps ought to be an extra wolf to make it fairer.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Sigmatic on February 26, 2010, 08:38:14 PM
If there will be siblings, then there perhaps ought to be an extra wolf to make it fairer.

This.

I'm going to sign up for the next one.

Rumckle

Siblings sounds like fun, but needs a better name IMO. (but what do I know, I'm probably still drunk from last night)

Either way I'm in for next game.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Remington on February 26, 2010, 08:37:14 PM
There's 2 regular wolves and one sibling'ed wolf. The sibling wolf needs to kill all the villagers and backstab his fellow lycanthropes. The two regular wolves need to kill the traitor (or their sibling) and get the ratio down to a certain level.

Ah, I misread - thanks for the clarification.  It's a tough objective, but it'd be fun.

Quote from: Remington on February 26, 2010, 08:37:14 PM
This game went rather quickly because AtD is just that damn good, but usually the psychic makes tons of wrong guesses.

Meh - rematch!  AtD scanned me first because I a tried high-risk strategy in this post on page 3, claiming to have received a PM from the psychic, making me a prime suspect in his eyes.  Guessing Semaj and Mistress Freeky could have been taken from posting frequency more than anything else - the wolves (and in future, the siblings) have more invested in the game and in defending themselves.

We didn't play a smart, cohesive game as the wolves, but I think we all had fun  :)

Remington

Quote from: FP on February 26, 2010, 10:08:34 PM
Meh - rematch!  AtD scanned me first because I a tried high-risk strategy in this post on page 3, claiming to have received a PM from the psychic, making me a prime suspect in his eyes.  Guessing Semaj and Mistress Freeky could have been taken from posting frequency more than anything else - the wolves (and in future, the siblings) have more invested in the game and in defending themselves.

We didn't play a smart, cohesive game as the wolves, but I think we all had fun  :)
He scanned you before that  8)
Is it plugged in?

Captain Utopia

:lulz:

I wonder on what basis?  I had only made two posts ITT before that!  This, and the one after.  I'm not sure what is incriminating about either.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: FP on February 26, 2010, 10:18:09 PM
:lulz:

I wonder on what basis?  I had only made two posts ITT before that!  This, and the one after.  I'm not sure what is incriminating about either.

Quote from: Annabel the Destroyer on February 25, 2010, 06:10:57 PM
Goddamn I'm awesome.

3 for 3.

AtD, Wolf-Finder.  8)

The Wizard

Werewolf hunters? Curse finding sorcerers? Fuck that, we have AtD.  :wink:
Insanity we trust.