News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

John Mayer's Racist Penis

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 16, 2010, 07:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 16, 2010, 07:32:12 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. Anyone getting offended by what he said is probably just LOOKING for something to be offended by.

that said...

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2010, 07:06:43 PM
He should be condemned for what he did to Tom Petty.  You only have to hang him once.

this, in spades.

Yeah, it's one of those situations where if he'd been talking about liking big asses instead of white girls it wouldn't have been mentioned at all. But race is such a hot button everyone gets all up in arms when a white guy says anything about race. Sure, he was crass. But it's fucking Playboy, it's not like your grandma's going to be reading it. Well, maybe she is, but in that case she shouldn't be offended by a little crassness.

Just imagine if it were Snoop Dogg saying the same thing:

"I don't think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a member of Nation of Islam. I've got a Benetton heart and a fuckin' Louis Farrakhan cock. I'm going to start dating separate from my dick..."

And, OMG, further down the article it talks about him making objectifying comments about black women. IT WAS A FUCKING PLAYBOY INTERVIEW. PLAYBOY. And he didn't objectify black women, he objectified ALL women. Which, situationally and in context, is actually OK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pondering this further, why did the interviewer ask if black women throw themselves at John Mayer?

What the hell led him to that question? It's a weird question. And I can hardly imagine women of any race "throwing themselves" at that guy. He's a fishface.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

-Kel-

anytime now that i hear the name john mayer or see his face i have to yell "RACIST PENIS!!"